Move Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

3.3

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Inside Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Move (Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Met with two managers. Adrian and Quan. They went over my resume and proceeded to ask questions about my past work history. Their main concern is sales. What are my selling methods.? Have I worked in a high demand sales quota type of industry. Etc...They ended with a role play in which I was given a scenario and had to play the role of a sales exec. The whole interview lasted about an hour. The managers were cool. The lifestyle is what I really noticed. What is he quality of life for these employees...including the managers...Really made me appreciate my life and where I live and the flexibility of the careers I have chosen. I am grateful I went on this interview even though the job was not offered. Sometimes it helps to see what you don't want.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with open ended questions ?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Move (Thousand Oaks, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Two interviewers (managers) asked a variety of questions followed by a written exam.
    The interview appeared to go very well and interviewers promised a telephone call within the week to move forward. The call never came and when I called them it was as if I didn't exist. They were rude, dismissive and unprofessional. I called their corporate headquarters to complain over the lack of professional standards and they were equally dismissive. Based on that experience I would hesitate to see anyone trust this company, their values or corporate culture.

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Move (Westlake Village, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview is where the brain washing begins. Again, run! It is all hype where they tell you about all the money you can make, but none of the nonsense that comes with it. Boiler room meets a fake bootcamp.

Interview Questions

• Here is a script, memorize it and then we will come back and have you pitch the script to us. Just not in reality anything what the actual position is like.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Move (Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Very thorough interview with sales director and senior sales director. Aptitude tests, role playing, and charter validation. Waiting to hear back..... I submitted for the background check, so hopefully that means I will be extended an offer (I declined). I am really excited to use my skills in sales along with my knowledge in real estate to work for such a well known company like News Corp. The interview process was very thorough, they get everything done in one four hour appointment. Be ready to answer a lot of questions about your character, sales skills, and overall knowledge of account management. You should go into the interview knowing the different types of objections in sales and the terms for them.

After reading reviews here on glassdoor, I decided to decline the offer.

Interview Questions

• Three things you're proud of accomplishing, be creative.....   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Move (Westlake Village, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was fast-paced and flawless. The executives at Move, Inc. are consummate professionals. The interviews were challenging, but engaging. The HR team I had the pleasure of working with were second to none. They promptly returned all emails/calls and sent confirmation emails so I was never left in the dark. They took extra care to continually follow up with me at every step of the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that isn't on your resume.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Move met my salary requirements; no negotiating required.

Operations Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Move (Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online for a different position but was contacted by an HR person about this one. We spoke briefly and then she passed my information onto the hiring manager. A few days later the HR person called me back to set up an in person interview. I was impressed by how quickly they were moving. The in person interview was between myself, the hiring manager and her technical lead. Without giving me much background information the technical lead started grilling me about my SQL/reporting experience. Once that was over with then I was given some details about what the job was about, daily duties, working environment etc. The hiring manager asked me if I was "sociable", not sure what that was about. Also I was dressed in business attire with tie the interviewers were dressed extremely casual (jeans and a t-shirt).

Interview Questions

• "Did you call in sick to attend this interview?"   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Move (Westlake Village, CA).

Interview

Meeting two idiots who has no clue how to hire the right talent or ask the right question.

My self esteem is worth more than $35,000/year working for people who degrades your 15+ years of experience

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Move (Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Their corporate recruiter emailed me to setup a phone interview. The phone interview went very well. I told her about my past inside sales roles and experience with previous companies. Other topics of conversation was: were my quotas met, prospecting strategies, company cultures, daily routines in sales roles, etc. If you pass the phone interview you will then be scheduled for an in person interview. There were three people listed for me to meet, but I only met with one sales manager who trains the new hires. My first impression of her was that she didn't look like a salesperson at all. She had a list of questions and wrote down several notes on how you answered the questions. Questions asked: Tell me what you know about the company? Tell me what you know about the products and services? What do you know about the industry? How did you hit your quotas? Tell me the 5 step selling process? How did your past company evaluate those who do not hit their quotas? How many calls did you make a day? How do you take rejection? Also asked about a couple other inside sales strategies, if I knew them.

She then was rude and told me how I was never in "real" sales. Her version of sales is to be in a boiler room making 125 phone calls a day. Their department has a write up policy. So you will be terminated after 3 write ups for any reasons. If you make 124 phone calls, you will get written up. If you don't make quota for the month, you will get written up. Come back a minute after the 30 minute lunch, written up! She also made is seem that "real" sales is when you have dragons breathing down your neck to make all those calls or else you will get burned. I made 50 to 100 calls a day, closed at 80-90% to quota, made over two million a year in revenue, and have over 4 years of experience does not mean you have the right to tell I was never in "real" sales. So the whole 3 strikes and your out and her putting my sales experience down gave a distaste in my mouth.

So I passed the first round of the in person interview and went to the second round, The Role Play. I was given a cheat sheet of a realtor's problem scenario. Mine was a realtor from Texas who had 3 listings and different prices. It takes her 90 days to sell a home when it normally takes 60 days to sell a home in the area. The information gives a breakdown of how much her commission would be, house listings, addresses, and an explanation of the realtors problems. There was also a script at the bottom of the page of what an inside sales representative from realtor.com or move.com would say. I was given 10 minutes to prepare. Then she will turn around and then conduct the role play. Be prepared to close and use the selling techniques she discussed.

Interview Questions

• How many golf balls does it take to fill up a school bus?   2 Answers

I don't recommend working for this company if you want to have a stable career in sales. I got a job at CBS Radio as an Outside Sales Representative and love my job because CBS knows how to treat their sales employees right and don't give write ups for small things to get fired.

Regional Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Move (Westlake Village, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Insanely long process including interviewing with 6 separate people, none of which were ever interacted with during my tenure. HR team is totally useless and messed up every flight, hotel and rental car reservation and handed me a 400 page binder and asked me to sign several pages.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever sold enterprise level software?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Move (Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

On-line application with a group of 30 people that came in on several days. There was a presentation with top sales and management that came in to speak before one on one interview

Interview Questions

• They had you go through a computer assessment of your computer skills along with your sales skills through a questionaire   Answer Question