Murex Consultant financier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Murex Consultant financier Interview Questions

3.2

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Murex (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2015.

Interview

I received a phone interview from the HR, it basically covered why you choose Murex and what you are interested about Murex, and which area are you most interested in. After a few days I attended a Written test covering financial, math and computer science knowledge test. Followed by interview with the Region Head, then interview with the team head and potential team members.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Murex

Financial Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Murex in December 2013.

Interview

Interview was conducted via video conference with a director and a senior consultant.

Interview Questions

• no technical questions.
      very basic questions about TVM, Bond, and termstructure.
      all the other questions from CV   Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

Interview

Didn't do well in the written test, but still invited to the final interview.

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Murex (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2012.

Interview

I went to the Murex office on 4 occasions. The first day to sit an assessment and the other 3 times for follow up interviews. The assessment was very varies covering a wide range of fields but none of the questions were too challenging although they did have a section n Credit Risk which I was clueless about.

I was asked to come back for an interview with the HR manager. This was a 1:1 interview of about 80 minutes going through my CV and work history. It was an extremely rigorous interview and she left no stones unturned. She basically asked me about every decision that I had made at each step of my career. Half way through she told me that she saw some particular problems with areas in my past employment and asked me to convince her why she'd be wrong to think that way. Overall it was a really tough interview but very professional at the same time.

The third and fourth interviews were called 'technical interviews' but I was asked no technical questions in either of them despite the fact they were being carried out by technical staff. Instead it was the same HR and competency type questions. I found this really frustrating as I had done a lot of work on the technical side of things in preparation for both interviews but I didn't mention this as I didn't want to jeopardise my chances.

I didn't get the job in the end and the feedback was that I needed to be more professional when describing my previous work history. I had left a different career type to go back to college and was a bit too honest in my descriptions of why I had wanted to change career direction.

Interview Questions

• You have two games.
      Game A You toss one coin. Heads you win $1, Tails you lose $1.
      Game B: You toss two coins. Two Heads you win $2, two Tails you lose $2, a combination of both and you win or loss nothing.

What is the Expected Value, Variance and Standard Deviation of both games?

Which game would you prefer to play and why?   1 Answer
    • Who is the head of the European Central Bank?   Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Murex in August 2010.

Interview

1st test: Paper test
    2nd round: Little HR, more math , little finance,derivatives stuff
    3rd round: Derive BlackScholes etc

Consultant financier Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Murex in January 2017.

Interview

Un test mathématiques et finance avec des modules au choix où la difficulté est surtout la vitesse (niveau classes préparatoires), puis un entretien ressource humaine pour orienter sa candidature vers un poste particulier , suivi d'un entretien avec un manager avec une présentation du job et des opportunités d'évolution. Le processus est court et efficace.

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Murex (Paris (France)) in March 2016.

Interview

Epreuve pas très difficile, mais au moins on aurait pu nous prévenir sur les epreuves auxquelles on aurait pu être confronté, le temps mis et autre. Et quelle longueur d'epreuve?? C'était un bel entrainement

Interview Questions

• SWAP, OPTION, GAAP, Obligations, Liabilities and Asset...   1 Answer

Consultant financier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Murex (Paris (France)) in January 2008.

Interview

Test écrit (finance, maths et anglais)

Entretien avec les ressources humaines

Entretien avec le responsable général

Entretien avec le chef d'équipe (N+2)

Entretien avec le chef d'équipe (N+1)

Interview Questions

• Test écrit (allez voir les forums internet, particulièrement en français, pour savoir le genre de questions posées)   Answer Question