Mu Sigma Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

3.3

273 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

There were two sections to the interview:

- The first portion was simple brain teasers that turned into heavier statistical math problems.

- The second was more behavioral base questions.

It was a pretty standard interview that you need to prepare for in order to succeed at.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell me about Mu Sigma's influence in the data analytics field?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Mu Sigma

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mu Sigma.

Interview

Short and precise. Lot of puzzles and futuristic questions. Only they see your not so great love for your engineering trait they will hire you otherwise there are chances you won't even join

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Easy with 3 rounds. All three rounds were face to face. First, a group discussion, secondly, a technical interview and the final was a stress HR interview. It was a great experience.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mu Sigma.

Interview

Somewhat unprofessional. Interview time was a little off, and I was given less time than expected. The interview process was pretty standard, starting off with the tell me about your self, where do you see yourself in 5 years blah blah.. Asked me about my strengths and weaknesses, about a time I failed and what not.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mu Sigma (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

First Round: Short standardized test, not too difficult

Second Round: Asked to synthesize a 30-minute seminar

Third Round: Skype interview with behavioral and puzzle question. Puzzle question was difficult but mostly just to let them know how you think.

Once i completed all three rounds, I got emailed an offer one week later.

Interview Questions

• How would you apply the skills you obtained to Mu Sigma?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation yet.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

First round - written round with problems similar to the ones in CAT papers.
    Second round - Group Discussion - on general topics
    Third round - the make or break round - one-on-one interview; math problems will be asked with not really correct answers. It's not a bad idea to think out loud if you're stuck because they are interested in your thought process.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mu Sigma.

Interview

We had to go to an information session and then a pre-night event. In between the two, we received an email for links to 1) an aptitude test (kind of like the SAT) and 2) a link to a video (we need to provide our synthesis of the content in the end). The pre-night event covers everything in the video again and is sort of an Q&A session.
    Later we receive an invitation to an hour-long interview, during which they give you 2-3 mini-cases/logic problems that cover basic economic/business principles (game theory, porter's five forces, etc) and just kind of pick your brain for ideas. There were also some behavioral questions/standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

Lower salary than my other offers, longer hours too.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mu Sigma.

Interview

a lot of analytical questions, which is to be expected. Interviewers were very friendly and made it seem less formal than expected. Overall the process was smooth and easy, nothing major.

Application

Interview

The interview was in 2 stages. The first one was more of an analytical round which involved more of puzzles and case studies. THe second round then was a stress interview by a senior executive. It was a nice experience and other than bagging the job, I came out of the room with more confidence and as a stronger person.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No scope for any negotiation

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mu Sigma in January 2014.

Interview

There were two phone interviews with a case interview in between. The case interview was like a take-home project which I had 24 hours to complete. The case interview was comprised of a few questions to be answered, and a video that I was to watch and then synthesize into three main points. After passing through to the official telephonic interview, HR provided me with three time slots throughout the next week to schedule the interview.

Interview Questions

• (answer I gave) In what situation would a company want to keep selling a product or service with low profit margins?   1 Answer