Multimedia Games Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Multimedia Games Interview Questions

2.9

N/A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Multimedia Games (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

I was interviewed in LV. They wanted to fly me in for a 1 day interview from the east coast (not feasible considering time changes, travel time, etc.). The interview process was disorganized. The person I would have directly reported to didn't even know that I was coming in for an interview, and he was pulled in at the last second (and was not prepared). Another person from a completely different department "interviewed" me for 1 hour where he talked about his project for the first 59 minutes. His project had absolutely nothing to do with the position I was interviewing for, and he stopped short of confessing that he was only used as a time filler! Another person who interviewed me only talked with me for 15 minutes, out of an allocated time of 1.5 hours.

The process was insulting, to say the least, and I got the impression very quickly that I was only brought in for an interview as a second choice. Even though the interview technically lasted the whole day, as mentioned above that there were several gaps in the day long process.

The Recruiter called me 3 weeks later to say that someone else was offered the position, but this was only after I had emailed them a few times to see if a decision was reached.

To add insult to injury, I was supposed to get reimbursed for out of pocket costs, but it never happened. To echo another candidate's impression of the interview process, they were discourteous in light of the fact that I had several out of pocket costs, used up 2 days leave, and took time away from family for the interview!

Interview Questions

• Q: What is your gaming industry experience? (Ironically, the person who asked me this question has been in the gaming industry less than 6 months)   Answer Question

N/A Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Multimedia Games.

Interview

HR screen, peer phone interview (1/2 hour), onsite interview (two rounds of one hour each with multiple interviewers, team lunch, and finally hiring manager interview.)

Unfortunately, Recruiting has been quite discourteous. After my onsite interview I sent a thank you note and waited patiently. I very politely requested an update, or at the least a timeline, on the status of my candidacy after waiting a number of weeks and never heard a word back.

When a company has you fly in for a full day of interviews -- causing you to spend PTO, take time away from your family, and arrange additional childcare (or even if you don't need to do any of those things to travel to a prospective employer,) you deserve even the briefest response.

Hopefully this is not routine treatment for candidates.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard interview questions. The team itself was quite welcoming.   Answer Question

Artist I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Multimedia Games in July 2015.

Interview

Received call in regards to beginning the process, followed by two interviews, a brief test, and follow-up emails and calls. Both interviews were fairly relaxed and also provided many opportunities to ask more about the company, the position, and future goals/opportunities. Spoke and made connections with several members of the team throughout the process. Overall a very pleasant experience.

QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Multimedia Games (Austin, TX).

Interview

laid back, plenty of technical questions, reviewed my resume and test cases written, how to write a defect. things about me, what I do for fun. 2 people interviewed me at the same time.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Multimedia Games (Austin, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

A fair process with smart engineers. They are willing to walk through answers and discuss other solutions. Coding is done on a compiler and not on a whiteboard. Opening with the technical portion was a plus as it is nice to get this out of the way early while still fresh. Taking a tour and meeting other members of the team was informative and gave a good feeling of the environment.

Interview Questions

• What made you interested in this position as opposed to the traditional games industry.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Multimedia Games.

Interview

Applied online, after some time had past I got a call from a recruiter saying they were interesting in offering me an interview and asked if a few different times would work for me. They were all weekday/during work hours but I was able to set an hour aside due to my employer at the time already being fully aware I was looking for another job 100% due to location and a move. Phone interview had many questions about experience and resume, they had taken the time to read my previous work experience over which I respect. Questions were normal for what you would expect a hybrid IT/Customer Service job to include. A lot of the "questions" in the interview were actually direct questions from them about past experience, what you would do in sticky situations, what you've learned from various aspects of your life. I was then given a chance to ask questions about the company for ten minutes or so to make sure, after they knew I would fit in, that the company would fit me and what I was looking for. They also asked about what my long term plans and goals were, which is refreshing to see a tech company looking for career minded people.

I was told at the end of my interview that they also had a few applicants they would be interviewing with direct experience in the casino gaming field, and while my interview went well (also another thing that's nice to hear) they were emphasizing that experience in this search and would notify me within a week if they were going to go another route. Within a few days I was told they would like to meet with me for a 1:1 in person. That interview in my case turned out to be more an introduction and a we will be extending you an offer than a secondary interview, but I was able to talk over a lot of the training and transitional questions at that time which was awesome going in to a job blind that you applied for online.

Direct questions were asked about technical aspects I had on my resume as skillsets, just to make sure I wasn't making them up. I was honest in those aspects I was rustier on than others, which played well.

Interview Questions

• Asked for an explanation on managing CISCO configurations through a Serial connection which I didn't expect based on the job description. All background check questions were normal considering how regulated the industry is.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No real negotiation, I was offered on the higher side of what my interviewer said my potential scale to begin could be due to past experience and qualifications. Medical/dental/vision was included from the start as well as PTO accumulation and 401k

Artist Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Multimedia Games (Austin, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview was very laid back - I was very comfortable and able to show my enthusiasm for the opportunity as well as talk about my portfolio which they projected on the wall. The Art Director knows what he likes in an artist and had a current artist, who was the previous artist intern, sit in on the interview to shed light on the internship experience. Both people were very welcoming and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• All questions were very easy to answer, nothing was outlandish. They looked through my website and had me describe my thought process and reasoning behind the work as they scrolled through.   1 Answer

Network & Systems Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Multimedia Games (Austin, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied on the company's website in mid-October, received a call from HR a few days later, a phone interview the next day and a face-to-face panel interview the following week. The interview was preceded by a short technical test consisting mostly of SQL and enterprise networking related questions. The first panel included three members from their NOC team and the second panel included the hiring manager and his boss. Questions varied between the two panels, but it was clear they wanted someone with both an advanced technical aptitude and a customer focused attitude. The tone of the interview was friendly and conversational. I should mention that the location of their office is hidden and hard to find. I highly recommend you search their street address using your favorite mapping app ahead of time so you don't get lost and arrive late.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, but the "Are you okay with casino gambling?" and "Can you pass a thorough background check?" were a little unusual.   Answer Question

QA Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Multimedia Games in May 2013.

Interview

I applied via Jobvite and received a response fairly quickly, within a week or two.

First was a phone interview. In that interview, they asked many of the typical interview questions, along with some pertaining specifically to QA positions. Overall it lasted about 30 minutes.

After that, I was invited in for an in-person interview. They asked many of the same questions in this interview that were asked in the phone interview. Also, this was a 3 part interview. The first part was with two managers. The second was with another, separate manager, and the last was a hands-on exercise in the testing lab. The part with the first two managers was the meat of the interview, where the most specific questions were asked. The second manager asked more general work history questions. While the hands-on exercise just depends on how prepared you are and how your eye for detail is.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Multimedia Games.

Interview

descirbe previous experience. Strongly looking for gaming industry related managment experience and details on projects and success/failures.