Mount Sinai Health System Registered Nurse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mount Sinai Health System Registered Nurse Interview Questions

Interviews at Mount Sinai Health System

2.9

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System.

Interview

Very simple. I received an email for an in person interview that week. Met with the director of nursing. She asked simple question about my experience, why OR, why Mount Sinai.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Mount Sinai Health System

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System (New York, NY) in May 2019.

Interview

I met with the director of perioperative. She asked me about my background and my experience., asked me if I had any questions about the facility, what I wanted to know about the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Mount Sinai

Why did you apply for this position

What experience do you have   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

It was simple and straight to the point. Easy to answer questions. Why did you become a nurse? What do you know about the hospital? What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? How do you handle conflicts?

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was simple.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System (New York, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

Everything took about 1 month. It was a smooth process. I interviewed with Human Resources, then I had an interview with the manager of the unit. Both interviews were one on one. A week later I received a call for an offer . I accepted. Had to complete a physical and drug screen. They also conducted a background check by a third party to verified all references and work experiences.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System.

Interview

It's hard to get an interview, but once you get an interview you are treated well. It helps if you know someone in the institution to get an interview. The nurse manager was very nice and accommodating. In the end someone else got an internal transfer for the position. It is hard to get into sinai.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was fast. I met with nurse manager and nursing coordinator. I was asked only one situational question. After meeting with them I was informally interviewed by members of the nursing staff. The staff overall was welcoming. I was asked questions that analyzed my punctuality, work ethic, and team work. Currently waiting to hear back from the nurse manager.

Interview Questions

• Which patient would you see first and why?... a patient experiencing chest, another with a pain scale of 10 or a third who colostomy bag has leaked open.   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

Meeting with HR, nurse manager, and nursing staff. There was a tour of the unit, meeting with onsite physicians and providers. Interview took place one on one with manager, as well as group interviews with staff nurses where I was able to pose questions to the staff.

Interview Questions

• Why did you become a nurse? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? what was a challenge and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System in February 2016.

Interview

The interview with the clinical nurse manager and clinical nurse coordinator was more of a conversation. They were very nice, and answered all of my questions regarding the unit. They want to know what you can bring to their hospital, and why you make a great candidate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

The recruiter was very nice and professional. I had a negative experience with the hiring manager. She had a condescending tone, would not make eye contact and acted as if my questions were asinine (ex: I asked about the nursing culture of the unit). Needless to say, I decided it wasn't for me the second the interview ended.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a difficult patient/family member and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

HR called a few weeks after I applied online. Scheduled interview for the week after. Interview with nurse manager, staff nurse, and HR was in the room. Interview started off tough, but they softened up towards the end. Nurse manager turned out to be really nice. Gave me a tour of the unit and told me they'd call next week with update. HR called and extended offer. Beware, HR is terrible at Mount Sinai. You have to prod and prod to get any information about benefits.