Mount Sinai Health System Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Mount Sinai Health System

2.6

Assistant Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System (New York, NY) in March 2009.

Interview

some behavioral questions, asked to see my previous work

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you struggled learning a new skill and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Mount Sinai Health System

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Phone Interview - questions pertaining to my current and past research experiences. Was asked typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very fair. I asked for help with an apartment in the City. They placed me in one of the subsidized buildings for a much lower cost than typically offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System (New York, NY) in December 2009.

Interview

I felt they called me for an interview without even taking a look at my resume. The work they do in ther lab is completely different than what I am experienced in. That should not be an issue but They wanted someone ready to go who is experienced in the area of the work they are doing. I just didnt understand if there is a miss match between their requirements and my profile why I was called for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with mice? hDo you have experience in Tissue engineering?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

an email was sent out looking for applicants who woild be able to work on a project over the summer with possibility of extension into the fall. the interview location was the office of the research coordinator. it was rather formal. i was told that there are quite a few interviews lined up through the week.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System.

Interview

I applied by emailing the PI. Interviewed with the PI and senior scientists in the group. The process is casual and basic questions. Very pleasant experience.
    But Sinai does not sponsor H1b on this position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by the PI via email within five days. After initial contact, we set up an interview for later in the week. The interview was casual. She asked me about my prior research experiences, my undergraduate thesis, and spoke about the aims of her research. I met with the PI for thirty minutes and then met with the postdoc for thirty minutes. The postdoc asked further about my technical abilities and summed up the research of the other postdocs in the lab. Afterward, I was given a tour of the lab and animal facilities.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in translational research?   Answer Question
    • How did you test your hypothesis in your prior research position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I did not have an interview I just spoke over the phone with the person and after my email which included my resume he decided to take me on to research over the summer. This was a very relaxed process and my resume probably got me the job.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

You go through HR and then meet the PI for the interview. The whole process is typical. HR gives you like a personality interview and the PI is more objective. Really depends on what PI interviews you.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System (New York, NY) in June 2018.

Interview

Phone interview screening followed by in person interview three days later. Interviews with the same person in human resources. Phone interview asked mostly about details of resume, in person interview included a lot of "what would you do" ethical scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Describe your role with these previous positions on your resume.   Answer Question
    • Three strengths   Answer Question
    • Case scenarios: What would you do if a patient was refusing to fill out a necessary study survey? What would you do if a doctor asked you to alter data so a patient would qualify for a study?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System (New York, NY) in March 2019.

Interview

Easy and straightforward. I go to school nearby so they asked me to come in for an interview with one PI that lasted for about an hour, and the week after I had a Skype interview second round with the other PI.

Interview Questions

• What would be your approach for recruiting a patient for a clinical study?   Answer Question