Motorola Solutions Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Motorola Solutions Systems Engineer Interview Questions

2.6

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Process was very organized and quick. Talk about what they are currently doing and try to explain how you would be a good fit. The interview process is very laid back. 1st interview was a behavioral interview, the second interview will be at one of the three locations ( a little more behavioral not really techy, but still know your stuff just in case)

If you are a college student do not freak out, they are aware that you are graduating college and do not know everything. Just be sure to show how willing you are to learn more about the company and will do a good job.

Interview Questions

• 1)questions about yourself
    2)why you want to work for this company
    3)will walk you through your resume   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Motorola Solutions

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Madison, WI) in September 2016.

Interview

This was an on-campus interview. They gave me a detailed explanation of what each of the three positions they were hiring for did, then proceeded to interview me. They asked pretty typical questions, then allowed me to ask questions. Both interviewers were very nice.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have that make you an ideal candidate for this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Campus interview where they asked behavioral questions, basic pre-screening. Called into the Chicago office where I interviewed with 3 different managers where they asked basic questions about my interests and my technical background. Didn't go too in depth with technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you worked on that you were really proud of.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

It was all behavioral. For the first 15 minutes he explained me the role and availability. Next 15 minutes he asked me to tell me about myself, strengths and weaknesses, what kind of people do you problem with? Do you have any idea of this industry? Then said that their office is very close to college

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, any idea of this industry, all behavioral question   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

First applied in december, got back to me within a month, got interviewed in 2 weeks after contact, got position after one week. Basic behavioral questions, one technical question but not related to my position.

Systems Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions.

Interview

Interview process was very casual at first and the included a formal interview process afterwards. There were also introductions to the engineering team, which probably was testing how much of a match a candidate was. With this position, they tested more for analytical skills, communication/personality skills, and if your interest was in RF at all. Also, make sure that you know that Motorola Solutions does not make phones anymore!! That is Motorola Mobility and it will help that they won't have to explain that.

Interview Questions

• How have you resolved conflicts with members on a project? What is the biggest technical problem you have faced?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions.

Interview

I applied for the position online and it led to the hiring manager writing me an email asking when we could talk. He called and we had a very casual phone interview where he asked about my resume and some experience. A week or two later I was emailed about going up and doing an in person interview. They flew me out, paid for everything and the interview was extremely laid back. Questions weren't technical at all, more personal which was surprising. A week after the in person interview I was contacted one last time where it was implied I had gotten the position. Sent offer over and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• What problem that you solved while working made you proudest?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, take it or leave it offer.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Boston, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview process was a one time affair with a job offer at the end. I met with my future supervisor, as well as a parallel supervisor, and a future team member. The questions were not so much technical as they were focused on getting to know you as a person.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest problem you've had to face and overcome?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

Number of interview was just 1. I was interviewed for the intern position. Didn't ask any of the technical questions. Focus was on the communications skills and the personality. Met with all the team members and their input matters.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

presentation, then technical questions