Movable Ink Production Support Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

4.0

Production Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Movable Ink (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

This was the best interview process I've ever experienced -- from the very beginning. Emily was the most committed and authentic recruiter I've ever worked with. I could tell from the beginning that she truly cared about how each step went and if I was feeling like the role and team would be a good fit. I also appreciated how thorough the process was, without seeming tedious.

I had my initial call with Emily, a call with an engineer, a coding challenge, and a call with that same engineer to review the coding challenge. After that I had my first on-site, which was a one hour interview with the director of engineering to go over my work history (not technical), followed by a one hour interview with three engineers that was technical. We went through some of my code and then did some live coding. Then a few days later I came in for a two-hour pairing session with a senior engineer on the team that went really well and made me feel really comfortable. They weren't trying to trick me at any point or do really impractical things that I had experienced in other interviews such as not letting me Google something quickly. Everyone made me feel at ease even during the harder technical questions.

Throughout the process, I wanted the job more and more after each meeting or call. By the very end, I had absolutely no hesitations in accepting and I was thrilled when I got the offer call from Emily.

Interview Questions

• There was a small Rails app with bugs that I was given. I was shown a bug, and I had to find the solution to the bug.   Answer Question