Murex Interview Questions in France | Glassdoor

3.5

38 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Murex (Paris (France)) in October 2017.

Interview

First, you have to pass a written test composed of several parts: probability, programming, architecture and databases, risk, finance. Then there is an HR interview where you are asked basic questions about yourself and finally a round of technical interviews.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Murex (Paris (France)) in July 2017.

Interview

1st received a phone call, where i was asked general questions from the company's recruiter, but i was not fully prepared because i was not notified of the call. the second step was a skype meeting with my head of department. Last step was a short call with HR

Interview Questions

• You’ve got several projects on the go. How do you handle it?   Answer Question

Functional Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Murex.

Interview

3 steps of the recruitment process (in Eglish or French):
    - Test (basic / advanced math in application to financial markets, financial markets, corporate finance in application to banks (balance sheet, its constituents and so on))
    - Interview with HR
    - Interview with 1 or 2 associates based on the department where they pre-assign you

Interview Questions

• Some of the questions:

1) Test: (SWAP, OPTION, GAAP, Obligations, Liabilities and Asset)

- Basic math in application to finance
      (calculations and formula writing for bonds price, interest rate, yearly payments, ...)

- Financial products
      (similarly to the first is about financial instruments and estimation of the prices or yearly payment ...)

- Corporate finance in application to banks
        * mix of finance and accounting and financial markets – knowledge of the balance sheet, what it is, what are assets, what are liabilities and what is equity)
        * know the financial standards like IFRS and GAAP, what they are for and so on
        * And there are two cases:
        ** What to do if a customer call you and one deal / link isn’t generated by the software? What kind of question would you ask?
        ** A bank wants to use more possibilities of the MX3 platform and the want have a Proof of the Concept for swaps trading. There details about the swap, and you should know the how it must be made from the accounting point of view, which accounts and so on. But before you should make a proposal how you would implement the project as a chief of the support team.

2) Interview with HR:

- standard HR interview
      - going over the CV
      - understanding of the applicants motivation
      - salary expectation and so on   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Murex (Paris (France)).

Interview

First step in the process is a 3 hours paper-based test to assess finance, maths and programming skills. Candidates for developer roles should focus on programming tests. They include object-oriented software design, C and/or Java, XML, SQL.
    If the test is passed, there is then an interview with the CTO. If successful, interview with team leaders. If successful, interview with the CEO which completes the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Some programming tests are very qualitative, focusing and software design skills rather than on knowledge of a particular language.   Answer Question

Financial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Murex (Paris (France)) in February 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by the enterprise through email after one forum they had done at my university .
    The first stage consists to pass a hard exam ( almost 3 hours ) where I was asked about maths and financial stuffs. The second stage was the interview with the human resource team

Interview Questions

• Have you heard about the company ?
      Which is your dreamed position?   Answer Question

Business Operations Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Murex.

Interview

Two woman from Human Resources department asking the normal questions about every single experience and studies. Kind of regular checks, nonetheless, they were quite overactive, sometimes what french says about this is like "arrêt du faire du cinema" because didn't feel natural fluency about their verbal and non verbal communication. That makes the communication less functional, as a distraction it reduced the possibilities to be open and talk about your profile and how it will be possible to contribute to the mission.

Training Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Murex (Paris (France)) in July 2015.

Interview

Got an email few days after I applied to schedule an interview with a recruiter and the hiring manager in 2 weeks.

I know the behaviour of one employee is not necessarily representative of the company as a whole but I'll still keep a bad impression. The first person I met was the recruiter. She was very cold and seemed upset about something when she welcomed me. She stayed like that for the 30 mins the interview lasted. It really made me feel uncomfortable and didn't give me envy to stay for the second interview. The first one ended earlier than expected and I was supposed to wait for the hiring manager for 30 mins. However after 1 hour, she had not show up yet so I decided to leave. First because this behaviour is really disrespectful in my opinion, second because the position didn't meet my expectations at all. Had some doubts before the interview but they were confirmed when I talked to the recruiter.

I told the receptionist that the hiring manager doesn't need to meet anymore and I sent an email to the recruiter as soon as I got home to explain the situation more in details, seems like reception didn't inform anyone. The recruiter tried to call me on my way home and left a voice message when the hiring manager realized I wasn't in the meeting room anymore, 1 hour after our interview was supposed to start. I'm glad I didn't wait longer and felt much more better after leaving.

Interview Questions

• No tricky questions, usual questions about the company (what do you know about us, why Murex, why this position), what are your lacking skills, why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Internship: Functional Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Murex (Paris (France)).

Interview

1 round: I took the following tests: Calculus, Applied math for finance, Finance: not so hard, at 2y-3y bachelor level. Mid and back office management: Test on some abbriviations, I had no idea.
    2 round: HR: basic questions
    3 round: tech

Interview Questions

• Why Murex? Why finance? Percentage of math work expected in the consultant position?   Answer Question

Front End Functional Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Murex (Paris (France)) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a hr 1 week after applied on line. We arranged a on site technical test 2 weeks later. The candidate can choose the tests according to their choice of position. I chose the C, Java and general technical test. C and Java tests were about reviewing some code and give your opinions on the code's design and performance and write your improved code. I believe that I succeeded the C test but I had to read large chunk of Java code. As I'm not good at OOP. I failed the test. At the beginning of the test, a hr presented their company and said the result would be released for the candidates one week later, but actually 2 weeks later they gave me NO after I called them to ask the result.

Interview Questions

• improve the performance and reliability of C code for calculating if a sequence converges, return its limit.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Murex (Paris (France)) in March 2015.

Interview

1,5 phone interview with many detailed question about system itself and problem solving. Phone call was with 2 person. One of them was Expert and second was direct Manager of whole team. Expert an Manages asked me question one by one. All interview was in very polite atmosphere. If I do not know the answer Managers try to explain me what was correct answer.

Interview Questions

• What happen when....? What will you do if... ? Suppose you modify this ... how it would impact different components of the system ?   1 Answer