Mountain Equipment Co-op Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mountain Equipment Co-op Interview Questions

Interviews at Mountain Equipment Co-op

2.6

Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mountain Equipment Co-op.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews, the first goes over retail and outdoors experience and the second one has more standard interview questions. You have to apply online prior to attending a hiring fair.

Bilangual Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mountain Equipment Co-op.

Interview

First they contact over the phone to have a first impression and then they want to meet you and have a physical interview in the Head Office. They ask you a lot of questions about you, your strengths, your weaknesses.

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Langley, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mountain Equipment Co-op (Langley, BC (Canada)) in May 2019.

Interview

I met with two of the senior staff who asked me about a dozen questions over the course of 45 minutes. It was pretty straightforward, and they offered me the job immediately after the interview finished.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mountain Equipment Co-op.

Interview

simple and to the point. Asked a few questions about the past and how I can contribute to the existing role. The interview is friendly and not in a high pressure environment

Interview Questions

• past experience and some examples and case study to show your skills. worked on some models to show the tools I know.   Answer Question

Web Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mountain Equipment Co-op.

Interview

Initial Phone Interview: Confirmation of Identity and eligibility to work in Canada. Confirmation of experience listed on the resume that is relevant to the position.

Two In-Person Interviews: One with the Hiring Manager and a second with the Department Team Lead.

Interview Questions

• Describe the safety expectations you have for a warehouse environment?
      What kind of products have you purchased from MEC if any?
      Please tell me about some of the experiences volunteering and what you've learned from them.   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mountain Equipment Co-op (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in April 2019.

Interview

in person interview about two weeks after application. behavior based interview with two people. ,, then a generic decline email form their HR software for a company that is trying to build culture they have a way togo.

Interview Questions

• when have you worked with data modelling software   1 Answer

Frontline Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kelowna, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mountain Equipment Co-op (Kelowna, BC (Canada)) in January 2019.

Interview

The interview process was quite straightforward. Within a few days of submitting my online application, I received an email to set up an interview at the store within a week. I met with two people during the interview which lasted about 30 minutes. I received a job offer the same day as the interview and completed the on-boarding paperwork prior to starting training.

Outreach Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mountain Equipment Co-op in October 2018.

Interview

Interviewer was impersonal & seemed as though he didn't want to be there. I followed up by sending references and thanking him for the interview and got no response - very unprofessional. Has left me with a terrible impression of MEC.

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mountain Equipment Co-op (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in September 2018.

Interview

I got a personal interview with the store manager and was required to respond to a list of questions on the spot. Most were general; "why do you want to work at MEC", "what are your strengths/weaknesses", others were relevance based questions about my interest and potential with MEC.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do outside?   1 Answer
    • What is a future outdoor goal of yours?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mountain Equipment Co-op (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

One phone interview
    One skills test on the computer with how you respond to customer service questions.
    One in person interview with 2 people (they throw A LOT of questions at you and did not inform me I would be interviewed by two people, 1 person was from over the phone)
    One criminal record check and 1 credit check, you are asked to bring 2 pieces of ID to the interview (This is the only company I have known to do this from my interview experiences)
    Tour of the new MEC headquarters (and yes, it's beautiful)

Interview Questions

• From what I remember (paraphrased):
      Tell me of a time time you had to make a tough call and did you regret it?
      What are you most proud of.
      Tell me something new you've learned recently.
      Tell me about your last adventure.
      A customer wants to re-order a pair of their favourite MEC pants from a decade ago, but they are no longer available, what do you tell them?
      Found interviewers to be dressed VERY casual, but very serious during the interview process, not conversational and relaxed like the over the phone experience.
      Wage offer at the time was $15 an hour.
      Was called back and told it was a tough decision, I asked if there was any feedback they could provide to improve skill set etc (noting I did not want to put them on the spot), the interviewer said they would look at their notes; I never heard back.   Answer Question