Motorola Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 24, 2017

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Interview

Very relaxed interview in a stress free environment. The person interviewing me was very pleasant to talked to and made the my experience much better than anticipated. They asked me to tell them about myself and then proceeded with a few technical questions.

Systems Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I met them at a career fair at UIUC. Later that night, I got an on-campus interview scheduled for the next day. I attended that interview and then they told me that I would hear back from them.

The next day, the emailed me and wanted to schedule a time for me to come do an on-site interview at HQ in downtown Chicago.

Nine days later, I attended the interview in Chicago. There was a group of about eight of us that they interviewed that particular day. They fed us Chipotle and we watched a video about the history of Motorola. Then I interviewed with four different people.

There were no technical questions with right or wrong answers. They just asked about my projects and follow up questions about those projects. The interview was laid back and non threatening.

Summer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions in February 2017.

Interview

Very casual and straight forward, Asked me mostly about my projects and past internships. Wanted me to elaborate of them. Interviewer gave me a description of what he did and what the internship consisted of.

Staff Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Began with a phone screening by the hiring manager who set up a second over the phone interview with one of the engineers in the division they were hiring for. Finally there wasan onsitr interview that lasted from 9am to 2pm. The onsite interview had 2 panel interviews and a facility walk through.

Interview Questions

• What was the your favorite project that you worked on in school?   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Elgin, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Received an E-mail from a recruiter nearly 2 months after I had applied, to set-up an initial phone interview with the hiring manager. It consisted of very standard questions related to the position along with going over the resume. 2 weeks later got a call for an onsite interview. Interview day consisted of one on one discussion with 4 different managers from different departments (this included the hiring manager). It was followed by factory tour couple of times.

Interview Questions

• Was asked about most of the projects that I had mentioned in my resume in detail by every interviewer.   Answer Question

Presales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Had 2 managers interview me. It was very casual. They had asked me behavioral questions. They asked about my experience and about my interests. Have been asked to come in for an on site interview.

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I posted my resume to Monster.com and got a call from a recruiter. The recruiter told me that the position will direct report to the IT director. I had two rounds of interview in three weeks. For the final round, the interview was suppose to be with the director, but that did not happen.

Interview Questions

• General my background and experience questions. Mostly based on challenges, working with the team.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions in December 2016.

Interview

Was screened by an external recruiter. After completing the screening process, the recruiter set up interviews with two Senior level PM's and the Hiring director. The process was smooth and extremely pleasant. The questions were formal, and the interview was highly structured, but the tone was relaxed. There was plenty of time to discuss in detail items outside of rigid questions, so that determinations about personality and fit could be determined.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer was more than fair. No negotiation was necessary.

Electronic Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Louisville, KY).

Interview

Just looking for a warn body to fill a position. Spoke with the production manager and floor line supervisor. Walked through the plant floor repair area to observe the repair process and procedures.Talked about the amount of mandatory involved if I should accept the position.

Interview Questions

• Can you work mandatory overtime.   1 Answer

Training Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions.

Interview

Hiring process was professional and straight forward. Good company. Human resources people were attentive and responsive. One of the easier hiring processes. Motorola was a fortune 100 company and really understood to hire and onboard. Good training for new employees.