MultiCare Health System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at MultiCare Health System

2.4

CNA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MultiCare Health System (Tacoma, WA) in September 2013.

Interview

It was a very quick interview where they had a few key questions. I didn't feel intimidated by the two people interviewing. They just sat and chatted with me. They mainly wanted to know my background and intentions including where I wanted my career to go. It was only about fifteen minutes long. I got a call back the next day offering me the job

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know if I was going to continue my education to RN   1 Answer

CNA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MultiCare Health System (Tacoma, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Average interview process. Not very hard questions - got the job immediately. Must have CNA certification before you start. Must be CPR certified. Having experience is a plus. Working for MultiCare will be nice because they have so many facilities in the NorthWest region. Easy to transfer to a different location if needed. Everyone i work with is very nice and helpful. Everyone is very friendly.

Communications Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MultiCare Health System.

Interview

I was screened by a recruiter first. It took quite a while to get that call. After that, the next interview was set up fairly quickly. It was very low key, only with the direct supervisor. Received notice from the supervisor that a decision was delayed due to more interviews and eventually received an automated notice that I wasn't hired.

Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at MultiCare Health System (Tacoma, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, phone screen with supervisor, interview with team. I was an out-of-state candidate, so my experience is not likely typical.

I spoke for a good amount of time with the recruiter initially. He was knowledgeable and friendly. I was a bit put off, though, as he asked my salary requirement within the first few minutes. I am a manager and understand the need to check salary, however, I felt it was too soon in the process since I had no understanding of the role or the department, and I was told the phone screen would only be 15 to 20 minutes. Because I was an out-of-state candidate, I did not feel comfortable giving a solid salary requirement, as I had not yet researched cost of living in a new state, etc. I gave him a ballpark number and let him know I did not feel comfortable giving a solid number because it was so early in the process. He said, "I'm just going to put down $XYZ." Again, it was early in the process, so I wasn't too concerned (this comes into play later.)

I then spoke with the woman who would be my supervisor if I got the job. She was great. Smart, obviously passionate, asked great questions, etc. I was very excited about the position as it seemed the perfect role for me, as well as the perfect location for my family. She invited me out to Tacoma to interview.

The travel arrangements were a bit rocky and hastily made, but I got there. I flew 8 hours out, stayed overnight, then interviewed all day the next day, then flew home about 10 hours. The interviewers were very thorough, and I was even more interested in the role after speaking to everyone. It seemed like MultiCare was in the middle of a positive culture shift, and I have experience with change management and was very excited to share my ideas. I hoped for the offer and began looking at houses in the area for my family and researching cost of living, etc.

The offer came! It was low. It was lower than I indicated to the recruiter from the onset. I researched, talked to friends in the area, as well as to executive recruiters who are in my family. I counter offered. At which point, things got rather unprofessional.

The recruiter's tone changed and became very passive aggressive and frankly, a bit unprofessional. All of my research was wrong (only his was correct), despite the fact that I talked to actual people living in the area, researched houses (which made it clear to me the cost of similar housing there would cost me much more than my current location), and spoke with a global executive search firm. The recruiter, "I'm confused, you said you wanted to relocate and you said this $XYZ was your salary requirement." Me, "Yes, I do want to relocate, but I cannot do so at a detriment to my family. While your data may say the cost of living is similar, I looked at houses, etc., and for the same living standard for my family, I would need to pay quite a bit more."

They were basically asking me to take a pay cut, a possible loss on my house, etc., to work there, and the recruiter was rather rude in the process. I was uncomfortable that he was not ccing who would be my supervisor on emails, as I wonder if I was misrepresented to her by the recruiter.

I was very disappointed, as the role was perfect and I really enjoyed all the people I met there. I would advise the recruiter not to try to solidify salary within the first 10 minutes and also to watch tone in emails.

Negotiation

Ridiculous. See above. Also, not sure why this is saying that I accepted the offer. Sorry, trying to edit, but the site won't let me. I received an offer but did NOT accept it.

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MultiCare Health System (Spokane, WA).

Interview

The entire interview process with MultiCare in Spokane was extremely unprofessional. My first interview was with the hiring manager, who continually asked questions about my personal life- why I moved to Spokane, who my significant other is, what does he do for a living, etc. Very little of the hiring manager's questions were about my qualifications for the position.

I was then asked to proceed to the next round of interviews, in a "group panel" format with the rest of the marketing team. The hiring manager, who was meant to attend this interview, failed to show up. This entire interview was extremely awkward- hardly any of the team members asked me questions, as if they did not know how to handle an interview. I decided to take the reins and ask most of the questions.

After this group panel interview, I was selected to proceed to the next round and speak with a local hospital's president. This was the most positive part of the MultiCare interview process. He was professional, asked great questions, and expressed enthusiasm over my qualifications and skills for the position.

Several weeks passed and I had not received any communications from the hiring manager. I reached out to his admin, asking for an update, and she responded with, "We are moving in a different direction. Thank you." I expected that the hiring manager would have the decency to communicate directly with me and explain that I was not selected for the position and why. I did make it through all 3 interview rounds, and should have been spoken with directly about MultiCare's decision to move in a different direction. Again, completely unprofessional. Might I add that I was referred to this position- is this how the company treats referrals?

Rad Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MultiCare Health System.

Interview

Interview went great. good, stand out group of care givers. Nice enviroment. One main thing I wish they made it clear. When they say non tabacco company, make sure you find out if there going to test for nicotine on the U.A.

Interview Questions

• Experience, Education, They give you a good understanding what is expected from you.   Answer Question

Call Center Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocean Park, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MultiCare Health System (Ocean Park, WA) in April 2018.

Interview

Had a phone screen and discovered that it was not a good fit for me. The job requirement as posted was a good fit but the team understandably had other requirements that were not clearly spelled out. I looked at several reviews where HR responded and I have to say that they boarder l on some of the most unprofessional responses. I got the sense that HR is clearly out of touch.with its employees. Based on that, I don’t think I will be applying to Multicare

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MultiCare Health System (Tacoma, WA) in September 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with department supervisor and manager. Both tag-teamed with a few job-related questions and more personality style questions. Lasted just shy of an hour. There was no structure ( the questions bounced from work-related to personality style). A Few "what would you do" and many "what have you done" questions

Interview Questions

• If you knew a colleague was releasing secure information over the phone, would you immediately intercept or wait and then speak with department head?   1 Answer

Charge RN Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MultiCare Health System in April 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter after applying for the position and she set-up a time for me to have a phone interview with the Clinical Manager. The time came and went, and I received no call from anyone at Allenmore. I e-mailed the recruiter and her response was "I didn't know we had an appointment". Clinical Manager called me a short time later and treated me as if I was an inconvenience, stating that they didn't do "phone interviews" and would need to set-up a panel Skype interview. The whole conversation was abrupt and really rubbed me the wrong way. After I hung up with her I sent the recruiter an e-mail that due to the circumstances, I was no longer interested in the position. If recruiters can't even get simple interview times correct, or know that they don't do phone interviews, means they don't have their act together. I don't need the job, so being treated like I did by the Clinical Manager left a bad taste in my mouth about MultiCare and their management.

MultiCare Health System Response

May 6, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Strategist

We are very sorry you had such a frustrating experience. It is definitely not in line with our values of respect or kindness.

We will be following up to understand why this happened and how a... More

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MultiCare Health System (Lakewood, WA).

Interview

I submitted application via Online Employment Website and received a call for an interview. My interview lasted about 1 hour and went over everything on my resume and things about myself, not inculded in my resume, that made me the best candidate for the job

Interview Questions

• Previous Job History   1 Answer
    • I asked why she chose me to interview when i was not fully qualified for the postion   1 Answer