Mount Sinai Medical Center of Florida Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Mount Sinai Medical Center of Florida

2.5

Patient Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Medical Center of Florida (Miami, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied directly on their website. Got an interview within a week and hired the following week. First interview with HR, second interview with a panel of managers, third interview with panel at the actual doctor's office all on the same day. Very professional, organized and efficient. Positive and welcoming attitude. No medical background is required. Speaking Spanish is helpful but not required. Be prepared to spend a few hours. Parking is validated.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with irate patients?   1 Answer
    • This job is mainly customer service and requires a lot of empathy, based on past jobs explain why you are qualified.   Answer Question
    • If the doctors are running behind schedule are you willing to stay after 5pm?   Answer Question
    • What are your goals?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in working for Mount Sinai?   Answer Question

Patient Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Medical Center of Florida (Miami, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

Apply online
    Interview with recruiter, then interview with administrative managers
    If they like you then you interview with the manager of any particular physician office
    Drug/Alcohol Test
    Get checked out in Employee Health
    Orientation first two days

Collector Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Medical Center of Florida.

Interview

Long and drawn out. The interview had nothing to do with the job at all
    Long and drawn out. The interview had nothing to do with the job at all. The end

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami Beach, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Medical Center of Florida (Miami Beach, FL) in August 2011.

Interview

Four interviews & a long test. The place looks run down & the employees unhappy.

Too far of a commute

RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Medical Center of Florida (Miami, FL) in November 2011.

Interview

Called nurse recruiter->Interview with Nurse recruiter->invited to mass interview(40+ applicants in same room with Nurse managers from each unit interviewing)->called back with an offer from recruiter-> physical, PPD (passed) /Accepted the job -> 3 months training including classes and preseptorship.

Interview Questions

• All of them were pretty expected and typical. Why nursing? Why the unit in specific? Goals as a nurse? Three words that describe you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much negotiation. No many companies hiring new grads into specialty fields. I just accepted the offer.

RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Medical Center of Florida (Miami Beach, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview with recruiter over the phone then Hr on the phone and in person and then floor with floor manager and charge nurse 2 panel interview. Great atmosphere nothing to be nervous about, they make your feel comfortable

IT Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Medical Center of Florida (Miami, FL).

Interview

I met them at a career fair at FIU. If they like you, they invite you to an information session. Afterwords, if you meet the requirements (and again if they like you), they invite you to an interview with HR and to take an assessment. If you pass the assessment, they invite you to a panel interview. After all of that, I was dropped. It was a very long and tedious process. They barely give you information, no feedback, you're in the dark on this one. During the interview, there was construction, so I was talking/listening over drilling noises. Fun stuff.

IT Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Medical Center of Florida (Miami, FL).

Interview

I met them at FIU career fair. Then I got invited to an info session, they did a quick interview with everyone after the session. Then I got an email saying I was selected to take the assessment. Then several weeks later I got a call for a final panel interview. The panel interview was pretty easy. After 2+ months I got an email saying I was rejected. Their communication is horrible.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about mount sinai?   Answer Question
    • Why do you think you would fit in to this position since it is not related to engineering?   Answer Question

Registered Respiratory Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami Beach, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Medical Center of Florida (Miami Beach, FL) in June 2010.

Interview

The interview was fine and I was hired several years ago. It's was the orientation that didn't go well. First of all, the people doing the orientations for new employees were RUDE. I came in with new sneaks pants and a dress shirt. 2 hours later they tell me I don't meet the dressed code Bc I had sneakers. They told me to leave and go to human resource. HOWEVER, I saw new nurses dressed in scrubs, flip flops, Jeans etc. A few weeks later I had to do another orientation. When I was hired I didn't have an updated ID so from my understanding, she told me to bring it after I finish the second schedule orientation. This time I came dressed, showed up in pants, dress shirt the works. At 10 am, the same rude lady who pulled me out the last time, did it again and rudely said goto human resource and don't return!!!!! I'll never forget that!! I went back and she told me I wasn't hired anymore Bc I didn't bring my ID BEFORE ORIENTATION? Which was weird Bc I thought she told me to bring it the day of orientation? I had it that day and showed her. She looked at me and said sorry they decided to not hire me. I explained to her she never told me there was a dressed code, I was drressed nicely both times and at both orientations I attended, there were nurses in scrubs , jeans, flip flops etc. Why are nurses getting special treatment? Not too mention I saw new nurses come to the orientation hours late and they were not asked to leave!!! I would never reapply again from that experience. Besides they are paying 1990 wages. Not worth my trouble if I can't be treated with the same respect as nurses. I learned that from just being humiliated at ORIENTATION. SAD

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Sinai needs to stop paying wages from the 90's. It's wrong.

Food Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Medical Center of Florida.

Interview

Got instant feedback on my interview. Met with the recruiter then a manager. Each interview was about 30 minutes, received a call with an offer and began all premployment process