Mozilla Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

3.2

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mozilla (San Francisco, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

the recruiter emailed me with a hackerrank link, it had 3 questions, 2 coding, 1 mySQL, to be completed in 90 minutes.

The recruiter did not even clarify the limitations and expectations ie how many questions, what languages you're allowed to code in, etc.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Mozilla (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a 7 month process that included multiple phone calls, in-person interviews, video conference interviews and two big projects (I ended up spending ~50 hours total on the projects). IMO, too much to ask of candidates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mozilla (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The process was straightforward. I applied online, on their site. Received a response from the recruiter within two weeks. Was requested to complete questions on HackerRank. Once those were reviewed I was invited to move forward to speaking with the hiring manager. We had a Skype call, then within a day or two was asked to do a series of calls on Skype. There was supposed to be an assignment, but I didn't receive it. Went through the 3 calls with two members of the team and the hiring manager again. Since I didn't receive the assignment, I was given a few days to get it done and have the call/presentation with the hiring manager again. After the presentation, received noticed within 5 days that I wasn't selected.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about metrics, data, and providing insights.   Answer Question

Technical Events Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mozilla (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume through posting on Indeed.com and received first call from recruiter two weeks later. I participated in a phone screening that week with the recruiter and then was referred to the hiring manager for a phone interview the following week. The next step was a series of individual video interviews with senior staff in related departments. Final interviews took place in person with hiring manager and their superiors. I had a total of nine interviews through phone, video and in person and communicated with with two HR staff members during the process.

Great group of people that I spoke with over the course of the interview process. Very professional and friendly with positive attitudes about the company and their roles.

Interview Questions

• Mostly related to the position itself and questions about how certain situations should be handled and past professional experiences.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mozilla (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

There was a coding challenge followed by three phone screens with different members of the team. Each phone screen was a coding problem that was challenging but not super contrived (which is very cool!) followed by some questions from the interviewer and ending with an opportunity for your own questions.

The last interview for me was pretty tricky, and I actually ended up only solving the problem after a lot of discussion with the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to intern at Mozilla? (This can be a bit more interesting than the standard movie interview question it might seem because of Mozilla's unique status as a non-profit Internet company).   Answer Question

Brand Strategy Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mozilla (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Five people came up to me and asked me questions. each person jumped in from time to time and set a different focus. It was one hour of intense questioning. Questions concerning my resume, knowledge about the company, etc.

Individual Contributor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mozilla (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview process started with a few emails back and forth with a recruiter followed by a handful of short phone calls with the recruiter and hiring manager. After three one hour video-chats I was invited to spend 3 days in San Francisco for further interviews. Mozilla's travel budget is seemingly massive. They flew in employees that I would be working with from various other locations, including Seattle and Vancouver.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my feelings about Mozilla's principles in multiple occasions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Mozilla (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me with a position he said I was well qualified for. I responded showing interest in the opportunity. We had an initial phone screen and he said he would have someone from the team call me in the next few days. After two and a half weeks without any contact, I followed up with the recruiter who apologized and said someone would call me the next day. No one called. After another week and a half the recruiter emailed me saying the position had been filled. Despite them sounding extremely interested in me (and reaching out to me, not vice versa) I never once even spoke to anyone on the team. Definitely one of the worst application experiences I've had.

Interview Questions

• They never asked me anything because no one ever bothered to follow through on contacting me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Mozilla (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very streamlined and the overall time-period was less than a month. I got my interview call on Jan 26, followed by a Phone screen on Feb 4, and finally two back-to-back interviews on Feb 18. I got my offer on Feb 22. All of the interviews were on Skype. The interviews weren't of much difficulty, but were more a discussion of motivation and what sort of projects I would like to work on rather than "write code for X specification". I was asked only a couple of technical questions, but a lot of questions about the projects I had done in school. Mozilla is one of the best ever places to intern and I am glad about accepting their offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mozilla (San Francisco, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

A phone interview followed by a 2.5 hour face to face interview. I was asked to meet with a separate team as there were two available roles. Although I felt the interviews went well as I was well prepared, I could tell one of the managers did not like one of my answers and thought it too 'recruiter-y'. The role description was vague and the team was also a big vague on what they were looking for. All interviewers were very friendly albeit a bit unorganized.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not difficult, but the technical recruiter did ask if web architecture was understood.   1 Answer