Mount Sinai Health System Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mount Sinai Health System Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Mount Sinai Health System

2.7

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System (New York, NY) in August 2018.

Interview

It was a very long and through process. I had 5 rounds of interviewing: (1)HR, (2)Dept Manager, (3) 2 Docs and 1 ops (4) head of dept (5) I met with 5 sept staff over an entire day. A week later I was offered the position. The whole process was 3 months July-October— from applying to start date. The onbording process is long. They will verify all employers.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Mount Sinai Health System

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System (New York, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

Simple, Consisted of one interview with a panel. I did not have much difficulty during the interview, but i was not told what the whole job consisted of. I was very young at the time.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied late September, interviewed late October, got an offer early November for a start date early December. Two people interviewed me at once; the Director and Assistant Director of the Department. The onboarding process in rigid and long. Do not resign from your job until you get the actual clearance from Mt. Sinai. You may regret it. The background check and employment verification is veryyyyyyyy thorough. So don't bother faking it. Whatever # you put down on the application will not be used, the vendor will google the HR company of your previous and/ or current employer. The Physical is hectic and long!

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to transition to working in a hospital environment   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System.

Interview

Corporate human resources welcomes applicants to stop by on tuesdays to view current job postings and submit resumes every tuesday. If you are a health professional it is helpful if you have an internal referral from a current employee. If you are looking for an administrative/business/finance position it is highly reccomended that you are referred by a current employee, as open positions are typically not posted. Recruitment for entry level corporate or administrative positions is primarily done through college and graduate school alumni career relationships. The interview process for corporate positions may involve interview questions and or tests on the applicants technical abilities involving MS excel or outlook, as proficiency with these applications is a must. The interview process may involve several on sight interviews. If you are brought in to interview, it is because your skill set on your resume is a match for the position that is being filled and you have been narrowed down as a prime prospect. The interview is key to recieving an offer. While you have to verbally demonstrate your knowledge and competancy technicaly, your interpersonal skills are primarily being looked at during the interview. During the interview most applicants that have been called will on paper have the same level of technical skills, it is important to convey how you have applied these skills and in what capacity. This holds about 30-40 percent weight on if you recieve an offer. Your personality is the major factor in recieving an offer about 60-70 percent, as team dynamics are key.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question is to rate yourself on some competancy or skill that you have highlighted on your resume. It is. Way for the interviewer to determine how accurately you have portrayed yourself on your resume.   1 Answer

Negotiation

You can negotiate to a certain extent. But the offers usually fall at the midpoint of the salary range unless you ace the interview. A job offer should be wihin a week of the interview. The earlier the offer the more interested they are. Use this as a guide in your salary request (ie. if you get an offer before a week is up bump up your reuest if an offer is made two weeks later aim for the mid point.