Motorola Solutions Interview Questions in Westminster, CO | Glassdoor

2.8

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Pre-Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Westminster, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

It's a multi step process - first you get vetted by a third party HR rep who verifies your resume and background and recommends you or turns you down for further process. Next you meet with a team of peers and a manager.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Westminster, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume online in mid April. A recruiter contacted me a week later to conduct an initial phone screen and set up follow on interviews. My first phone interview with a Sr. Project Manager was a week later. The interview lasted a little over an hour. It was very comfortable. We discussed my background, why I was looking to leave my current position, etc..., overall a very positive experience with an exchange of information. A week later I had another phone interview with a different Sr. PM. Same type of format. Also very comfortable. Very little technical in either interview. These seemed to be more about interpersonal interaction and my ability to hold a conversation. A few days later I was invited for a series of face to face interviews. Motorola took care of all travel arrangements. I flew in the day before and interviewed with 5 different PMs and developers over 6 hours. Emphasis was about the same but with more focus on planning, project management, and managing risk.

Interview Questions

• What is a project manager's main role?   1 Answer

Systems Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Westminster, CO).

Interview

Applied for the position online and received a phone call from HR to conduct a phone interview within a month of applying. Phone interview consisted of talking with the hiring manager and reviewing my past work history, interests and knowledge from a high level. On-site interview was with two hiring managers: one for the position that I applied for, and one for a position that has similar qualifications. The questions here were pretty straightforward and was primarily a deeper conversation about my past work history in the relevant areas. The interview was pleasant, but one of the hiring managers was an extraordinarily strong personality - almost arrogant - and was certainly a turn-off for me. Additionally, they had not paid attention to my salary requirements in the application, which were 20-30% above what they were offering, and they seemed appalled when I answered their question regarding salary with the same number that I had placed into my application. Overall, it was a waste of my time because of this, and the interview was pretty much over after that question.

Interview Questions

• I didn't encounter any difficult or unexpected questions, but it wasn't clear that I was overqualified for this position until I sat for the interview.   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Westminster, CO) in February 2013.

Interview

The interview was fairly standard. It involved the department manager and a senior technical writer. They asked me questions about my background, education, work experience, technical skills, and of course writing skills. They wanted to make sure that I would be a good fit for the position.