Move Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Move Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2017

2.6

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Very Easy. They don't check the intelligence of the person. No knowledge is required to get into the company if you know anyone out there.

Inside Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Move (Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Met with two managers. Adrian and Quan. They went over my resume and proceeded to ask questions about my past work history. Their main concern is sales. What are my selling methods.? Have I worked in a high demand sales quota type of industry. Etc...They ended with a role play in which I was given a scenario and had to play the role of a sales exec. The whole interview lasted about an hour. The managers were cool. The lifestyle is what I really noticed. What is he quality of life for these employees...including the managers...Really made me appreciate my life and where I live and the flexibility of the careers I have chosen. I am grateful I went on this interview even though the job was not offered. Sometimes it helps to see what you don't want.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with open ended questions ?   1 Answer

PMO Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Move (San Jose, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Recruiter was absolutely horrible and lacked professional credibility. Recruiter had no idea how to interview for the position, what the hiring manager was looking for and didn't even seem to understand "key terms"

Interview Questions

• What types of processes have you used in the past to manage projects.   Answer Question

Senior Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Move (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

A technical phone screen followed by an extensive 5 hour on-site interview. Phone screens included javascript knowledge tests and a brief system architecture question. People were very nice, and clarifying questions from my side made the task easier

Interview Questions

• Implement a function `Car` that will result in the following output:

var a = new Car();
      var b = new Car();
      console.log(a.id); // logs 1
      console.log(b.id); // logs 2
      b.id = 3;
      console.log(a.id); // still logs 1   1 Answer

Director, Product Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Move.

Interview

Recruiter reaches out to me asking for times so we can set up an interview. I respond within the hour and don't hear back for nine days. I email them with new times a few days later. No response. I email them again with more new times and ask if they still want to talk. I finally get a response along with a confirmed time slot for the interview. Two business days before I'm scheduled to speak with them, I get the "unfortunately, we have decided not to proceed" email.

It all seemed to be handled so amateurishly. They seemed interested in me and absolutely not interested in me, all at the same time. I hope they don't treat their employees as disrespectfully as they treat the candidates they invite to interview with them.

Interview Questions

• We received your application and would like to get you set up on a call at your earliest convenience. Send me your availability for this week/next and I'll get the call set up.   1 Answer

Javascript Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Move (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

First round was a phone call with a recruiter who then scheduled me for a technical screening with a PM. The next phase was a simple coding challenge using React/Redux. After that, the PM scheduled a video interview to discuss my code with two of their developers. I was then brought in for an on-site where I pair programmed with a developer to tackle a bug on their website for an hour and then presented a project I worked on to the team.

Some of the team members were genuinely interested in my background and projects. I received both positive feedback and constructive criticism. Their senior developer and one of the interviewers worked remotely so he had to call in. This made the on-site feel somewhat awkward because it felt like I was doing an on-site and phone screening simultaneously.

After following up with the hiring manager, I was told a decision would be made early the next week, but I never heard back after 2+ weeks of waiting. I still received no response from the hiring manager after I thoughtfully informed him that I had moved on with another company and thanked him for the opportunity. For such a drawn out interview process, it was very disappointing that this company cannot extend the courtesy to respond to their on-site candidates. I would pass on this company. The wait does not seem to be worth the reward.

Interview Questions

• Pair programming exercise on a React Router related bug.   Answer Question

Senior Software Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Move in April 2017.

Interview

They have a very vague process. I felt they didn't actually need a candidate as even though I was referred to by an employee, they were so reluctant in contacting and giving weird reasons like being ill and all on the days of the interview and stuff. The second round included a Selenium exercise which was fairly simple. I answered all the questions but still didn't make through.

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Move (Morgantown, WV) in March 2017.

Interview

initial Started with the Hr round the phone interview with Hiring manager and then an take home project to automate realtor.com.

Take home project consist of 8 automation test case scenarios which we need to code using selenium framework. I used Hybrid framework easy if you have knowledge about it.

Rejected for no reason after the coding challenge waste of time.
    But the good thing was all the questions were based on selenium and your skills related to SDET not like other interviews where you need Linux or Core java exp too.

Interview Questions

• Hr questions are all normal easy to answer   1 Answer
    • Take home project well its up to luck i didn't receive any call even though my code was working so try you best and pray that the manager understands your code as you won't have a chance to explain it that's the sad part of the interview process   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Move (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Process :
    1. Recruiter calls you, if they like your profile.
    2. Recruiter tries to understand your need & company's need.
    3 Recruiter schedules couple of telephonic round.
    4. If telephonic round goes well, you will be called onsite for onsite rounds. There were 4 rounds for me.

I am not a good fan of this process though. Onsite rounds kinda felt like they were not sure what to do next....

Interview Questions

• If data is not there in the repository then how do one can prepare to show it? :)   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Move (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

- 3 steps: 1 phone interview with HR, 1 phone interview with Manager, 6 rounds of onsite interview.
    - The process is pretty smooth, it took me 3 weeks to get offer.

Interview Questions

• 1. Design search like google.
      2. Design chat application.   Answer Question