Movable Ink Business Development Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Movable Ink Business Development Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Movable Ink

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Movable Ink (New York, NY) in May 2018.

Interview

The fact that I made a Glassdoor account JUST to write this review (for a standard rejection I wouldn't have even bothered) should tell you how tremendous a waste of time I think this company's interview process is, and that you should go in with your guard up if you're stubborn enough to think its still worth wasting 2 months of your time.

Phone screen, three 45 min sessions with 3 managers, a total of 2 and a half hours so you have to take a proper chunk of your workday off (this part is easy enough to ace as long as you're confident about yourself and your abilities).

But then comes the presentation. A pretentious exercise to say the least, probably to make these people feel like they're special in their selection process, but ok, fair enough. I spent 2 months of my life, taking hours after work and weekends to painstakingly create the perfect presentation ACCORDING to their criteria (ask lots of questions, make sure to end with a close, create slides with mock up examples that were beautifully photoshopped, create use case examples etc). I went in and I don't care what their final justification was (and it was stupid, but more on that later) I gave the best presentation I've given in a while. I know that because at the end, the hiring manager sat down with me and told me so (out of 10 things he said 8 things I did really well, and 2, like "one slide should have placed before the other" but these he said were minor details "we can easily improve").

He made it sound like it was gonna move forward. I certainly thought so since I answered every single one of their VERY TECHNICAL questions about a PRODUCT I HAVE NEVER USED (and I still did it well).
Imagine my shock when I get a call 4 days later and their reason for not hiring was "ONE SLIDE could have been placed a bit earlier ." I kid you not. That was the justification. 2 months, a solid presentation, and this collection of pretentious snobs who clearly aren't even qualified enough to judge a second grade spelling bee, decided that someone's 2 months efforts were to be dismissed by 1 slide placement.
I am not over exaggerating or lying. Just spare yourself. Your efforts can definitely be used elsewhere. To this company, karma is certainly real and I hope you people get yours. Don't waste people's time like this and give out aura's of false hope. Its cruel.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Movable Ink

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Movable Ink (New York, NY) in January 2019.

Interview

Initial phone screen with HR recruiter, phone interview with hiring manager, in-person interview, presentation

Manager was unprofessional and intentionally tried to challenge answers to her questions, very probing and confrontational - maybe was trying to filter out weaker candidates but overall was abrasive and cold.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a challenge you faced and how you over-came it   Answer Question

Movable Ink Response

May 28, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thanks for your feedback! We take interviewing very seriously and train our managers on the best ways to understand a candidate’s background as it relates to the outcomes of a particular position... More

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Movable Ink (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview was a lengthy process. I was interviewed by 5 different people, HR, director, two managers and a rep - It's great to know everyone but the process could have been cut down to 2 people. I was answering the same questions from every person

Interview Questions

• They will ask about your resume and your previous experience.   Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Movable Ink (London, England (UK)) in March 2019.

Interview

- Initial call with the recruiter
    - Call with hiring manager
    - Face to face interview with hiring manager and three other members of the team
    - Face to face presentation in front of hiring manager and few other people (this bit is also recorded for NY team to review).

Demanding interview process. Despite of giving a very good presentation about a very complex and technical product (got a great feedback from both manager and the team), and overall impression that I was a perfect match for the job, I got a call back from NY that I wasn't successful because of my "presentation skills". Recruiter didn't give much feedback, it sounded that she was just forced to say whatever. The other reason was that there was only one position available at the time and they decided to go with someone else.

Interview Questions

• - Loads of question based on your experience.
      - How would you approach the client?
      - How well do you understand Movable Ink product?
      - How do you take feedback?   Answer Question