Murex Front Office Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Murex Front Office Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Murex

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Murex (New York, NY) in June 2019.

Interview

I took the paper test for two hours. it consists of finance, math, programming, database and a question about the working e-mail. Math includes probability and geometry. Finance includes options, bonds and fx.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Murex

Front Office, Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Murex (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I had two separate interview sessions. I spoke to my potential manager, another consultant, a director, and a developer on the first day and another two managers on the 2nd day. The first interview session was mostly technical. During that first interview, I kept hearing about how long the hours were at Murex. I also got a very detailed explanation of how my career would progress there which I was very appreciative of. One of the interviewers took an especially long time to explain how I would get trained and what I would do. He also stressed how important it is to them to find someone who would stick for a long time since it takes so much time to train a new employee there.

Two weeks later, I got a call from the Front Office Manager to discuss my compensation and I was even told by an insider that I would be getting an offer soon but nothing happened after that call. Not sure what went wrong exactly since I gave my salary requirements ahead of the first interview. I was hesitant myself due to the amount of travel and perhaps, this was sensed by my potential employer.

Interview Questions

• Are you ready to travel for work up to 80% of times?   1 Answer
    • What type of SQL statements do you use "group by" in?   1 Answer
    • What happens to theta as an OTM option approaches expiry?   2 Answers

Front Office Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Murex.

Interview

Applied online. I was reached out to set up a phone interview after about 3 weeks. Phone interview mostly consisted of standard behavioural questions. Interviewer was polite and pleasant.

Front Office Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Murex (Sydney (Australia)) in January 2016.

Interview

Had to complete a test booklet at arrival that lasted 2 hours. The test involved three sections: maths, coding and finance questions. I find it strange that they would ask maths questions about circles. Afterwards, the manager and an employee reviewed the test booklet and sat down for an interview. The employee generally asked behavioural questions while the manager asked more technical questions. The manager also went through the test booklet, particularly on questions I could not answer. The whole process did make me feel incompetent even though I was very confident in my numerical skills. The interviewers were quite friendly. However, they expect a lot from their candidate pool. The process did give off the vibe that you are to work autonomously at all times.

Interview Questions

• Questions on options, future and forward contracts
      Standard behavioural questions
      Interviewers ask questions based on the resume so I suggest learn your resume thoroughly   Answer Question

Consultant Front Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Murex (Paris (France)) in December 2019.

Interview

premier contact téléphonique puis invitation pour un test technique.
    Beaucoup de questions pour 25min d'épreuve, il faut donc aller à l'essentiel en répondant en priorité aux questions qui vous semblera abordable.

Consultant Front Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Murex (Paris (France)) in January 2018.

Interview

Présentation entreprise
    Présentation des tests ( au choix)
    Test sur les mathématiques financière (25 min) et il y a au moins 8 pages

Consultant Front Office Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Murex (Paris (France)) in September 2011.

Interview

Test écrit (maths, finances, informatique) + PDG + Ressources Humaines + Patron

Interview Questions

• Que sont les profits et les pertes de comptabilité, les profits et les pertes économiques et comment les calculer ?   Answer Question