Movable Ink Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Movable Ink Account Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Movable Ink

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Movable Ink (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

2 months of ridiculousness, consisting of a phone screen, two separate phone interviews with team members, an in-person with 4 rounds of people, followed with a reference screen, then a follow up full hour of actual training on the product via screenshare by someone in NY, and finally a call back to do an on-site presentation to the team & screen share with a vp in NY, ending with a 5 minute talk with the VP. Presentation was to be on the platform, on not "how well you know it", "or tech" but "how well you can present and field questions, etc". There was actually no technical test or discussion prior, so this is subjective to a shot-in-the dark presentation where they start drilling tech or platform questions on the fly in the last round. Team kept calling me by the WRONG name in the last round which was infuriating, vp called me the wrong name as well, and the office is based out of a WeWork space. Presentation went well, but of course after all this, I was denied "for not knowing tech surrounding the platform". Meaning, you should know above average HTML & CSS coding quite well (or at least say you do, because there was no real skill test, I was just being honest), alongside standard adtech & marketing strategy, even though you will be told "novice HTML" is okay and can be trained in the beginning, do not believe it, and save yourself 2 months with a better company and product worth pursuing. Overall, team was nice enough, process was horrible. Platform is decent, but it will be slowly taken over by bigger competitors, and it is more of a "nice to have" in the marketing mix, but not a necessary tool. A developing company, acting as if they are major player, with a ridiculous interview process that is ultimately not worth the pursuit. Nice enough team, nice recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with HTML? CSS? Have you worked with ad tech integrations? How does email resolve in the inbox via Movable Ink? How does personalization data from CRM resolve to moment of open? How does moment of open update inventory automatically? Tell me about API's?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Movable Ink

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Movable Ink (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

The process is long and extensive but it seemed appropriate for the position. You start with phone interviews, then in person interviews, then a presentation you create. The presentation is meant to ensure you know what movable does and what they offer. You can expect questions such as, can you send out emails from our platform? How do you implement movable ink into a current template and do you need to use web-safe fonts on the platform.

Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Movable Ink (New York, NY).

Interview

Went through 3 rounds of interviews -- one phone interview, one 2 hour long interview in person with multiple people, and one mock "client presentation" (where I was asked to put together a deck and present to Movable Ink team as though they were clients). The HR person I worked with was impossible to communicate with -- sometimes straight up telling me they would have an answer back on a specific day, and then 3 days later I'd have to follow up again. They agreed to "prep" me before each point of the process and then either wasn't available, or never answered back. He wasn't even in the office for 2/3 interviews I had. After almost 2 months of interviews and a presentation, plus many many follow up emails, I never even heard a "no". The HR person just completely stopped answering my emails. I found this to be incredibly rude and unprofessional -- I took a lot of time out of work to go through this process.