Mott MacDonald Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 19, 2017

2.8

84 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald (London, England (UK)).

Interview

An extended telephone conversation. Competency based and technical knowledge. Explanation of how the company worked and if it is something I thought I would fit in. Preferences of future work and any relevant personal experience as a team worker. Past internships. Why move into specific sector of profession and not others.

Industrial Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

I first submitted CV and Cover Letter to website for general 'summer placement' opportunities. Was then invited to interview at Glasgow office for specific role. It was conducted by department Manager and current graduate engineer who had completed the same placement two years previous. Was very relaxed interview and I felt they were assessing the personality of the candidate rather than specific skills/experience.

Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald.

Interview

Informal with two managers from the company. About 1 hour long. Although there were competency questions, the interviewers were more interested in getting to know me as a person. A lot of the company was discussed: what projects they have worked on as well as areas of speciality.

Graduate Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport, Newport, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald (Newport, Newport, Wales (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was nice. No many technical questions. The whole process was like a discussion with friends. But I have not received the results of the interview after two months of the interview. I have emailed them several times after interview, and getting no responses.Maybe, some other candidates are much interesting than me, and the HR just not bothered to contact me again. T_T

Interview Questions

• Why choosing the role and company?
      Career anticipations
      skills to communicate and work under pressures   Answer Question

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald (Manchester, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Very straight forward and smooth, asked general questions about career. What difficulties I faced, how I overcame thing, what should I do different.
    It's the standard reflection aspect.
    Be cool and calm, speak loud and clear.

Software Asset Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Croydon, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald (Croydon, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed at their offices in Croydon, one interviewer on video conference and the other in the room. Both very easy to speak to and build a rapport which made the interview slightly more enjoyable than some I have experienced, better for the company and the candidate.
    Unfortunately I was then left waiting for over two weeks before I knew the outcome of the interview.

Graduate Telecom Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Croydon, England (UK)

Application

I interviewed at Mott MacDonald (Croydon, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

There was numerical,analytical,verbal online test after submitting the application. I was invited for the interview after a month. The interview was very easy and interviewers were really friendly. I had to do a presentation on the assessment day(the topic will be given to you beforehand so you will be having enough time to prepare). I would recommend to prepare for the presentation well because I think the easiest part to score will be that and they will also ask questions from the presentation. The interview questions weren't difficult. Just go through the company website and have an idea about the projects they do. There was an online test again on the assessment day, but don't worry even if you score less in that. Concentrate more on your interview and presentation because their decision will be based on that.

Interview Questions

• 1) What does a consultancy firm do?
      2) Where will you see yourself in 5 years after joining the company?
      3) What type of control signals are used in railways?
      4)What safety measures should be done to avoid platform accidents?   Answer Question

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Croydon, England (UK)

Application

Interview

I was referred from another interview I gave with Mott MacDonald to their Croydon office. This interview was conducted over the telephone and didn't require me to travel like the first one did, as I already attended their assessment day in Cambridge.

The interview was mostly competency based and also asked about my experience in the design of ports.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with our Ports and Coastal team?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald.

Interview

Their interview process was quite tacit: no situational judgement tests or anything. Provided free lunch, too. Their warm and welcoming atmosphere gave me a sense of belonging, right from the very start. They also had a fellow trainee (already hired) show me what it was like to work for Mott MacDonald, and there were some good and some not so good points that he pointed out to me.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Interview

Simple interview. Face to face for one hour. Great and simple one! Online applicatio. Online tests and then an interview to their offices in london. Great atmosphere and they make you feel great! I admire the company and that was the reason i applied for the specific job.