Multivision (Virginia) Java Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Multivision (Virginia) Java Developer Interview Questions

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Multivision (Virginia) (Virginia Beach, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

There are two rounds of phone interview. The first one just ask for some personal information and talk about the position and training program. The second one was a technical phone interview. I am more familiar with C# and C instead of Java, so there is one question I did know the answer. The person is really nice on the phone and explained that concept during the interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Multivision (Virginia)

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Multivision (Virginia) in August 2015.

Interview

Good some hard questions and some easy one over all the process was okay, they give you a study guide and about two days to study after that you'll get a call; where they ask you question about the position you're applying for, in my case Java.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between abstract class and interface   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Multivision (Virginia) in July 2015.

Interview

This was a technical telephone interview. Company sent me a PDF document to study before the interview. They then called me at the appointed time and asked me a bunch of questions. The questions were only peripherally related to the study guide they sent, which I found surprising. The interview did not last very log(less than 15 minutes). I got the feeling that the interviewer wanted very specific answers. Also the questions were mostly semantic in nature, and didn't capture any of the finer points of the Software Development process.

Interview Questions

• Using JDBC, what is the difference between a dynamic statement and a stored statement?   1 Answer
    • In Java, what are the default constraints applied to interface method types.   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Multivision (Virginia) in June 2015.

Interview

Got a phone call from a recruiter from Multivision. She asked me screening questions and then set up the phone interview for the following week. I was provided materials I needed to study. I leaned most of the stuff in university but had forgotten a lot of it so the review was helpful. The guy who interviewed me called 15 minutes late and the interview only lasted about 15 minutes. I was asked six or seven questions most of which where easy.

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Multivision (Virginia) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied the job by Monster, and get the phone interview later. The interview takes half an hour, and I got the guide material to be familiarize the questions ahead of the real interview.

The questions covered basic Java knowledge, which emphasize on polymorphism. Second topic is database system, which just some basic MySQL concepts. Third is the software development cycle.

Beside that, being familiarize your resume, cause it will be covered.

Other questions:
    final, finally
    nested class

Interview Questions

• As said before, polymorphism, abstract class vs interface, final or finally, nested class, describe how to design ATM.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Multivision (Virginia) (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

First contacted by a HR to set up a time for phone screen. Also before the interview, all relevant materials and sample questions were provided. I had a 15 mins phone interview from them and answered a few technical questions on Java basics. We started with a brief self-introduction, followed by background check questions.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Multivision (Virginia) (Fairfax, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied through university and the process took 4 days

Interview Details: I had first Technical phone interview and then Panel interview. Multivision was quick in rolling out offer letter.

Interview Questions

• There wasn’t any difficult question. If you know basic of java and j2ee you will clear it with ease.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Multivision (Virginia) (Fairfax, VA) in August 2011.

Interview

I met the recruiter at a job fair. She took my resume and said that I was likely to hear from her soon. The next day I had an email with details regarding their workshop. The workshop was a presentation made to about 20 people that they had gathered. The basic idea was you take their training in a particular technology, they get you a job, and you work for them for two years. After the workshop I was contacted about setting up an interview. I went in expecting an interview, it was actually a review of their contract and terms with the recruiter. They offered me a spot in their Java training program, and presented me with their contract. They suggested that I review the contract with an attorney and contact them if I would like to sign. I reviewed the contract with my attorney and came back to them with my concerns. The recruiter and others in the company wanted to make excuses about the contract rather than actually addressing my concerns. At this point, my choice was pretty clear, I said thank you for your time and I left.

Interview Questions

I declined this offer because of the terrible contract they presented me with. If you look at it from my view, I knew close to nothing about this company when they offered me a position. What I could not get over was how bad this contract was, and how no one at the company could understand my concerns with it. They presented this contract to me with spelling, punctuation, and grammatical errors. Keep in mind, I know nothing about this company, and they give me a legally binding contract that they did not use spell check on. I was nothing short of appalled. I reviewed this contract thoroughly, both on my own and with my attorney (which they suggested). The contract was extremely one sided in favor of the company. It protected their every interest but did nothing to protect the person signing it. What really sealed the deal was when I returned to the company and tried to address my concerns about the contract. In regards to the errors in the contract, the recruiter said "we are a technical company." I don't care what kind of company you are, if you can't use spell check, I am not working for you. When it came to my concerns about the content of the contract they did not want to do any sort of compromise. This made the decision easy and very clear.