Multi Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Multi Service Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.8

Implementation Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Multi Service in April 2017.

Interview

I had an 1-hour video interview. The questions were pretty standard, but there were 3 red flags raised for me.

The first red flag came at the very beginning of the interview when I was asked had I read the Glassdoor reviews. This was the second question asked - the first being why did I want to work for the company. I explained that I prefer not to read the reviews until after the interview because I did not want my opinion to be jaded. The interviewer then went on to explain the reviews were not good, but they were accurate and that the company was in the process of becoming "more professional".

The second flag was revealed when the interviewer was explaining some of the processes that were being put in place to help increase productivity and to change the image of the company. I got a very strong feeling that there was a lot of micromanaging involved. While I understand that a degree of micromanagement would be necessary after being acquired by World Fuel, I felt that it would exceed my tolerance level.

The third red flag, which was the biggest, came at the end of the interview when I asked why was the position open. I was told a very detailed story about the person who held the position last. The interviewer mentioned that the person who previously had the position accepted an opportunity outside of the company. The story included the person's spouse and that the person was eventually offered a telecommuting position at a higher salary than what they were originally offered. That was entirely too much information to share.

I later declined the offer to come out and meet the team face-to-face.

Interview Questions

Multi Service Response

May 3, 2017 – Director, Sales and Marketing

Thank you for your feedback regarding our interview process. We take a great deal of pride in our approach to interviewing candidates and value feedback so that we can get better. In reading your ... More

Open Road Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Multi Service (Overland Park, KS) in August 2015.

Interview

Recruited from a Staffing Agency, I was submitted, took a couple days to get back to me. Interview was short and sweet. After the Wonderlic test I spoke with one of the Recruiters there, She told me that the hiring Manager wasn't available at this time. After I left, my Agency called me and told me the only reason I didn't get to talk to anyone else was because I didn't pass the test. And, the test is timed, so, you can get nervous. I Wonder how many good people get passed up just because of the test??

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Multi Service (Overland Park, KS) in May 2015.

Interview

Process wasn't difficult with the company itself. Worked with recruiter to get an interview for several weeks. Submitted my resume through the recruiter to Multi Service. A couple of weeks later I was notified by the recruiter an interview was to be scheduled. A Wonderlic test was given and two consecutive interviews occurred. The interviewers were pleasant.

Interview Questions

• What is your background with various tools in project management?   1 Answer

National Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Multi Service (Overland Park, KS) in October 2014.

Interview

I had one interview with HR, then on the same day I interviewed with my team manager, our general manager, and our department head. I was in a room with a table and chairs. The company values were posted on the wall: integrity, relationships, performance with excellence, passion, credibility, and wellness

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my experience, why I though I could be successful here, and why I wanted to work for their company.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Multi Service.

Interview

Hiring and interview process went well. I was optimistic about the outcome and was subsequently offered the position.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions. The person that interviewed me was a very professional and seasoned manager. I wish they employed more like him. He was direct and to the point all while setting me at east.   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you know you are more than qualified for the position and have a good chance of getting the job, go in asking for what you know you are worth (realistically). You won't have much chance of getting a decent raise after that if you don't.

National Account Manager/Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Multi Service (Overland Park, KS) in January 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter that had worked with Multi Service for the past 25 years. I was then interviewed by two managers together. The asked me stay a little longer and I was then interviewed by the Vice President of the company.

Interview Questions

• Am I looking for a quick sell or do I prefer building relationships with my leads?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It wasn't a negotiation. It was simply a flat base salary plus commissions and bonuses earned

Fuel Card Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Multi Service (Overland Park, KS) in January 2014.

Interview

very relaxed once you get past wonderlic test, next you will meet with the H.R. Recruiter again then sales manager and sales lead who's team you will probably be on, if you get past that hurdle the director of the dept will interview you and hopefully give the green light. I must have done well because one group after the next came in the room...boom boom boom done, quickly became top performer and stayed there, also met the best friends of my life who I worked with.

Interview Questions

• the usual, they don't grill you too bad. They can pretty well tell having a conversation and asking general questions about the sales process if your a fit.   1 Answer

Financial Controls Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Multi Service (Overland Park, KS) in January 2014.

Interview

First interview was conducted by a hiring manager which is normal. Outlining the job description and seeing how your previous experience qualifies you for the position. Second interview is with the department manager, followed by a Wonderlic style timed-test to determine whether or not you will be offered the position. The results of the test aren't given to you, but if they don't follow up you probably didn't do well.

Interview Questions

• Standard. "How did you go above and beyond in a former position/handle adversity/deal with multiple projects, etc."   Answer Question

Multi Service Response

Sep 12, 2016 – Director, Sales and Marketing

Thank you for providing interview feedback about our interview/application process. We currently do not ask candidates to take the Wonderlic test and follow a best practice hiring approach with all ... More

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Multi Service (Overland Park, KS) in March 2012.

Interview

I waited a long time to be interviewed. No one seemed to remember I was scheduled. The man who interviewed me was pleasant. He didn't seem to know what questions to ask me. I was unimpressed but needed a job. I was given a tour, told to complete some paperwork and what day to report for work. I was subsequently notified my start date had been changed to a later date.

Interview Questions

• What qualifies me for the job. What did I know about the company. Did I have any relatives who are currently employed by Multi Service.   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was non existent. I was told what the starting salary would be and was asked if I would accept it. I said yes because I needed a job.

Credit Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Multi Service (Overland Park, KS) in January 2010.

Interview

Agency sent my resume. They called me in for interview. Made me take an aptitude test. Then they made me interview with several people in the company. I was there for almost 3 hours. Same questions, over and over again. They kept telling me I had to "Fit into their Company Culture" That's why they had me interview with so many. Agency called couple days later and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• If you were a fish,,what type of fish would you be and why? REALLY??   1 Answer

Negotiation

They low balled me, but the agency brought the $ up to almost the top of the range