Mount Sinai Health System Assistant Professor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

I got a phone call by medical director to set up in person interview immediately after seeing my application for the job position on Monster.com where he placed an ad; In the in person interview- I reviewed my CV with the medical director; Medical director explained the role of the physician position and explains what the department does

Interview Questions

• What salary are you looking for?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Mount Sinai Health System

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System (New York, NY) in June 2009.

Interview

I was referred by one of my colleagues to the chairman of the department. The chairman was very straight and arranged the interview in timely fashion. Went there one day before and stayed in a hotel in upper east side of Manhattan. The interview went on for one day and consists of a presentation and a lot of 1-to-1 conversations. Most of the interviewees are very nice and did not ask any harsh questions. Had dinner with the chairman along with my wife and it was in a very nice restaurant. Generally speaking, it was a very nice trip. I was a bit nervous but still got the offer in the end.

Interview Questions

• This paper represents what you are going to do if you come here, what are your comments?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The chairman was straightforward and provides a list of base salary, benefits, working environments, etc. I was overall quite happy with the things they can provide but asked for an increase in base salary because NYC has very high living costs. The chairman added $10,000 to the base right away and I was very satisfied.
    I also asked for some starting research funds but the chairman wasn't very sure whether he can provide this given my position. But he generously provided it in the end and I felt complimented.