Mu Sigma Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017
1,013 Interview Reviews

3.1

Business Engagement Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mu Sigma.

Interview

Initial phone interview. Prior to it you will receive some video links and reading material. Following this part they will forward your credentials/material to HR. I used to work for a competitor thus there were some concerns that caused a hang up.

Interview Questions

• In general terms describe how you would contribute to market position explained in the video.   1 Answer

Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mu Sigma (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Had just two phone interviews with people in India. They were both very friendly and professonal. It didn't go any further than that. I may have priced myself out of the process as the salary needs question came up in the very first of two phone conversations. I appreciated the fact that they showed any interest at all because my background was not in data analytics. Note that they send new employees to India for training of 3 -12 months in duration.

Interview Questions

• Mostly asked about my experience managing and working with enterprise level clients.   Answer Question

Junior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mu Sigma.

Interview

Applied online, uploaded resume. Was contacted maybe a day or two later. Took a math/reasoning online assessment. Then attended an online webinar where you watch a video on the program and then are able to ask an employee any questions about the program. Was then invited for skype interview. Interviewer was absolutely lovely. Overall the process was very easy and all of the representatives I spoke to were very kind and accommodating.

Junior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mu Sigma.

Interview

First stage is an interview in which you record yourself giving the answers to questions that pop up on the screen and then giving a short assessment that consists of basic math and comprehension questions. Second stage was pretty simple, I just spoke to someone who was working with the program itself and they just asked me what I thought I'd be doing with the program.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mu Sigma (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

I met two Mu Sigma recruiters at a career fair and received an online assessment a few days later. The assessment consists of a few behavioral questions with two minute recorded responses. After that, there is a "flash round" in which a question is posted and then you have 30 seconds to respond. There was about ten questions in that round and they are also behavioral. After the recorded videos, there is a 15 question aptitude test that you must complete in under 35 minutes. The questions were fairly straight forward. Finally, you end with a twenty minute written assessment. My prompt was "Describe something you can confidentially say you're a master at" or something similar.
    After passing the assessment, I attended a live webinar with two Mu Sigma employees and other candidates. Candidates were able to ask the two employees about their experiences with the company.
    The last interview is a one on one with a recruiter at Mu Sigma. That interview is more of a get to know you interview and no real difficult questions are asked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mu Sigma (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Most communication is done via email. First step is sort of a diagnostic test online. First section consists of common interview questions which you record the answers to in under 3 minutes. Next section you record answers to some shorter interview questions (under a minute). Another section includes sat like questions (math and reading passage. Last part is a 500 word max essay. All sections are timed and video recorded.

After the diagnostic, applicants are invited to attend a webinar about the company.

Granted this position is for recent grads, seems like a lot of candidates and a lot of hoops to jump through.

Interview Questions

• Explain your knowledge of a technical/complex concept.   Answer Question
    • What are you a master at? How did you come to be a master?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mu Sigma (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

First round was telephonic interview with HR. If selected for next round then they will send you video and you need to write your response based on video. Third interview is with manger.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Your past working experience.
      Skill-sets etc
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mu Sigma (Raleigh, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview began with a lengthy online assessment. After logging in, I had the option to watch three videos about the company. The first stage was a video interview—a question is flashed on the screen, you have 5 seconds to think of an answer, and then you can record yourself for no longer than 60 seconds per question. Then, I had a twenty-minute time limit to answer some basic personality and aptitude questions in short-response format. Last, there was a multiple choice test, sort of like an IQ test. About one week later, there was another module where you watched the head of the company give a talk, and then had to synthesize some brief responses to the content (again, there was a time limit).

Interview Questions

• What animal best represents you and your personality, and why?   Answer Question

Junior Associate Decision Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mu Sigma (Washington, DC).

Interview

Interview was weird at first. No real contact besides email and I wasn't sure if it was legitimate at first. None the less the process was 3 rounds of math based, logic based, and critical thinking skills that took about 45mins each session.

Interview Questions

• Told me to explain how I use analytics in my everyday life.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

There were two sections to the interview:

- The first portion was simple brain teasers that turned into heavier statistical math problems.

- The second was more behavioral base questions.

It was a pretty standard interview that you need to prepare for in order to succeed at.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell me about Mu Sigma's influence in the data analytics field?   Answer Question