Motorola Solutions Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

50 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer() Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

I received a random call (no email or anything) from them about 2 weeks after I applied. It was a manager and he asked me to walk through my resume. I explained the stuff for him, and then the next day an HR person called and gave me an offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Motorola Solutions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Plantation, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

The process took 4+ months. I had initial phone screen from the recruiter after which I didn't hear back for almost 2 months. I was then called and asked if I was available for Technical Phone interview with the hiring manager after 2 months. The interview went well which was then followed by other technical screening exactly after 1 day. After that I was asked to follow up but they never responded to any of my calls/messages. None of the recruiters care about your emails too.

Interview Questions

• Jenkins, Node/Slave configuration,Linux/Unix, Testing question, Git commands   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview and the first round was blended of behavioral and technical. After the phone interview, they called me onsite in which they took technical interview for an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (North Chicago, IL).

Interview

Got a call for a phone interview which was very casual, mostly asked questions about classes I've taken, languages I worked with etc. Then got a call for an on-site, which consisted of interviews with 4 different people on the team, followed by a short concluding one with the team lead. Overall not bad, they asked questions about projects I've worked on, my experience with other technologies, and some technical questions about data structures/object-oriented programming. Didn't hear back for 2 weeks so I contacted the recruiter, turns out I was rejected.

Interview Questions

• What is the run-time for accessing a hash table entry?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between an abstract class and an interface in Java?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Interview

Very relaxed interview in a stress free environment. The person interviewing me was very pleasant to talked to and made the my experience much better than anticipated. They asked me to tell them about myself and then proceeded with a few technical questions.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions in November 2015.

Interview

Technical lead gave me an interview with zero technical questions which I thought was weird. He talked about what his team was working on and asked me about my resume and experience, and what I was interested in working on. It seemed a good fit. He told me he would let me know an answer that week (within 4 days). Then he went off the grid for over 3 weeks, even after I followed up after 1 week (3 days after he told me he'd let me know an answer). Then randomly I'm contacted saying they've closed their search for summer interns. Seemed very unorganized and the vetting process seemed weak. Would not recommend.

Interview Questions

• What kinds of technologies are you interesting in working on?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Champaign, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Got an onsite interview during the career fair, interviewed with one member, half hour with behavioral problem, easy to answer, half hour about technical questions. Very straight forward. The one who interviewed me is very nice. I was struggle a bit with one of the tech question, but he gives very helpful hint.

Interview Questions

• How to detect if it is a big-indian or little indian   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions.

Interview

Phone screening followed by one on site interview of about 3 to 4 hours. Interviewed by about 5 different people about object oriented programming. Given overview of the project that I would be working on.

Interview Questions

• Tested on C# knowledge. Experience working in a team.   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Plantation, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Submitted my application online and got a email request to speak with me over the phone. We weren't able to rearrange the time because of tight schedules, but finally had the phone interview (the interviewer was maybe 1 hour late in calling me). Thought it went decently, but I haven't heard back from them since, and the interviewer doesn't respond to emails. Overall, good experience in seeing what kind of technical questions they would ask but horrible interviewer/interviewee communication on the part of the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• 1. Stack vs. Queue
      2. How do you count the elements of the list without using a for-loop   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions in January 2015.

Interview

I had an informal interview out of campus. I have a very bad impression of this company when the manager told me that he doesn't understand what is work life balance. "Work is life: life is about work", that's what he said. Oh my Gosh! It's scary to know that there are still managers like that in 2015