Mott MacDonald Civil Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mott MacDonald Civil Engineer Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

Submitted general profile for water and wastewater opportunities. Contacted by recruitment manager in head office several weeks later when a position came up for short phone interview. Later set up face to face interview with my eventual manager which included technical questions and what I know about MM. Reasonably relaxed but still professional.

Interview Questions

• What do you already know about Mott MacDonald?   Answer Question
  • Say you had a reservoir at the top of a hill fed by a river extraction pump. What type of things would you be running about in the engineering design of such a system?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Consider negotiating higher salary. Despite 3 years previous experience I was offered closer to a graduate entry salary. Typically seems MM offers slightly below industry average on the basis that they are a great place to work.

Other Interview Reviews for Mott MacDonald

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald (Kolkata (India)) in March 2012.

Interview

I am interested to join Mott Macdonald Pv. Ltd. Through Consultancy

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in April 2009.

Interview

Was called via an agency working for Motts about post there - attended for interview within two weeks. Standard interview - met Director of Cardiff office - good interview - company seemed professional and friendly. Took 3 to 4 months to get job offer after giving 3 references for position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

having started the job at Cardiff , I was interrogated by my boss about my personal life, friends, relationships etc. I was spoken to like dirt as my boss was not involved in the recruitment process at all and made sure I was aware of this. I was made to feel that I was not welcome in the office by my boss and was bullied and excluded from staff get togethers. I resigned eventually after further bullying and harassement by my boss at Cardiff office.