Movable Ink Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Movable Ink Interview Questions

Interviews at Movable Ink

SDR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Movable Ink (New York, NY).

Interview

2 phone interviews, mock Sales call/email, in person with 5 people. Everything was smooth. Interview was more difficult than most others. A few of the interviewers made it a little intimidating while the others were comforting. Looking at who they hired instead: former interns/retail sales associates/restaurant workers, rather than someone with direct SaaS experience. Cool company but probably not a fit from the beginning. Product more of a "luxury" rather than a "necessity". Email marketing sector is competitive.

Partner Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Movable Ink in April 2018.

Interview

Initial phone screen with the recruiter, pretty easy. Then a second round phone interview with the hiring manager. She took the call while at the airport so it was pretty difficult to hear her and it threw me off a bit. The phone interview lasted a hour. A week and a half later, I followed up and the recruiter let me know they were looking for someone a bit more advanced aka someone who was coming from a tech company.

Strategic Account Executibe Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Movable Ink (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online, a lady who claimed to be the senior recruiter left me an incomplete message regarding a phone interview 2 days later. I had to look her up myself, and scheduled a call with her. On the day of the scheduled call, she did not call me. I got annoyed and called her since I have her number from before. She was unprepared, disorganized and unprofessional. Of course there was no follow up afterwards either. I understand she was new on the job at the time. However, her unprofessionalism is a really bad reflection of an otherwise good company.

Interview Questions

Movable Ink Response

Aug 5, 2015 – Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner

Hello, this is Brad Kaunitz, Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner at Movable Ink.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for your negative interview experience with Movable Ink. I strive to provide the... More

Senior Technical Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Movable Ink (New York, NY) in February 2019.

Interview

The interview process was the best of every company I was interviewing with which was a huge reason I accepted the position. I was interviewing with companies large and small, including Amazon, and other startups that are flashy. I was so surprised to see negative reviews about interviewing here until I realized that they had a team that was incompetent and is no longer there. The people are incredible, human, and compassionate in every conversation. The CEO even stopped by my interview room to introduce himself. I'm so happy my recruiter reached out to me about Movable Ink.

Leadership Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Movable Ink.

Interview

I got ghosted so I think it is one of the more disappointing experiences a candidate could have. Not the end of the world as I didn't invest a lot of time in the process, but the lack of care for candidates expressing interest in the business shows something of its culture. Shame as the product looks great.
    My response "didn't get an offer" is more accurately one of "didn't get a response" but the option wasn't there to write that!

Interview Questions

• "Can you make a phone interview?"   1 Answer

Movable Ink Response

Jun 13, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback. While this isn't an excuse, we want to remind that sometimes emails get lost in the shuffle or even sometimes end up in a spam folder. We encourage you to reach back out... More

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Movable Ink (Paris (France)) in February 2016.

Interview

I have been contacted through LinkedIn asking me a quick presentation. Once I replied by mail, a skype call was planned. The job interview was really quick and I felt it didn't go well...However I sent a motivated mail few days later but the person was really rude to me, like stop bothering me! Sorry to have the motivation to join you.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with email marketing markets ? tell me about your experiences?   Answer Question

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Movable Ink (London, England (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

An absolute swift experience from Stage 1 to the final interview. It is however a very detailed structure where you are put through at least 6 stages where you are able to gauge into the Company's culture, your manager and the product itself.

1st stage - Telephone screening with recruiter - who was very clear and asked about my expectations and career goals
    2nd - Video interview with manager - Competency based questions and questions about the product and knowledge about the Company, lasts at least 60 mins
    3rd - Face to face interview - At least 3 members of the team on ground come in and meet with you, here you are able to see if its the right fit for you and vice versa
    4th - Video interview with Ops director - A quick interview again to check in if you are the right fit for Movable Ink. I did find out what my career progression could be and not necessarily within the same team, so you are able to get options if you do want to grow into other roles.
    5th - DBS Checked / Background check where you are required to go back to the office to hand over documentation in person

My Recruiter was very transparent with me, kept in constant contact to ensure I was updated with feedback through all stages. She was very very thorough and helped speed up the process immensely.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Movable Ink (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

5 calls and meetings very nice people and very flexible. Went really well each step of the way and everything was done to make me feel good. I think it goes with the spirit of the company obviously.

Interview Questions

• What did you learn in your last experiences ?   1 Answer

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Movable Ink (London, England (UK)) in March 2019.

Interview

- Initial call with the recruiter
    - Call with hiring manager
    - Face to face interview with hiring manager and three other members of the team
    - Face to face presentation in front of hiring manager and few other people (this bit is also recorded for NY team to review).

Demanding interview process. Despite of giving a very good presentation about a very complex and technical product (got a great feedback from both manager and the team), and overall impression that I was a perfect match for the job, I got a call back from NY that I wasn't successful because of my "presentation skills". Recruiter didn't give much feedback, it sounded that she was just forced to say whatever. The other reason was that there was only one position available at the time and they decided to go with someone else.

Interview Questions

• - Loads of question based on your experience.
      - How would you approach the client?
      - How well do you understand Movable Ink product?
      - How do you take feedback?   Answer Question

Strategic Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Movable Ink (London, England (UK)) in April 2018.

Interview

Very well managed and clearly structured from the first stage through to the final interview. You have one rep who talks you through all the stages with clear ideas to the structure and questions that might be asked.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel is the most interesting area of the platform? What key terms do you think are important to note when talking with a prospect?   Answer Question

See What Movable Ink Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar     Current Anonymous Employee

Pros: “- Smart, hardworking employees who are excited about the product they are building - Great, large national brands are behind them, and they're bringing more on board. - Accessible...”“- Smart, hardworking employees who are excited about the product they are building - Great, large national brands are behind them, and they're bringing more on board. - Accessible leadership team (and diverse!) - No egos, no red tape. Very, very easy to affect change at Movable Ink. - Everyone gets along; there isn't a divide between departments, sales hangs out with engineering who hands out with finance, etc. - There's always something going on and you want to be a part of it. Whether its a beer tasting, pumpkin carving contest, scavenger hunt, everyone is engaged and working hard while playing hard. - Because the company is growing so much there's a ton of opportunity to get involved with other departments and projects that you wouldn't have a chance to at other companies.” – Full Review