Mount Sinai Medical Center of Florida Interview Questions in Miami-Fort Lauderdale, FL | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2017

2.8

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Medical Center of Florida (Miami, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

HR called me yesterday and a very brief interview done over the phone and she set me up for personal interview the next day. Today i met her@ 8:45am supernice lady👍 and we went over some details on my resume. Took about 10 minutes and referred me to interview with the nursing director. I was interviewed by a nursing director and a team leader. Both of them were very proffessional, kind, and super humble!!!all i can say is everyone there were so friendly so i felt very comfortable🤗. The entire interview process was formal and questions were based on hospital scenes and i took 30 minutes on this process.HR called me same day at 4:30pm telling " congratulations"!!! The rest is history💃

Interview Questions

• -What was the most difficult task you had and how were you able to fix it?   1 Answer
    • What are you going to do when faced with 2 patients both with pain   1 Answer

Patient Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Medical Center of Florida (Miami, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied directly on their website. Got an interview within a week and hired the following week. First interview with HR, second interview with a panel of managers, third interview with panel at the actual doctor's office all on the same day. Very professional, organized and efficient. Positive and welcoming attitude. No medical background is required. Speaking Spanish is helpful but not required. Be prepared to spend a few hours. Parking is validated.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with irate patients?   Answer Question
    • This job is mainly customer service and requires a lot of empathy, based on past jobs explain why you are qualified.   Answer Question
    • If the doctors are running behind schedule are you willing to stay after 5pm?   Answer Question
    • What are your goals?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in working for Mount Sinai?   Answer Question

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Medical Center of Florida (Miami, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

The interviewing process was not bad, was surprised I wasn't the one they employed, but the interviewer said I will be contacted if they don't get along with the hired one

Interview Questions

• If I have transportation to go back and forth?   1 Answer

Medical Coder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Medical Center of Florida (Miami, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed for other positions, but since I had a CPC certification, they asked if I would like to take the coder assessment test. I was very excited since I didn't have the experience that was advertised. I came back for assessment and had the opportunity to interview with the hiring manager. It was a great interview, but unfortunately I did not get hired.

Interview Questions

• Since I had previous managerial experience, would I be happy in a non-managerial position.   Answer Question

IT Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Medical Center of Florida (Miami, FL).

Interview

I met them at a career fair at FIU. If they like you, they invite you to an information session. Afterwords, if you meet the requirements (and again if they like you), they invite you to an interview with HR and to take an assessment. If you pass the assessment, they invite you to a panel interview. After all of that, I was dropped. It was a very long and tedious process. They barely give you information, no feedback, you're in the dark on this one. During the interview, there was construction, so I was talking/listening over drilling noises. Fun stuff.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Medical Center of Florida (Miami, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by unit manager and team leader. Offered position same day. Informal interview process. Initiially applied online, was called by recruiter to set up interview. Interview in total was 1 hour. Spoke with both mgr and team leader for approx 20 minutes, was then offered the position and given tour. Called back a few days later and accepted position.

Patient Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Medical Center of Florida (Miami, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

Apply online
    Interview with recruiter, then interview with administrative managers
    If they like you then you interview with the manager of any particular physician office
    Drug/Alcohol Test
    Get checked out in Employee Health
    Orientation first two days

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Medical Center of Florida (Miami, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

The Nurse Recruiter is a very professional and sweet lady. She understands new nurses. After interviewing with her you will interview with the Department Manager. The Department manager will walk you trough the floor and explain the description of the unit. Then they will ask some questions about employment history, job descriptions and some life situations and encounters with patients during clinicals.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had a complicated patient how did you handle it?   1 Answer

RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Medical Center of Florida (Miami, FL) in November 2011.

Interview

Called nurse recruiter->Interview with Nurse recruiter->invited to mass interview(40+ applicants in same room with Nurse managers from each unit interviewing)->called back with an offer from recruiter-> physical, PPD (passed) /Accepted the job -> 3 months training including classes and preseptorship.

Interview Questions

• All of them were pretty expected and typical. Why nursing? Why the unit in specific? Goals as a nurse? Three words that describe you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much negotiation. No many companies hiring new grads into specialty fields. I just accepted the offer.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami Beach, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Medical Center of Florida (Miami Beach, FL) in August 2011.

Interview

Four interviews & a long test. The place looks run down & the employees unhappy.

Too far of a commute