Mount Sinai Hospital - Toronto Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mount Sinai Hospital - Toronto Interview Questions

Interviews at Mount Sinai Hospital - Toronto

2.9

RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital - Toronto.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the manager to organize another phone interview with the manager and the nurse educator on the floor. After that I had another phone interview with the nurse manager and the nurse educator to go over questions and scenarios relevant to the unit.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to this position? What are your strengths?   Answer Question

Administrative Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital - Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2018.

Interview

I was applying for a position that I was told was part of a new department (they had no support staff whatsoever).

Initial phone interview and then invited to do an online test. The online test took hours to complete and had to be broken up into 2 days.

The in-person interview took approximately an hour. The interviewer was very friendly. I was led to believe that the position was most likely mine, and to be patient with HR processes.

After 2 weeks and no contact from HR, I reached out to inquire. Waited another 2 weeks and inquired again to be told the position was on "hold" until further notice.

Very disappointing and time consuming experience from a candidate perspective. I suspect that the position was not really available and they were testing to see what was out there.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you went above and beyond for a client   Answer Question

MBA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital - Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

2 Rounds of interviews, first was phone screening with HR with basic questions such as why I wanted to work for Mount Sinai. They asked me to bring in a writing sample of my choice for second round interview. Second round was half an hour behavioral with same HR, senior consultant in organizational development and a past MBA intern who currently works at the hospital.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a leadership experience in which you had to convince someone to change their views.   Answer Question

Medical Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital - Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

After applying for several hospital positions, I finally received a reply. The interview itself was comfortable enough for me to answer the questions accurate with the physician and Human resources present. I then had to do a skills test on Microsoft office and typing speed/accuracy. It was a great experience for me.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if a family member called for results on a patient's behalf?   1 Answer

Information Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital - Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I applied online. Was given a telephone screening interview. Then interviewed at the hospital. They told me that I was the "preferred candidate" and then advised me after I turned down another opportunity that the job was given to someone else. I will never believe anything I hear from these people ever!

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you had a conflict with a co-worker, how was it resolved and what did you learn?   Answer Question
    • What will you bring to this position? What are your strengths?   Answer Question
    • Explain your resume and career goals, and how this job will help you reach your goals   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital - Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online and interviewed at the hospital in the manager's room. the interview took about 30 minutes. charge nurse and CNS were also in the interview. the interview was harder compared to other interviews that I had in other hospitals. most questions were specific nursing skills and medications. there were questions about lab values and medications.

Interview Questions

• Most were related to the unit and were specific. harder than other interviews   Answer Question

RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital - Toronto.

Interview

3 people interviewed you, they asked many case scenario questions with behavioural question plus why you want to work with us. In the last stage, they gave a paper for the case scenario related to prioritization.

Human Resources Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital - Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied through an agency and was told to go to the Toronto location for an in-person interview with the HR manager.
    I got there and there was the HR manager and another employee there to interview me.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself?
      2. How will you handle an angry client?
      3. What are your future goals for 2017?
      4. Are you someone that prefers working as an individual or in a team?
      5. There were a lot of questions related to my experience (as stated in my resume)

I think the interview process was okay and they were friendly.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital - Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Manager called for an interview a week after I applied. Initial phone screening questions, followed by an in person interview a few days later. The interview was very easy going. The emphasis was on ensuring you had the right experience for the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you experience recruiting participants into a research study?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital - Toronto.

Interview

Traditional questions, have to have updated flu shots, background checks, one on one interview with the manager, asks generic questions related to field of study or employment. Friendly staff and great interview experience

Interview Questions

• Asked about familiarity with medical terminology, previous experience in clinical or research position, etc.   Answer Question