Motorola Solutions Interview Questions in Schaumburg, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 18, 2017

2.8

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

It was like a screening interview to assess what I knew. They asked me about my background, my expectations from the company, my fitness/interest for the position, availability of work, my job duties and few other things.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Interview

Very relaxed interview in a stress free environment. The person interviewing me was very pleasant to talked to and made the my experience much better than anticipated. They asked me to tell them about myself and then proceeded with a few technical questions.

Staff Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Began with a phone screening by the hiring manager who set up a second over the phone interview with one of the engineers in the division they were hiring for. Finally there wasan onsitr interview that lasted from 9am to 2pm. The onsite interview had 2 panel interviews and a facility walk through.

Interview Questions

• What was the your favorite project that you worked on in school?   Answer Question

Solutions Architect - New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online, got an interview call 3 months later. After 2 rounds of interview - on hangouts and on-site, the managers were very positive. But 2 weeks later, I received an email from the HR saying they can't offer the job as they don't need anyone who needs sponsorship in the future to work in this country.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was good so far.The process took 4 weeks till now. I am Scheduled for in person next week for next week. I was asked for more of technical questions so far with few behavioral questions.Any suggestions or comments that could help are appreciated.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied for the position online and about five days later received a phone call to set up a phone interview for later that day. The gentleman called back with 3 other people in the room so it was a group panel phone interview. The interview lasted about an hour and consisted of each person asking questions about my resume and my project management experience. The questions were easy to answer and one interviewer even stated that there was no question that I have "this project management thing down". I asked questions about what a resource would need to know and do to succeed in the role and the main guy fumbled over his answer and basically just read the job description back to me. I asked if all candidates would be contacted whether they got the job or not and he told me yes, however I have not heard anything in weeks so I am guessing I won't be moving on to the next step in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that Motorola has created that you are impressed with?   Answer Question

Senior Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

Was called by the finance department head, it was very informal and done in 30 minutes. Nothing out of the ordinary, it was purely an evaluation of your background and skills.

Global Process Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

I submitted a resume for the position online. An internally recruiter contacted me a few days later for an in person interview in Schaumburg, IL. The recruiter mistakenly thought that someone had pre-screened me which no one did. I requested a phone screen instead of going directly in for an in person to ensure it was the right position. Had the phone screen with the hiring manager. All seemed ok. Contacted by the same internal recruiter for the in person. Internal recruiter setup the face to face with hiring manager and a few peers. I arrived for my interview and recruiter gave me the wrong door number. Left message for recruiter who did not call back minutes before the interview. Met with hiring manager who was very professional. Seemed like a genuinely good person who went through the Motorola Solution organization setup. After meeting with him I met with 2 of his peers which went ok. More of conversation as opposed to Q & A. Met back with the hiring manager for another 30min. Left the interview and was told they would look to make a decision within the week. I contacted the recruiter that Friday just to see if they were still looking to make a decision same week. Again the internal recruiter could not contact me back which was very unprofessional of the recruiter. It is 2 weeks since the interview and the recruiter could not even as a professional close me out if I was not chosen as a candidate. Motorola Internal Recruiting needs to be trained on how to handle potential candidates are presented offer and if not how to professionally close them out.

Interview Questions

• What experience do I have developing processes?   1 Answer

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

Standard questions on industry trends, competitive landscape, scenario based questions, past experience in various companies, academic qualifications, behavioral questions, why I am interested in this position, why did I do an MBA?

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

I casually talked to a woman on the phone for about 20 minutes in which she explained the position I was applying for and asked a few basic, logistical questions. A few days later I received word that I was accepted to interview. I then had a phone interview in which a casual conversation took place before I was asked specific questions. We discussed what Motorola does and what interested me about the company. I was asked about certain things I had learned in my accounting classes at school and what type of career I was interested in.

Interview Questions

• What are three of your strengths?   Answer Question
    • What are three of your weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Please explain a time you were working in a team and one member was not puling their weight. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question