MultiCare Health System Executive Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1.0

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MultiCare Health System (Tacoma, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied on MultiCare's Career Site and specifically requested contact via email only as I was currently employed and using employer cellphone.
Day 3 post application, contacted by cell phone by peer EA within team. I requested an email as I was currently en route to current job at 8a via public transportation. I received the email close to 5p same day. Peer EA [not company recruiter] asked for a date/ time to schedule an on site interview [no phone screen]. Received a confirmation of on site interview next day without any context. I requested names and titles of interviewers and more specific job description [general job description only.]
I researched interviewers and team objectives. I requested a more specific job description two (2) days prior to interview [2nd request], without any response. I arrived at company 15 min early - no one at reception. Reception area had a very bad odor -- bad plumbing in a vintage building. 2 min prior to interview time, peer EA introduced herself and escorted to the conference room. Again requested a more specific job description -- was told there was not one. Panel interview with six (6) executives [mix of execs and physicians]. Waited 15 min until all interviewers joined. Two were missing and when I asked if they would be joining, only then did they check with peer EA - who had not checked and interviewers assumed they would not and started the interview. Unfortunately, they were all surprised at my experience and one physician commented several times on the size of the font. After the 7th time, I finally spoke up in the form of one of my internalized EA behaviors -- always seeking to make my exec's "life" easier. Example - seeing the font size would be difficult for my exec to read [due to MultiCare's Career Site restrictions], I would have upsized the font, checked for any format errors and provided the updated - easy to read - copy to the interviewers. [I didn't mention that I come from a paperless environment and would have done the above but email to all interviewers.]

Interview Questions

• #1 Panel Interview: Physicians and Executives
    Q: With all your experience, why would you want this job?
    A: I would not apply without a commitment to the company I have researched and aligns with my career goals. I continue to challenge myself and with the Healthcare Industry fast growing, I wanted to become a part of it, together with coming to work each day knowing that I will be helping people.
    Q: Did you know this would be reviewing and filing a lot of paperwork and forms from the Health Insurance side of the business?
    A: No, I did not. I received a general job description, but not a specific job description.
    Q: There is an EA to the COO position, have you seen it?
    A: Yes, I applied and was not selected to interview.
    Q: I'll make a call to Recruiting if you're OK with that.
    A: Yes; thank you. [no other answer would have been appropriate.]
    #2 Panel Interview: Peer EA and AA from team
    Q: Did you have any trouble finding us?
    A: No, very easy to find.
    Q: Did you park in he gravel lot or on the street?
    A: Neither, public transportation.
    Q: What questions did you have for us?
    A: Could I have specifics on the role for which I am interviewing and also your roles within the team and the size of the team and goals.
    Q: You seem to be overqualified for this position. Have you applied for the EA to the COO position?   1 Answer