Movable Ink Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Movable Ink Interview Questions

Interviews at Movable Ink

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Movable Ink (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call from HR within a couple days. I spoke with the hiring manager on the phone the same day. I came in the following week for an interview with the team, and then returned two weeks later to do a presentation with the team on my plan and goals for the role, as well as past projects. The presentation is something they have most senior level employees do, and is very casual - more like a conversation. Overall it was a really good experience, the HR manager was proactive about keeping me up-to-date on feedback and the process.

Interview Questions

• To provide an example of previous work I've done that was guided by data and analytics.   1 Answer

Regional Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Movable Ink (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

My time with HR was a refreshing change from the usual. It was very conversational and informative. They really took the time to learn about my accomplishments and what I was seeking in a new role without feeling boxed into interviewing for a specific posted position. I was asked back to meet separately with two key department leaders. Both were very sharp and passionate about their role, team, and company. I was then invited back to meet with the VP of Global Sales. The interview was more like a strategy session, which made me feel like part of the team before even getting an offer. The final phase was a Moveable Ink sales presentation to the Mgmt. Team and CEO. The entire process was well thought out and appropriate for someone applying for a senior sales position.

Interview Questions

• How are we different from other email marketing organizations?   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Movable Ink (San Francisco, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

The interview process was straight-forward and standard. The recruiter I worked with canceled the phone screen 5 minutes after the interview--which I thought was fine because life happens--but online reviews say that this company is known for doing that.

Production Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Movable Ink (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

This was the best interview process I've ever experienced -- from the very beginning. Emily was the most committed and authentic recruiter I've ever worked with. I could tell from the beginning that she truly cared about how each step went and if I was feeling like the role and team would be a good fit. I also appreciated how thorough the process was, without seeming tedious.

I had my initial call with Emily, a call with an engineer, a coding challenge, and a call with that same engineer to review the coding challenge. After that I had my first on-site, which was a one hour interview with the director of engineering to go over my work history (not technical), followed by a one hour interview with three engineers that was technical. We went through some of my code and then did some live coding. Then a few days later I came in for a two-hour pairing session with a senior engineer on the team that went really well and made me feel really comfortable. They weren't trying to trick me at any point or do really impractical things that I had experienced in other interviews such as not letting me Google something quickly. Everyone made me feel at ease even during the harder technical questions.

Throughout the process, I wanted the job more and more after each meeting or call. By the very end, I had absolutely no hesitations in accepting and I was thrilled when I got the offer call from Emily.

Interview Questions

• There was a small Rails app with bugs that I was given. I was shown a bug, and I had to find the solution to the bug.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Movable Ink (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Recruiter on LinkedIn by HR manager. She was really easy to work with and made the process pleasant. From there I had a phone screen with the hiring manager and an engineering manager. Last round was an onsite with a panel of managers and CEO.

BDR Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Movable Ink (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with Recruiter
    Phone screen with Manager
    Onsite with 2 managers and a team member
    Presentation - Product Sales Pitch

Great process! Really communicates to you that they are looking for the RIGHT people and they take the time to do so.

BDR Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Movable Ink (New York, NY).

Interview

Multi-step process with various people in upper level management which culminated with a mock presentation. Very good process to learn more about the role and feel prepared upon starting.

Interview Questions

• What skills would an old employer say you needed to improve upon?   1 Answer

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Movable Ink (New York, NY) in May 2018.

Interview

The fact that I made a Glassdoor account JUST to write this review (for a standard rejection I wouldn't have even bothered) should tell you how tremendous a waste of time I think this company's interview process is, and that you should go in with your guard up if you're stubborn enough to think its still worth wasting 2 months of your time.

Phone screen, three 45 min sessions with 3 managers, a total of 2 and a half hours so you have to take a proper chunk of your workday off (this part is easy enough to ace as long as you're confident about yourself and your abilities).

But then comes the presentation. A pretentious exercise to say the least, probably to make these people feel like they're special in their selection process, but ok, fair enough. I spent 2 months of my life, taking hours after work and weekends to painstakingly create the perfect presentation ACCORDING to their criteria (ask lots of questions, make sure to end with a close, create slides with mock up examples that were beautifully photoshopped, create use case examples etc). I went in and I don't care what their final justification was (and it was stupid, but more on that later) I gave the best presentation I've given in a while. I know that because at the end, the hiring manager sat down with me and told me so (out of 10 things he said 8 things I did really well, and 2, like "one slide should have placed before the other" but these he said were minor details "we can easily improve").

He made it sound like it was gonna move forward. I certainly thought so since I answered every single one of their VERY TECHNICAL questions about a PRODUCT I HAVE NEVER USED (and I still did it well).
    Imagine my shock when I get a call 4 days later and their reason for not hiring was "ONE SLIDE could have been placed a bit earlier ." I kid you not. That was the justification. 2 months, a solid presentation, and this collection of pretentious snobs who clearly aren't even qualified enough to judge a second grade spelling bee, decided that someone's 2 months efforts were to be dismissed by 1 slide placement.
    I am not over exaggerating or lying. Just spare yourself. Your efforts can definitely be used elsewhere. To this company, karma is certainly real and I hope you people get yours. Don't waste people's time like this and give out aura's of false hope. Its cruel.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Movable Ink (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview was a lengthy process. I was interviewed by 5 different people, HR, director, two managers and a rep - It's great to know everyone but the process could have been cut down to 2 people. I was answering the same questions from every person

Interview Questions

• They will ask about your resume and your previous experience.   Answer Question

SDR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Movable Ink (New York, NY).

Interview

2 phone interviews, mock Sales call/email, in person with 5 people. Everything was smooth. Interview was more difficult than most others. A few of the interviewers made it a little intimidating while the others were comforting. Looking at who they hired instead: former interns/retail sales associates/restaurant workers, rather than someone with direct SaaS experience. Cool company but probably not a fit from the beginning. Product more of a "luxury" rather than a "necessity". Email marketing sector is competitive.