Multimedia Games Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.5

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

N/A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Multimedia Games (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

I was interviewed in LV. They wanted to fly me in for a 1 day interview from the east coast (not feasible considering time changes, travel time, etc.). The interview process was disorganized. The person I would have directly reported to didn't even know that I was coming in for an interview, and he was pulled in at the last second (and was not prepared). Another person from a completely different department "interviewed" me for 1 hour where he talked about his project for the first 59 minutes. His project had absolutely nothing to do with the position I was interviewing for, and he stopped short of confessing that he was only used as a time filler! Another person who interviewed me only talked with me for 15 minutes, out of an allocated time of 1.5 hours.

The process was insulting, to say the least, and I got the impression very quickly that I was only brought in for an interview as a second choice. Even though the interview technically lasted the whole day, as mentioned above that there were several gaps in the day long process.

The Recruiter called me 3 weeks later to say that someone else was offered the position, but this was only after I had emailed them a few times to see if a decision was reached.

To add insult to injury, I was supposed to get reimbursed for out of pocket costs, but it never happened. To echo another candidate's impression of the interview process, they were discourteous in light of the fact that I had several out of pocket costs, used up 2 days leave, and took time away from family for the interview!

Interview Questions

• Q: What is your gaming industry experience? (Ironically, the person who asked me this question has been in the gaming industry less than 6 months)   Answer Question

N/A Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Multimedia Games.

Interview

HR screen, peer phone interview (1/2 hour), onsite interview (two rounds of one hour each with multiple interviewers, team lunch, and finally hiring manager interview.)

Unfortunately, Recruiting has been quite discourteous. After my onsite interview I sent a thank you note and waited patiently. I very politely requested an update, or at the least a timeline, on the status of my candidacy after waiting a number of weeks and never heard a word back.

When a company has you fly in for a full day of interviews -- causing you to spend PTO, take time away from your family, and arrange additional childcare (or even if you don't need to do any of those things to travel to a prospective employer,) you deserve even the briefest response.

Hopefully this is not routine treatment for candidates.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard interview questions. The team itself was quite welcoming.   Answer Question

QA Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Multimedia Games (Austin, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

Went in for an interview and was questioned by two people. They were friendly and asked basic questions about planning and scripting experience. The surprise was they took me to a lab and had me come up with a script for a gaming machine. My advise would be to write it out instead of trying to tell them the steps. You might want to study up on their machines and how they work prior to going into an interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep track of your work and how is that information reported to management.   Answer Question
    • What did you do to prepare for this interview?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Multimedia Games in January 2011.

Interview

The interview starts with a HR phone screen and two basic problem set that tests your problem solving and design skill. If you pass this test then there's a phone interview with other software developers. This test tend to test your understanding of C++, math, and design skill. After the phone interview is an in person interview where they would ask you about many gotcha in C++ and to write a few simple programs. Some of the topics in the interview include software design, design patterns, C++ syntax/data structure/exception/stl/templates... basically anything about C++ and programming is fair game.

Interview Questions

• Explain all the details of a failed constructor call.   1 Answer