Mount Sinai Health System Clinical Research Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mount Sinai Health System Clinical Research Coordinator Interview Questions

Interviews at Mount Sinai Health System

2.8

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and two weeks later, I was contacted by a research coordinator through email asking me to come in for an interview. The interview (Wednesday) lasted maybe an hour or almost an hour and I was just asked thorough questions about my experiences, why I wanted to work for them in that specific research area, and given an "activity," although she stressed that it wasn't a test. She mentioned that normally, I'd have to come back in to meet a doctor in the research program, but there was one who was already free at the time, so I met him on the same day. Then, she said she'd email me in about a week to let me know if I'd advanced to the next stage.

I ended up getting an email from her the next day (Thursday) asking when would be a good time to meet the director. Then, I met the director the next day (Friday), and on Monday, I was notified that I'd gotten the job and that HR would be in contact with me regarding details.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Mount Sinai Health System

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Firstly, Icahn is a MAZE. I could not find any receptionists to guide me to the correct area.

The interview process was set up backwards. I met with the department administrator before I met with Mount Sinai HR. I was told my interview would be approx. two hours long because I would be meeting with other department staff members. When I arrived, I found out that all the staff members were busy that day so my interview was just a screening (approx. thirty minutes). I was FURIOUS because I commuted over an hour just for a screening interview which could have been done on the phone.

During my interview, I was asked TWO questions then given an "activity". Once the activity was completed, I was told I would hear back from the interviewer within a few days. I did not get the chance to highlight my qualifications. The interviewer did not even explain basic job description such as job hours, salary, benefits, "typical day" etc.

I was very excited to hear about this opening in this department but the interviewer's lack of training made this experience unpleasant. I felt that the interviewer did not give me an efficient interview despite meeting all required qualifications. My interviewer clearly was not trained to interview prospective staff. I should have listened to the reviews on Mount Sinai before I wasted my time and money.

Also, Mount Sinai hiring administrators please review your requirements before posting a job description online. The job description stated one qualification that was required and my interviewer insisted that qualification was preferred not required. It is misleading!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by the Associate Director via email. Director saw my email on Indeed.com and she emailed me to set up a phone interview, please note I didn't apply to the position at the time only after an in person interview was conducted and I was given the job number. The phone interview was a screening process and went over my recent job experience, it lasted about 15 minutes and I was contacted to set up a in person interview. One week later from my phone interview, I went for my in person interview. I met with the Associate Director, 2 coordinators, a research nurse and 2 PI. The weather was extremely bad on the day of my interview, and I was late however I did email the administrative assistant to let him know my problem. The various interview lasted 30 mins each and I spent about 2 hours at Mt. Sinai. I was told to contact the associate director within 1 week for an update. The interviews were fairly simple; there weren't any hard questions. I felt good about my interviews, but I was very upset I was late for my first interview and sincerely apologized. Later the evening, I applied to the position and I wrote my thank you letter to send to everyone.

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System in August 2013.

Interview

Be ready to breakdown each role, position and task you have done in the past. Make sure your communication and writing skills are fully developed. Also be ready to show your science background with processing information about current clinical studies.

Interview Questions

• What is your contribution to the medical field on a personal note?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

In Person interview w/ research manager.
    Asked about my previous experience. Didn't really ask too much about myself.
    Told me more about their research instead.
    Then had a follow up interview w/ PI. PI asked about stuff on my resume. Then had me talk to a follow coordinator. But coordinator didn't really know what to talk about either.

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System in April 2012.

Interview

The interview was pretty standard as was the process. HR is very very slow to actually get you hired. Everyone must go through an ALL DAY admissions type seminar which is boring as hell and fairly common sense.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

I interviewed through a recruiting consortium. A recruiter came to a recruiting event, where students had scheduled interviews. This interview was about 25 minutes long and essentially reviewed the position and my skills.

Interview Questions

• asked questions about preferred salary, future interests/career goals, preferred start date. etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System (New York, NY) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. It was very unprofessional. I had a phone interview set up for a specific day/time and then the recruiter emailed me out of nowhere asking me to I can interview within an hour! It ended up being a very casual interview (preferred salary, GPA, etc.). However, she told me I would be contacted within 3-5 days if I would be moving to the next round or not. NEVER HEARD BACK. EVER. I sent a thank you email, follow up email, and she never called/or emailed me to let me know anything. SO UNPROFESSIONAL.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your clinical research experience   1 Answer

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System in June 2018.

Interview

Applied online and got an invitation to interview about 2-4 weeks later. Two rounds of interviews. Fairly standard. Everyone was very polite and engaging. Talked a lot about the current research taking place.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System (New York, NY) in December 2018.

Interview

Takes a couple of interviews, talent acquisition will contact you over the phone and then if you are qualified you will be contacted by the hiring manager to see if you are a good fit for the position.