Motorola Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 24, 2017

2.8

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Madison, WI) in September 2016.

Interview

This was an on-campus interview. They gave me a detailed explanation of what each of the three positions they were hiring for did, then proceeded to interview me. They asked pretty typical questions, then allowed me to ask questions. Both interviewers were very nice.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have that make you an ideal candidate for this job?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Campus interview where they asked behavioral questions, basic pre-screening. Called into the Chicago office where I interviewed with 3 different managers where they asked basic questions about my interests and my technical background. Didn't go too in depth with technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you worked on that you were really proud of.   Answer Question

Solutions Architect - New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online, got an interview call 3 months later. After 2 rounds of interview - on hangouts and on-site, the managers were very positive. But 2 weeks later, I received an email from the HR saying they can't offer the job as they don't need anyone who needs sponsorship in the future to work in this country.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from HR recruiter within hours of submittal. The recruiter was calling on behalf of the hiring manager who wanted to schedule a phone interview ASAP. The recruiter was very enthusiastic and quick to respond, thorough in providing details of the job and expectations (noted that MSI was moving to downtown Chicago and the position would be based there). The phone interview w/the hiring manager was less than impressive; first, he didn't have a copy of my resume so it's doubtful he knew anything about my background or why he was talking to me. Secondly, his description of the job had a completely different emphasis than what the recruiter described which is also what was published online. The interview was short, not productive and ended with the hiring manager just saying: "Okay, well, let's stay in touch..." I was skeptical about MSI prior to be called and the experience told me that that skepticism was borne out in the process. MSI is no longer the company it was. It's a shell that's focused on EBITDA and nothing more.

Test Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holtsville, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Holtsville, NY).

Interview

I was interviewed by the group who I would be working with. Everyone was friendly got to ask a least one question. I was told I got the position at the interview.

Interview Questions

• I was basically asked about my skills and experiences.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation. I was told by the Staffing Agency what the pay rate was.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions.

Interview

It was not rally a technical interview. The hiring manager called me and asked me about my current coursework, about my past work experience. After that he explained me about the work that will be done ad also asked me a few questions about my resume and the points in them.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my current coursework   1 Answer

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was good so far.The process took 4 weeks till now. I am Scheduled for in person next week for next week. I was asked for more of technical questions so far with few behavioral questions.Any suggestions or comments that could help are appreciated.

Android Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions in May 2016.

Interview

Applied through Linkedin.
    Recruiter Contacted me to set up a phone interview.
    The person who called me didn't even know he was supposed to interview me.
    I gave the interview in may, haven't received any response. They don't respond to emails also.

Android Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions.

Interview

That was not a application related at first.The interviewer was not present to take my call so i talked to someone else he was just streching time that the interviewer can come.It was almost 40 minutes timepass.After that a lead developer take the interview process in his hands.He asked me some basic questions about android,my career and qualifaction .Than he was browsing puzzles/riddles for me.Technical interview was not technical at all.And then i get email from recruiter that they do not have requirement according to my skills.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied for the position online and about five days later received a phone call to set up a phone interview for later that day. The gentleman called back with 3 other people in the room so it was a group panel phone interview. The interview lasted about an hour and consisted of each person asking questions about my resume and my project management experience. The questions were easy to answer and one interviewer even stated that there was no question that I have "this project management thing down". I asked questions about what a resource would need to know and do to succeed in the role and the main guy fumbled over his answer and basically just read the job description back to me. I asked if all candidates would be contacted whether they got the job or not and he told me yes, however I have not heard anything in weeks so I am guessing I won't be moving on to the next step in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that Motorola has created that you are impressed with?   Answer Question