Mount Sinai Hospital (New York) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mount Sinai Hospital (New York) Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital (New York).

Interview

I was taken to four different people involved with different aspects of the research including the pI, a physician, and the senior coordinator. It took approximately two hours. I asked a lot of questions and learned more about the position to better gauge my interest. I answered every question honestly. This includes answers that they may not have necessarily wanted to hear (but not completely disqualifying). I think it was very clear to them that I gave my honest answers.

Talent Sourcing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital (New York).

Interview

It was a quick interview process. I was contacted to come in and interview based on my educational and professional background and I had three separate interviews, one being a group interview. The whole process took about three weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you used data to solve an organizational problem.   Answer Question

Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital (New York) (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied to the job online, it took them 4 months to call me for a phone interview. The interview was pretty relaxed and quick and I thought went pretty well, I was promised that i will either get an update email or phone call which never happened. I have sent a follow up email to the HR representer i spoke to but never heard back from them.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital (New York) (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

The recruiter was very nice and professional. I had a negative experience with the hiring manager. She had a condescending tone, would not make eye contact and acted as if my questions were asinine (ex: I asked about the nursing culture of the unit). Needless to say, I decided it wasn't for me the second the interview ended.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a difficult patient/family member and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital (New York) (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I still think Mount Sinai is a great hospital, but their HR screening process needs to be more coherent. I applied to 2 jobs through their portal and an HR rep contacted me about a 3rd position I didn't apply for. I expressed my interested in Mount Sinai, but wasn't sure if the job she described was for me. She told me that she was going to schedule a call with her colleague who could go over more positions in their system that might fit me. She also give me a description for a 4th and 5th position to look at. When her colleague called me, I was asked about position #3, which added to my confusion since I was told the call would be to go over other positions. She ended the call abruptly saying I sounded hesitant about the position, which is true since I didn't apply for it and already expressed that I probably was not interested in position #3. I took the call because I was told it was to go over other positions. I emailed afterwards telling them thank you for their time and asking if there was a misunderstanding. Never heard back. Since HR is the first contact prospective employees have with a company, I suggest that they improve their communication and to not give people a negative impression of the hospital.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital (New York) (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

HR called a few weeks after I applied online. Scheduled interview for the week after. Interview with nurse manager, staff nurse, and HR was in the room. Interview started off tough, but they softened up towards the end. Nurse manager turned out to be really nice. Gave me a tour of the unit and told me they'd call next week with update. HR called and extended offer. Beware, HR is terrible at Mount Sinai. You have to prod and prod to get any information about benefits.

Associate Researcher/Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital (New York) (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied early January and they got back to me mid January to schedule a in person interview. The interview was very quick (45 Min) and didn't include the Principle Investigator as he was busy teaching class. They said that this particular lab didn't try to prolong the interview. It was "What the lab is about, What are you about, and Here is a tour of the lab"

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital (New York) (New York, NY).

Interview

I went to a job fair. There were over 150 people there. They had me meet with 2 people, HR then an IT director. It took them 2 months to call me back. I met with 2 managers. The interview was quick and easy. It took 10-15 mins with each manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to solve a problem at work.   Answer Question

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital (New York) (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

It was very casual and the interview took about 40 min. the questions are very normal. They just tried to know your goals, experience in clinical research, and IRB process.

Nurse Practitioner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital (New York) (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Internal transfer is a quick and easy process in which I met with physicians in the department individually and discussed the job and expectations as well as schedule and benefits. HR then called and talked to me about salary and transfer dates. These were verified between departments

Interview Questions

• What is your least favorite part of the hospital?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Hard to negotiate with them.