Movable Ink Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Movable Ink Interview Questions

Interviews at Movable Ink

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Movable Ink in April 2018.

Interview

The recruitment process made for a very negative experience. She was clearly unorganized, and unprofessional in her emails coordinating the initial interview. After finally setting up a time for the interview it was clear the person conducting the phone interview was completely unprepared and had not reviewed my resume nor had it in front of her during our conversation. During the interview she asked me about specific numbers that were clearly laid out on my resume, as well as multiple questions regarding topics I had already spoken to, making it apparent she was not listening or engaged whatsoever. It was such a waste of time I was tempted to end the conversation myself. At one point I asked her what qualifications she felt were vital for a candidate in this role, to which she responded, “It’s a new job posting so I don’t know.” It is such a shame for this company that has a good product to be misrepresented by a lackluster employee giving a bad first impression of their organization and overlooking qualified candidates. This is the first person a candidate interacts with, I suggest getting better talent if you want to attract top talent.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Movable Ink (New York, NY).

Interview

2 phone calls, 2 hour interview, presentation. Interviewed with all men. Seems like a company with a little sensitivity would have had one female interviewee. It wasn't a great showing on my part. But, the manager seemed stiff which led to some awkwardness. Didn't get the job. But can't help feeling like there were shades of arrogance and sexism with this company.

Interview Questions

• What did you talk about with other people in the interview   Answer Question

Movable Ink Response

Sep 1, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, although I'm sorry (and very surprised) to hear that you had a negative experience. We never want our candidates to feel awkward throughout the... More

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Movable Ink.

Interview

The interview process was standard until they expected a full understanding of their technology during the pitch process. I spent countless hours creating and preparing a pitch all to receive feedback that I didn't get the job offer because of my lack of technical knowledge of the product. People don't by products because the sales person knows all the technical intricacies, they buy because the like the salesperson, this is proven fact. Anyways, I would think twice before jumping into the pitch. They have used this same method for 7 years and likely won't change. The recruiter I worked with was great but beyond that I felt like it was a huge waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions about the product   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Movable Ink (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Very pleasant and straight forward interview process. I was approached by a recruiter (after I had applied on the site for the position), where he asked me about my background and gave me some expectations about the position. He also told me a little about his background and which companies he had came from (and why he is now happily at Movable Ink). I received an email shortly after the call about when to come in for an in person interview.

I came into the office, pinged the recruiter, who greeted me at the front desk and later sent me off on my way for a technical interview with the VP. It was a very casual and friendly interview where we pair programmed on a small project.

After, I as given the option to come back and meet with the rest of the team, and do a couple more exercises. A couple handshakes and conversations later, the interview ended and the recruiter I had been corresponding with walked me out. We had another conversation about company culture and any other questions I had.

Overall it was a very pleasant first interview.

I had also been interviewing at some other places and had two offers at the time I went in for an interview at Movable Ink. I forwarded this information to the recruiter and he gave me great advice about how to reach a decision. He gave me the correct amount of distance to think about my choices. Needless to say, I went with Movable Ink.

What I liked:
     - A challenging and appropriate technical interview
     - It was a pleasure to meet the whole team during my first interview
     - The recruiter let me know that he was always within a phone call away (he was, I had called him maybe 3 times in the course of one evening when i had gotten the offers, and he was still more than willing to accommodate).
     - As a follow up to the last point, it was awesome how appropriate the levels of care that each manager gave me as a candidate.

Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Movable Ink (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

This was the process:
     - Phone Interview with Talent
     - Phone Interview with Manager
     - Phone Interview with Director
     - In person Interview with local SF Team
     - In person Interview where I did a product demo.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Movable Ink (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Very quick interview process, entire cycle from first call to job offer was about 1 month. Recruiter was very friendly and encouraging throughout the process, worked hard to coordinate people's schedules for a smooth process. I always knew what was going on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Movable Ink (New York, NY) in June 2018.

Interview

I submitted my application online. About 3 weeks later, a representative emailed me about setting up a phone interview and requested dates for the next week. She didn't reply again until a week later and all the dates I gave had passed.

We finally set up an interview date. When it was five minutes past our call time, I didn't receive a call. I didn't worry because I thought maybe she had back to back calls. When it was 15 minutes past, I emailed her. She claimed that she had called, but my voicemail was full. That is untrue--my voicemail was not full. I didn't even have a missed call and I told her this. I had a friend call me shortly after and my friend had no trouble reaching me. It was very inconsiderate of this rep. to not followup. I left a tech conference early so I could do the phone interview.

We set up a makeup date and we had the same problem. This time, I emailed her as soon as it was 5 minutes past our call time and she didn't call. It slowly came out that she might be the one with bad reception. I didn't get my phone call with her until 2 hours past our initial time. I finally spoke to her because I asked if I could call her instead. Her work number was a 917 number, so I'm not sure if that's a landline or a company cell phone.

I made it to a second phone interview with an Engineer. He had no problem reaching me.

I spent almost 4 hours of troubleshooting phone issues with this representative in order to set up a 20-30 minute introductory call. She clearly lied about being unable to reach my cell phone. She did not want to admit that she either dialed the wrong number or didn't call me at all.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1 to 10, what's your experience with (insert technology)? With 10 being you invented it.   Answer Question

Solutions Engineer Interview

Interview

It was very pleasant and straightforward. It was quite simple in my opinion and it seems like a great place to work. I should have done better but the questions were very fair.

Interview Questions

• Various JavaScript questions about syntax and different coding practice.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Movable Ink (New York, NY).

Interview

Two 30 min phone calls, a 3ish hour in person, and a CEO interview. The manager was extremely open and positive, very easy to get in touch with and answer any question. Everyone I met in person really talked about how much they love the company and why they came here and why they stayed. That more than anything convinced me this was the company and I wanted to be a part of and I'm glad I made that decision.

Interview Questions

• How do you stand out from other recruiters sending the same types of jobs and messages?   1 Answer

Product Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Movable Ink (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I started with a phone screen with a technical recruiter, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was then invited to do a round of in-person interviews and a portfolio presentation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenging experience or conflict you had at work, and how you overcame it.   Answer Question