Mu Sigma Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mu Sigma Interview Questions

Updated Nov 18, 2017
1,136 Interview Reviews

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mu Sigma (Champaign, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online through University, contacted me in about a week. Whole process was about 3 weeks.
    First part was a 30 min behavioral interview which was pretty basic. They also asked a case study question, but it was extremely open-ended; they just wanted to see how you think.
    Second part consisted of an online test which consisted of GRE style math and logic questions, followed by short behavioral questions in which you had to record yourself giving your responses.
    Last round was a video call with a member at the Indian headquarters. Very relaxed conversation

Junior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mu Sigma.

Interview

I applied through school career portal and received a email for an assessment/aptitude test. The test has video recorded behavioral questions, math/reading MCQs and a writing part. The MCQ portion is very much like SAT where you get asked math questions and extracting information from a passage.

Interview Questions

• What is the underlying assumption made in this logic for it to be true?   Answer Question

Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mu Sigma (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Had two phone interviews with someone in their India location.

Was told I would here something back. I have yet to be contacted. Reached out via email as well with no response. I am ok if I didn’t receive the job but at least it is common courtesy to let someone know they are not moving forward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mu Sigma (Washington, DC) in October 2017.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter at a career fair and was invited to an online interview. The interview consisted of 2 minute recorded questions, one after another, followed by a 30 second recorded question round, one after another. After this was a 10 question exam with various math and behavioral questions. The interview ended with a 20 minute essay.

Interview Questions

• What are the 5 most important aspects of cultivating a new relationship?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mu Sigma (San Diego, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Relatively Straightforward. I submitted my resume at the school job fair, took an online test consisting of some video recorded short answers, basic GRE style multiple choice questions, and a 20 minute essay. This was followed by a skype interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mu Sigma (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I had applied for the position online through my university's career center site. Following my application I received an email instructing me to go through an online process that involves video recording my answers to questions followed by a math, reading, and writing section

Interview Questions

• How does your major specifically prepare you to work at Mu Sigma?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mu Sigma (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

One on one interview on my college campus. Friendly recruiter who had been with the company for about 6 years. Mostly asked questions about theoretical business ventures and what I would do in those situations. Interview was scheduled for 30 min and lasted over an hour. Was open about how he felt I answered questions and was friendly throughout.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mu Sigma.

Interview

The company HR was nice and understanding but they also came across as disorganized and like they were trying to nickel and dine you on your salary. The interview just asked about your resume and about yourself - very standard interview. Then they had you go online and watch a 30-45 min mute video and asked you about 3-5 short answer questions about the video.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question would just be those questions about the video such as what is the culture and key concepts that form the foundation if the company.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mu Sigma.

Interview

You will defiantly get a job if you know someone inside. I wish my interview was hierarchy than employee would have been better, I applied for entry level and they asking experienced questions.

Interview Questions

• probability question, questions nothing relevant to job .   Answer Question

Junior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mu Sigma in July 2017.

Interview

I saw the posting on my school career website and emailed my resume to the recruiter. Very quickly I heard back and was invited for an online assessment. The assessment consisted of multiple behavioral questions where I would record my answer. The more in-depth ones were asking why I wanted this program and to explain the columbus program as if I were a college recruiter. Then, there was a rapid fire round of questions asking me what new things I have learned recently, if I were to give a ted talk what would it be on, etc. Then, there were logic questions and an essay. They give you plenty of time for the reading comprehension and math questions. I would recommend looking up sample gmat questions because the format is exactly the same as those questions. Then, there was an essay.

After a week, I heard back and was invited for a live face-to-face interview with the India team. This was more of an opportunity to ask questions about the program and the job. Very laid back conversation.