Moxie’s Grill & Bar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 14, 2017

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Moxie’s Grill & Bar

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Moxie’s Grill & Bar (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online from a job board posting. I was contacted by email to come in. Met with one of the managers, and then met with the general manager. That was pretty much it.

Line Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Moxie’s Grill & Bar.

Interview

Spoke with Chef for about 15 minutes. salary negotiations were easy. They arent afraid to pay for good people so know your worth. Started at 13+2 an hour, got them to 15+3. They pay tips as a set rate per hour which is nice, most places are just pooled and sorted out. nice to have the consistency.

Server Interview

Interview

They looked at my Instagram, no interview questions. Hired over the phone. I applied online and after I was hired I went into the store and they showed me around and got me to sign forms.

Prep Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Moxie’s Grill & Bar (Windsor, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

The atmosphere was relaxed which conveyed the impression about the kitchen as well; Information provided in regard to the wage, position and expectations, and emphasis on expectations. Discussed expectations were ethics, attention to details, punctuality, and interpersonal skills.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Moxie’s Grill & Bar in March 2017.

Interview

applied online and got called back two days later to come in and fill application, then called me back for interview two days after going in to fill out the application. She was a super nice lady that only asked me one question, and then we went over my availability and gave job description of what I was applying for, very laid back conversation.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Moxie’s Grill & Bar (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Sit down interview in the dining room with the hiring manager. Was given a description of the job being applied for. Asked abit about my background and why I would like to work at moxies. Went over my availability. Discussed what I was being offered and hours they could give me (not guaranteed hours). Was offered the position. Came in within a few days to be trained.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dartmouth, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Moxie’s Grill & Bar (Dartmouth, NS (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Job interview was standard. Interviewed by 3 managers all asking pretty much the same questions (experience, scenario questions, etc) managers were nice and thorough and they made me feel comfortable. They were more asking questions to get my personality I think. Was there for probabaly an hour all together.

Interview Questions

• Gave scenario questions, asked what customer service means to me, what does loyalty mean to me   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Moxie’s Grill & Bar (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

I took my resume in and asked the hostess for a manager. The assistant manager told me that I should come back the next morning at around 11 am. She told me a few things that would impress him and I did just that. I came in the next day and he asked me a few questions and my availability and I started a couple days later.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at moxies?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Moxie’s Grill & Bar.

Interview

Casual sit down interview with the GM. Talked about previous serving experience and how I can help the team be a team player. They look for someone who is personable and outgoing.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moxie’s Grill & Bar (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

I received a call for an interview 2 weeks after applying online
    Host in the front handed me an application to fill out and was able to meet with the manager within 5 minutes of filling it out
    Manager than passed my resume along to GM and was able to get interviewed by him as well

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about yourself
      Q: Tell me about your current job
      Q: Why Moxies?
      Q: Any serving experience?
      Q: Availability?
      Q: If I would still be available in September (school)?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ask how much they pay