Mu Sigma Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 23, 2017
1,010 Interview Reviews

3.1

Junior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mu Sigma.

Interview

They have a very interesting interview process. You start off with a 'selfie video' where you are asked computerized questions and are recorded and taped as you read and answer. This wasn't terrible, but you are only given maybe 1 minute and a half to 2 minutes to read and respond. Some of the questions were a little longer and took time to read.

If you make it past that, you then have another digital process where you have to watch a video and answer essay questions on the video while also being taped on your laptop.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mu Sigma (Columbia, SC).

Interview

The entire process was online. Very interesting process in that sense.

First I submitted my resume and cover letter to the company. After a week or two, I was invited to complete an aptitude test, a short recorded interview, and a 500 word essay, each while being video recorded.

After this step, I received an email asking for more information about myself (GPA and eligibility to work in the US). During this step, I requested to connect with the man I was emailing over LinkedIn.

I then was invited to the next step, which was a video analysis and synthesis of the founder and former ceo. Be sure to take good notes to refer back to.

After this I was offered the job. The whole process took approximately 2 months. However during this time, the company did change CEOs.

Interview Questions

• How would you make the most of your time while in Bangalore, India?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mu Sigma (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Very quick paced. Went through most assessments in a couple short weeks and received an email for a final online interview.

Four parts: 1. Application 2. Online assessment with logical quizzes, personal video, and essay 3. Online group seminar 4. A final assessment based on the company and what you have learned about their expectations.

Then expect an e-mail refusing your application or asking for a skype interview with the intent to offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you make the most of your stay in India   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mu Sigma.

Interview

Was long and complicated included a few math tests and you had to solve some general mind game problems. Shouldn't be too hard but at the same time many do not get hired for some unknown reason.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mu Sigma (New Brunswick, NJ).

Interview

Had a phone interview with one of the employees. He was interviewing me while driving, kind of strange. He also asked a lot of technical questions, like How many barbers are in Baltimore or How can you find the weight of some jars. Just google logic problems, or technical questions to get a better feel. I did not get the offer, but from what I've heard, it's not a position I would want. Because so many people quit so frequently, they have designated 'quitting days', Tuesday and Friday each week.

Interview Questions

• How many barbers are employed in Baltimore?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mu Sigma (Austin, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was four rounds, all of which were on the computer. The four phases consisted of a web cam response to questions, multiple choice aptitude tests, essay, and video synthesis. It was pretty easy and straightforward. The aptitude tests were SAT type questions. Video synthesis we just regurgitating information.

Interview Questions

• The essay asked how you would adjust your life to get the most out of your 6 months living in India?   Answer Question

Junior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mu Sigma in November 2015.

Interview

They give a link of a online interview like GRE test. First you have to introduce yourself, then there are some math problem, logical reasoning problem, giving you a article and some questions about article and then you need to write an essay. You have to keep the camera on through the test.

Interview Questions

• You need to spend 6 months in India. How will you design your life there how the experience will help you?   1 Answer

Junior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mu Sigma in November 2015.

Interview

I would say the interview process is online mostly, and it probably took about 2 weeks in total. I had a video conversation with their hiring managers beforehand.
    selfie
        background
        aspirations
        moment
        problems

multiple choice

essay
        500 word maximum

after this, people will review your application

Interview Questions

• video synthesis
          Founder and CEO talks
          15 minutes to synthesize key takeaways and what they mean to you
      Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mu Sigma.

Interview

5-6 Rounds in all
    1. Aptitude test
    2. Group Discussion
    3. Video Synthesis
    4. Technical round + Case Study
    5. Technical Round
    6. HR interview
    The overall process was 2 days, first day was only the aptitude test after which I was asked to come to their office and from step 2 to step 6, it took around 8-10 hours. All in all a good experience, all they check is how quickly you can learn and do you have the aptitude for the job since Anaytics is not taught in curriculum till now.

Engagement Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Mu Sigma.

Interview

A phone call from the HR, a video synthesis and then phone call from an Apprentice Leader. The worst part of the process of going through a the 20 min video where the founder is seen ranting bizarre analogies trying to position himself as the next Steve Jobs, a disruptor of the existing business models of 3 different industries. Well the fact, as visible through Glass-doors in the reviews by preset/former employees is that the founder is a megalomaniac and it becomes evident from the very first interview round. In later rounds the HR and interviewers are heard repeating the same concepts, and proving themselves to be a better stooge over the other, while trying the present a rosy picture of the pathetic sweatshop like conditions of their offices. The company would suffer & disappear into oblivion unless an outsider rescues it. It can be another BPO like Dasksh or Spectrmind which were acquired by bigger IT services firms to expand their offerings. One of the bigger cousins such as EXL should acquire it and let go of the founder.