Mphasis Interview Questions in Bangalore, India | Glassdoor

2.7

129 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Mphasis (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

There were three rounds conducted.
    The first round was an online test which was the Amcat test, the second round was Technical Round and the third round was HR round,

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself, Asked about my college project , my role in the project, Software testing related questions like explain Software development life cycle , bug life cycle, V-model ,Agile model, Sanity testing, Load testing , what does a test report consists of. etc...   1 Answer

Transaction Processing Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Mphasis (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

First it was a self introduction round and next was a online test through AMCAT and later followed by typing test and lastly Personal interview with a manager at the institute on the same day.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Financial Market?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Mphasis (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

three rounds were there.first round was aptitude taken by Amcat.then next round was technical then who have cleared the technical they are called for HR.the package was very less.just1.2lakh/annum for 1st yr and next yr it wiil be like 1.8lakh/annum.

Interview Questions

• language you know
      from testing
      test cases for modem
      two programms were given to right
      even or odd
      select vowels from a string   1 Answer

Incident Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mphasis (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

They took telephonic round than called fro face to face round but interview went fine everything waa good but never came up with result,I doubt they had a requirement or just for sake of calling they took interview.
    I called them back for asking but theysaid you are selected but Hr will get back to you.

Trainee Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mphasis (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Interview process was really good. Had 3 rounds which are Aptitude, HR, Telephonic. AMCAT aptitude round which will be very easy having normal reasoning, verbal, analytical. It will be simple clearing this round will be very easy.

Module Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mphasis (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

The complete process was very smooth, HR/recruitment team(Vijay/ Navin) helped a lot on the same. Interview panels were well knowledgeable people.
    The whole process was completed in a day, thanks to the recruitment team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was really good, They respect the market value and offered me something that other companies were having problem accepting.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mphasis (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

I got a call from Mphasis for Java Developer with experience in Spring Boot. My interview was scheduled for 10 in the morning and it started at 12. But the management was good and I was free by 2.30 after all the rounds.

Experience - 3 Years

First Round - It went for one hour and the interviewer asked about every technology that was mentioned in my resume.

Second Round - It was done through telephone from the company itself and the main focus was on Spring Boot.

Third Round - It was with the project manager and he asked about the roles and responsibilities, etc.

Fourth Round - HR, it was just a formality and she only asked about my expectations and if my notice period can be bought, etc.

I got my offer letter after one week and they gave a really good hike on my current CTC. It was more than expected.

Interview Questions

• Round 1 - What is the difference between Array and ArrayList?   Answer Question
    • Round 1 - Tell me the flow of the application when you write a program in AngularJS.   Answer Question
    • Round 1 - What is Maven and why do we need it?   Answer Question
    • Round 1 - Which dependencies are needed in Spring boot to make it a web application   Answer Question
    • Round 1 - What is the difference between serialisation and synchronisation in java?   Answer Question
    • Round 1 - Tell me some new tags that are added in HTML5   Answer Question
    • Round 1 - Write a query to fetch employee details based on their department.   Answer Question
    • Round 1 - How Hashmap works internally?   Answer Question
    • Round 1 - What happens if the both hashcode and equals method result same for a key in Hashmap?   Answer Question
    • Round 1 - How does the size of Arraylist increases dynamically?   Answer Question
    • Round 1 - Apart from the Collections interface, which other interface does all the collection classes have?   1 Answer
    • Round 2 - Tell me about your experience in Spring Boot.   Answer Question
    • Round 2 - How do you create a basic Spring Boot application and how do you run it?   Answer Question
    • Round 2 - Where do you put all the properties of your application for Spring Boot?   1 Answer
    • Round 2 - What are actuators in spring boot?   Answer Question
    • Round 2 - How does security works in Spring Boot?   Answer Question
    • Round 2 - How does logging works in Spring Boot? Which is supported by default in Spring boot and which file is needed for the same?   1 Answer
    • Round 2 - How does messaging works in Spring Boot?   Answer Question
    • Round 2 - Tell me the flow of Spring MVC application.   Answer Question
    • Round 3 - Tell me about your roles and responsibilities in your current project   Answer Question
    • Round 3 - Tell me about your journey so far in your career. Are there any challenges that you have faced?   Answer Question
    • Round 3 - Why do you want to change your company?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't tell them much about my expectations. I got around 60% hike on my current CTC. I didn't have to negotiate for anything.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Mphasis (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

Hiring for Data Science with Python background. Ist round; the interviewer asked a lot of questions on pandas, numpy and python. Answered most (by most I mean above 95%). Second (also the last) round, the guy asks only Python questions. No probs, I answer most of them. He then asks a question in which he does not want to change the number of lines, finally tells me that the answer is a compound function definition in python and calls the interview off. Very poor interviewer. And worst part, they never ask me any data science related stuff!

Interview Questions

• Some question where you have to use a generator with list comprehension while not changing the [ ] structure.   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mphasis (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through college placement office. They had 3 rounds of the interview process- Aptitude( AMCAT), Communication round (versant) and Technical ( along with HR).

Aptitude had Quant 14 questions in 16 minutes (time & work, trains, logs, permutation & combination,speed time & distance, averages, number system, ratio & proportion,percentage,etc)
    25 English questions in 25 minutes (RC, para jumbles, synonyms, error correction, antonyms, etc)
    25 reasoning in 25 minutes
    Technical questions ( debugging, trees, graphs, data structure, few networking questions, etc)
    It was an adaptive test meaning with each correct answer, next question will be tougher.

Out of about 600 students, 25 were selected.

Next was communication round where you have to listen to some passages through call and answer accordingly, grammar questions asked in call and finally, speak about a given topic in the phone for 30 seconds to an automated robot.

12 students were selected.

Finally, Technical round.

Basically, I spoke about Project. Explain in detail. Technologies interested in. Asked about Html,CSS,Javascript. Told to write simple programs in HTML ( as I had mentioned in resume).
    Asked to write string program in C to extract strings in ascending order. Explained the logic too.
    Asked about Bitwise operators, few questions from Java.
    Mostly I spoke about Artificial Intelligence and Cryptocurrency.

Whether willing to work in testing? why ?
    Will I leave after to open startups?
    Why am I joining here when my ideas and dreams are bigger than this company?
    Finally, told about Traff-o-data, Bill Gates 1st company which basically sealed the deal for me.

5 students were finally selected. 1 of them :)

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mphasis (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

2 round technical and one round manager.. all technical questions asked..spring, hibernate, JSP, servlet etc...

After clearing all round, I have been told that HR will contact in one or two days...but I did not get any update...

They should have more transparency in interview process