Motorola Solutions Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Motorola Solutions Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 5, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Interview

Very relaxed interview in a stress free environment. The person interviewing me was very pleasant to talked to and made the my experience much better than anticipated. They asked me to tell them about myself and then proceeded with a few technical questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Motorola Solutions

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions in November 2015.

Interview

Technical lead gave me an interview with zero technical questions which I thought was weird. He talked about what his team was working on and asked me about my resume and experience, and what I was interested in working on. It seemed a good fit. He told me he would let me know an answer that week (within 4 days). Then he went off the grid for over 3 weeks, even after I followed up after 1 week (3 days after he told me he'd let me know an answer). Then randomly I'm contacted saying they've closed their search for summer interns. Seemed very unorganized and the vetting process seemed weak. Would not recommend.

Interview Questions

• What kinds of technologies are you interesting in working on?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Champaign, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Got an onsite interview during the career fair, interviewed with one member, half hour with behavioral problem, easy to answer, half hour about technical questions. Very straight forward. The one who interviewed me is very nice. I was struggle a bit with one of the tech question, but he gives very helpful hint.

Interview Questions

• How to detect if it is a big-indian or little indian   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions.

Interview

Phone screening followed by one on site interview of about 3 to 4 hours. Interviewed by about 5 different people about object oriented programming. Given overview of the project that I would be working on.

Interview Questions

• Tested on C# knowledge. Experience working in a team.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Plantation, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Submitted my application online and got a email request to speak with me over the phone. We weren't able to rearrange the time because of tight schedules, but finally had the phone interview (the interviewer was maybe 1 hour late in calling me). Thought it went decently, but I haven't heard back from them since, and the interviewer doesn't respond to emails. Overall, good experience in seeing what kind of technical questions they would ask but horrible interviewer/interviewee communication on the part of the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• 1. Stack vs. Queue
      2. How do you count the elements of the list without using a for-loop
      1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions in January 2015.

Interview

I had an informal interview out of campus. I have a very bad impression of this company when the manager told me that he doesn't understand what is work life balance. "Work is life: life is about work", that's what he said. Oh my Gosh! It's scary to know that there are still managers like that in 2015

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online and talked to a recruiter over the phone. After two phone interviews and one onsite interview I received an offer. The overall process was fairly short and hassle free. The recruiter was very friendly and not overbearing.

Interview Questions

• What is the toughest coding experience that you have faced?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions.

Interview

one telephonic interview for 45 mins discusses simple oops concepts. THen an onsite interview call. had 3 back to back interviews, 2 technical and one with the hiring manager.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions.

Interview

4 rounds, about one hour each. They where mostly technical with object oriented programming general questions and a few specific questions, but each round asked similar questions. It was required to write some pseudocode to solve problems

Interview Questions

• They asked to choose a language between a few options and write the code to solve a written problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

Started with a phone interview which only consisted of me talking about my resume and projects. There was no coding questions.

The onsite interview consisted of speaking with 3 engineers and 1 hiring manager. Everybody was very friendly. Spent a lot of time with each engineer talking about my projects. There was some basic coding questions, object-oriented questions, multi-threading questions, etc. One of the engineers really liked me and I got an offer in less than 24 hours.

Interview Questions

Got a better offer elsewhere.