Motorola Solutions Interview Questions in Schaumburg, IL | Glassdoor

2.8

46 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Entry Level - RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very streamlined. I first completed a phone interview with HR, then an hour phone interview with a hiring manager who covered high level technical questions. After being brought onsite, had an hour and a half technical interview. The interviewers mostly asked questions about previous class projects and experience and asked me to explain the circuit operation.

Interview Questions

• Walk through the circuit blocks in the system you designed (PLL)   Answer Question

Software Engineer On Consoles Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through my university's job board, I got an email from an engineer about a week later. A couple of weeks after that I had a phone interview with another software engineer. It seemed like it was mostly for them to describe what the role was about and they asked me some very basic programming questions like what are the differences between a linked list and an array. After that they asked if I was still interested and when I would be able to do an on-site interview. The on-site consisted of 2 technical interviews, a lunch break, and a management interview which was a mostly an HR style one. The technical interviews were pretty easy but they asked a lot about formal software development techniques that I wasn't really familiar with so I think that's what I did wrong.

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

It was like a screening interview to assess what I knew. They asked me about my background, my expectations from the company, my fitness/interest for the position, availability of work, my job duties and few other things.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Had a screening, technical phone interview, and onsite interview. The onsite interview for this position consisted of two technical rounds with general background questions first (going through resume) and then technical problems.

Interview Questions

• Difference between stack and heap memory, analysis of C code, etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Interview

Very relaxed interview in a stress free environment. The person interviewing me was very pleasant to talked to and made the my experience much better than anticipated. They asked me to tell them about myself and then proceeded with a few technical questions.

Staff Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Began with a phone screening by the hiring manager who set up a second over the phone interview with one of the engineers in the division they were hiring for. Finally there wasan onsitr interview that lasted from 9am to 2pm. The onsite interview had 2 panel interviews and a facility walk through.

Interview Questions

• What was the your favorite project that you worked on in school?   Answer Question

Solutions Architect - New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online, got an interview call 3 months later. After 2 rounds of interview - on hangouts and on-site, the managers were very positive. But 2 weeks later, I received an email from the HR saying they can't offer the job as they don't need anyone who needs sponsorship in the future to work in this country.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was good so far.The process took 4 weeks till now. I am Scheduled for in person next week for next week. I was asked for more of technical questions so far with few behavioral questions.Any suggestions or comments that could help are appreciated.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied for the position online and about five days later received a phone call to set up a phone interview for later that day. The gentleman called back with 3 other people in the room so it was a group panel phone interview. The interview lasted about an hour and consisted of each person asking questions about my resume and my project management experience. The questions were easy to answer and one interviewer even stated that there was no question that I have "this project management thing down". I asked questions about what a resource would need to know and do to succeed in the role and the main guy fumbled over his answer and basically just read the job description back to me. I asked if all candidates would be contacted whether they got the job or not and he told me yes, however I have not heard anything in weeks so I am guessing I won't be moving on to the next step in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that Motorola has created that you are impressed with?   Answer Question

Senior Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

Was called by the finance department head, it was very informal and done in 30 minutes. Nothing out of the ordinary, it was purely an evaluation of your background and skills.