Mount Sinai Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mount Sinai Hospital Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.4

Account Payable Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital.

Interview

Phone screening, followed by in person interview. I met 4 people - about 30 mins with each person.
    As I was a new graduate, most of questions are about how I work with people under pressures and how to deal with difficult people to get the result. How to deal with ambiguities.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain end-to-end process of accounts payable?
      How to deal with difficult co-workers?
      Can you work overtime or weekend if necessary?
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital.

Interview

It was nice and polite conversation. The hiring manager was really nice, she explained a lot about the hospital and the policies. Nothing very specific in terms of the interview. How do you see yourself in the future? Questions from my resume: what did you do there and there? The interview was not really long.

Housekeeping Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was a very intensive interview but I was truthful and correct eye to eye contact and know what question to ask and the interviewers was straight to the point and it was what wanted so strive and strive and got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for there company?   1 Answer

Unit Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

I've been interviewed by a HR and then a stuff nurse. They both made me feel comfortable, it was a pleasant experience overall. It wasn't strict, more like a friendly conversation where they would throw in questions they wanted to ask.

Unit Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

I was asked to come back for a second interview, and then meet with a few of the nurses, and other unit secretaries. Everyone was very friendly, mostly the nurses. so overall it was not a difficult interview. I did not have to wait long for the training, which occurred fairly quickly.

HIE Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Initial Phone Interview with Manager of the HIE Interoperability team . This was followed by a face to face with Director of IT Operations which involved discussions of my past experiences and what I wanted to achieve in the future.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about engaging in a new line of work   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital (New York, NY).

Interview

The hiring process was a bit confusing. They require a lot of paperwork, not just proof that you are a U.S. citizen, but also what schooling you went to, copies of paystubs, etc. Despite furnishing all this, don't be surprised to get a hostile response when you dare to ask what all this information will be going, and who or what will be handling it. It's OK for them to ask the world, but don't you dare question it.

Interview Questions

• They are not clever. Their questions run the usual "why did you leave". Be careful on exposing yourself regarding your birthdate. Although technically they are not supposed to ask that, they can find out easily by asking your highs school graduation date or asking for your H.S. transcript, which they do. All this to be a secretary, is a waste of your time and talent. They do not test for your typing or skill, which is odd.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negottiable. They offered a set salary and you can decide to thank them and "think about it". Salary is extremely LOW. For secys, it's $35-38K. Be prepared to take a urine test.

Planning Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straightforward and was conducted in a timely manner. First on-site interview took place approximately one week after application submission. The interviewer was very engaging and helped to make the interview a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to be part of an organization such as ours (safety net hospital) as opposed to a larger organization with greater resources on hand?   Answer Question

Nutrition Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Very simple interview, in which the director mostly wanted to know about you and why you were a good fit for the position, after telling you about the position in detail. The interview was simple, however, it did take a little over a month to receive background checks, drug screen, tither tests, PPD, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this particular aspect of nutrition?   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital (Chicago, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

Questions about decontamination, sterilization, and prep and package. Also talked about maintaining steam and sterrad records. I was also asked what computer programs had I worked with in the past. I was asked had I ever Been in a leadership position before and where. Finally, what would be the first thing I would do if I was to receive and offer for the supervisor position.

Interview Questions

• How long was I a processing tech.   1 Answer