MultiCare Health System Interview Questions in Tacoma, WA | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 1, 2017

2.4

Senior Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MultiCare Health System (Tacoma, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied in February 2017. Three in-person interviews, five reference checks and five months later, I found out I didn't fit what they were looking for. I interviewed with several different people and never twice with anyone. The only time I corresponded with a recruiter was to learn I didn't get the job (via voicemail).

Interview Questions

• How do you handle disappointment? How do you handle change?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at MHS?   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MultiCare Health System (Tacoma, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

I received an email request to come in for an interview, and at the time of the interview the manager met me in the lobby. The interview was 1:1 and I was made to feel comfortable. The Manager conducting the interview was friendly and positive

Interview Questions

• What techniques and tools do you use to keep yourself organized?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MultiCare Health System (Tacoma, WA).

Interview

I applied online and was called for an interview two days later. I interviewed a week later in Tacoma. It took about 1 hour and was fairly difficult. The interviewers told me I gave great answers to their questions and told me that they would be making a decision within about a week. However, I received an automated company email about 25 minutes later rejecting me. I have never been rejected so fast and it tells me that they already had someone in mind for the position. It was really rude to lead me on and give me false hope, they could have waited at least 1 one day to reject me. I find it insulting to be lied to and made to waste my time. At pretend that you are actually considering someone if they take the time to prepare for an interview. I will never apply for another job with this employer.

CNA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MultiCare Health System (Tacoma, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Average interview process. Not very hard questions - got the job immediately. Must have CNA certification before you start. Must be CPR certified. Having experience is a plus. Working for MultiCare will be nice because they have so many facilities in the NorthWest region. Easy to transfer to a different location if needed. Everyone i work with is very nice and helpful. Everyone is very friendly.

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MultiCare Health System (Tacoma, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied by internet, automated responses for each process. Called in for interview, request for references placed into automated process, emailed reference survey to previous employers. If all goes well, will be asked to come in for final interview with hospital nurse managers for unit.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to get out of this job?   1 Answer

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at MultiCare Health System (Tacoma, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

applied online. specifically requested to be contacted via email only. received a CALL while commuting via Sounder from a prospective team member - also sr. administrative assistant; not Recruiting. Invited to on site interview. I arrived to the interview 15 min early. via email, i'd asked for more information for the specific role as the job description was generic. although assured i would receive prior to the interview, was not received. the location's reception area smelled like bad plumbing -- very off putting for a first impression. The physicians and executives were late and unprepared re: had not read my Resume and didn't think with my extensive experience would be the right challenge for me. Physicians, executives and Admin team suggested I apply for the EA to COO position. I sent thank you email and snail mail to all interviewers. Recruiting only connected with form email that the position had been filled.

Interview Questions

• You have great experience with very hard to get into companies. Why do you want to work here?
      How do you deal with difficult personalities.
      I don't think this role would be a big enough challenge for you -- what do you think?
      Have you applied for the EA to the COO position?
      How soon could you start the assignment?
      1 Answer

Patient Financial Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MultiCare Health System (Tacoma, WA) in December 2015.

Interview

A call from the department supervisor discussing the position. Set up a face to face with the supervisor and two leads. Very easy going. Questions were all customer service based

Interview Questions

• Describe times when you went above and beyond for a patient. Describe your experience with EPIC   1 Answer

Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at MultiCare Health System (Tacoma, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, phone screen with supervisor, interview with team. I was an out-of-state candidate, so my experience is not likely typical.

I spoke for a good amount of time with the recruiter initially. He was knowledgeable and friendly. I was a bit put off, though, as he asked my salary requirement within the first few minutes. I am a manager and understand the need to check salary, however, I felt it was too soon in the process since I had no understanding of the role or the department, and I was told the phone screen would only be 15 to 20 minutes. Because I was an out-of-state candidate, I did not feel comfortable giving a solid salary requirement, as I had not yet researched cost of living in a new state, etc. I gave him a ballpark number and let him know I did not feel comfortable giving a solid number because it was so early in the process. He said, "I'm just going to put down $XYZ." Again, it was early in the process, so I wasn't too concerned (this comes into play later.)

I then spoke with the woman who would be my supervisor if I got the job. She was great. Smart, obviously passionate, asked great questions, etc. I was very excited about the position as it seemed the perfect role for me, as well as the perfect location for my family. She invited me out to Tacoma to interview.

The travel arrangements were a bit rocky and hastily made, but I got there. I flew 8 hours out, stayed overnight, then interviewed all day the next day, then flew home about 10 hours. The interviewers were very thorough, and I was even more interested in the role after speaking to everyone. It seemed like MultiCare was in the middle of a positive culture shift, and I have experience with change management and was very excited to share my ideas. I hoped for the offer and began looking at houses in the area for my family and researching cost of living, etc.

The offer came! It was low. It was lower than I indicated to the recruiter from the onset. I researched, talked to friends in the area, as well as to executive recruiters who are in my family. I counter offered. At which point, things got rather unprofessional.

The recruiter's tone changed and became very passive aggressive and frankly, a bit unprofessional. All of my research was wrong (only his was correct), despite the fact that I talked to actual people living in the area, researched houses (which made it clear to me the cost of similar housing there would cost me much more than my current location), and spoke with a global executive search firm. The recruiter, "I'm confused, you said you wanted to relocate and you said this $XYZ was your salary requirement." Me, "Yes, I do want to relocate, but I cannot do so at a detriment to my family. While your data may say the cost of living is similar, I looked at houses, etc., and for the same living standard for my family, I would need to pay quite a bit more."

They were basically asking me to take a pay cut, a possible loss on my house, etc., to work there, and the recruiter was rather rude in the process. I was uncomfortable that he was not ccing who would be my supervisor on emails, as I wonder if I was misrepresented to her by the recruiter.

I was very disappointed, as the role was perfect and I really enjoyed all the people I met there. I would advise the recruiter not to try to solidify salary within the first 10 minutes and also to watch tone in emails.

Negotiation

Ridiculous. See above. Also, not sure why this is saying that I accepted the offer. Sorry, trying to edit, but the site won't let me. I received an offer but did NOT accept it.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MultiCare Health System (Tacoma, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied on MultiCare's Career Site and specifically requested contact via email only as I was currently employed and using employer cellphone.
    Day 3 post application, contacted by cell phone by peer EA within team. I requested an email as I was currently en route to current job at 8a via public transportation. I received the email close to 5p same day. Peer EA [not company recruiter] asked for a date/ time to schedule an on site interview [no phone screen]. Received a confirmation of on site interview next day without any context. I requested names and titles of interviewers and more specific job description [general job description only.]
    I researched interviewers and team objectives. I requested a more specific job description two (2) days prior to interview [2nd request], without any response. I arrived at company 15 min early - no one at reception. Reception area had a very bad odor -- bad plumbing in a vintage building. 2 min prior to interview time, peer EA introduced herself and escorted to the conference room. Again requested a more specific job description -- was told there was not one. Panel interview with six (6) executives [mix of execs and physicians]. Waited 15 min until all interviewers joined. Two were missing and when I asked if they would be joining, only then did they check with peer EA - who had not checked and interviewers assumed they would not and started the interview. Unfortunately, they were all surprised at my experience and one physician commented several times on the size of the font. After the 7th time, I finally spoke up in the form of one of my internalized EA behaviors -- always seeking to make my exec's "life" easier. Example - seeing the font size would be difficult for my exec to read [due to MultiCare's Career Site restrictions], I would have upsized the font, checked for any format errors and provided the updated - easy to read - copy to the interviewers. [I didn't mention that I come from a paperless environment and would have done the above but email to all interviewers.]

Interview Questions

• #1 Panel Interview: Physicians and Executives
      Q: With all your experience, why would you want this job?
      A: I would not apply without a commitment to the company I have researched and aligns with my career goals. I continue to challenge myself and with the Healthcare Industry fast growing, I wanted to become a part of it, together with coming to work each day knowing that I will be helping people.
      Q: Did you know this would be reviewing and filing a lot of paperwork and forms from the Health Insurance side of the business?
      A: No, I did not. I received a general job description, but not a specific job description.
      Q: There is an EA to the COO position, have you seen it?
      A: Yes, I applied and was not selected to interview.
      Q: I'll make a call to Recruiting if you're OK with that.
      A: Yes; thank you. [no other answer would have been appropriate.]
      #2 Panel Interview: Peer EA and AA from team
      Q: Did you have any trouble finding us?
      A: No, very easy to find.
      Q: Did you park in he gravel lot or on the street?
      A: Neither, public transportation.
      Q: What questions did you have for us?
      A: Could I have specifics on the role for which I am interviewing and also your roles within the team and the size of the team and goals.
      Q: You seem to be overqualified for this position. Have you applied for the EA to the COO position?
      1 Answer

Director of Revenue Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MultiCare Health System (Tacoma, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

The application process is done through the MultiCare website. You attach your resume and then continue to fill out a full background of your job experience, education, why you left previous positions, and salaries.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a Manager and a Director   Answer Question