Mountain States Health Interview Questions in Johnson City, TN | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.6

Pre-Visit Coordination Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mountain States Health (Johnson City, TN) in May 2015.

Interview

Thrown together. Lied about work hours. Very easy interview. Was interviewed by two people that were very laid back and made me feel very comfortable during the entire process. Didn't make me feel out of place or awkward during the interview. Didn't ask me any questions that I felt like was above me and the job that I was interviewing for. The interview didn't last a very long time, straight to the point, even though did talk about things that made me feel more comfortable before starting the interview and at the end.

Financial Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mountain States Health (Johnson City, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

The process was enjoyable. I really like the interviewers, the director of finance at Johnson City Medical Center and the Vice President of finance. I really connected with them and their questions seemed directly about the position, not just general interview questions. The instructional video is a drag and just repeats itself but it was informational...at first.

New Grad RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Mountain States Health (Johnson City, TN) in March 2015.

Interview

Short interview with three managers. All very friendly and professional. Met one of the managers at a school meeting before graduation and was told to come by and apply for the position. Received a call with a job offer within two days.

IS Service Desk Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mountain States Health (Johnson City, TN) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview began by the interviewer showing the facility and talking about the job and the various other departments within the facility. The interview was relaxed and straightforward. The Interviewer did not ask any kind of trick questions and just really wanted to get to know me and see what level I was at within the IT field. The questions that were asked were basic questions one should know if you have spent any time working on computers or just in daily computer usage. The interview took about an hour to complete.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions about the Internet not working and about file access.   Answer Question

Work Hours

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mountain States Health (Johnson City, TN) in November 2013.

Interview

It was very professional. The VP I interviewed with did a great job explaining the job expectations. He even had me to pretend I was answering the phone and taking a message for him. This totally caught me off guard but he seemed pleased with how I handled his request.

IS Project Manager III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mountain States Health (Johnson City, TN) in April 2013.

Interview

What an adventure! Two phone interviews...relatively innocuous. However, when they flew me from Orlando to Johnson City, that's when the fun started.

I met the director to whom I'd be reporting. The interview consisted of him giving me a recitation of his resume from his years as a consultant, including for Mountain States Health Alliance (MSHA). After that, he escorted me around the IS department, frantically looking for someone in leadership to introduce me to. Yes, one might think that this could have been coordinated in advance but, well, that's didn't seem to be the MSHA way.

After unsuccessfully wandering the building for about 15 minutes, we passed a conference room. He said, "Oh...I'm supposed to be in that meeting," and walked away, leaving me alone in the middle of the reception area. No "goodbye," no "we'll be in touch." Just walked away.

About three hours later, he called me to apologize and let me know that HR would be in touch. Sure enough, I was offered the position, including a nice sign-on bonus.

Again, then things got weird.

About three weeks later, I called him to let him know the timing of me leaving my (then) current position and start date with MSHA. He replied, "That's great but they let me go this morning." At this point, I'd given notice, listed my house, and begun the relocation process.

I contacted HR and the AVP to whom the department reported. She said they would fly me back up so I could meet her and some of the others and that the position was still mine.

Without going into the rest of the dysfunctional process (which would take another 1,000 words or so), suffice it to say that these initial contacts were the GOOD ones.

I remained with the organization for just over a year. I couldn't get out of there fast enough.

FYI, there were seven people in the department when I arrived. Two weeks after I left, they were down to four with one of these scrambling to get out the door, not to mention at least three directors frantically trying to disembark the sinking ship. Another 20 or so folks I spoke with said they were in a position where they couldn't leave the area and were, for all intents and purposes, hostages to the salaries and employment.

Just a train-wreck of an organization.

Interview Questions

• Maybe the most challenging question was "Why do you want to come to work here?" asked incredulously by the director I ended up reporting to. Why, oh, why, did I not heed his subtle warning?!?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary range was lower than what I was after but they worked with me to get close.

Resident Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mountain States Health (Johnson City, TN).

Interview

After filing an application, one meets with a two - three person panel to interview in person.
    The interview included sharing my life history and beliefs with the panel and how that could effect my interactions with patients, families, and staff. Additionally, I was given several scenarios and asked how I would respond to those cases.
    Upon being accepted, one signs a contract with the hospital, completed team member training, and agrees to all vaccinations, etc. required for hospital employment.

Interview Questions

• How would you best minister to someone who has no belief systems?   Answer Question

Indern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mountain States Health (Johnson City, TN) in January 2013.

Interview

I spoke with a woman who did the job, she walked me around showing me the facility and describing what she's doing. I felt very comfortable talking and exploring the facilities. It's a hospital, so you have to expect a large variety of people being served, and be prepared to work with everyone.

Interview Questions

• She asked about my hospital experience and about the University program I was competing. There is computer work involved. So, we talked about computer experience. They use a program network for their charting, as well as a physical chart. Pretty easy to navigate if you have any basic level computer understanding.   1 Answer

Chaplain Resident Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Mountain States Health (Johnson City, TN) in May 2012.

Interview

The applicant is required to meet with a panel from the Spiritual and Pastoral Care Department. The process was straight forward and those within the department are extremely caring.

Interview Questions

• How would you best minister with a patient/family who has no faith tradition or beliefs?   Answer Question

Support Center Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnson City, TN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mountain States Health (Johnson City, TN) in November 2011.

Interview

Interview was a smooth process. Employer asked basic knowledge questions, no 'trick' questions were ever asked. Interview was straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Describe a problem that you recently used your troubleshooting skills to solve.   Answer Question