Murex Integration Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Murex Integration Consultant Interview Questions

3.6

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Murex (New York, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

Initially applied through a recruiter and had a phone interview with basic questions a day later. In two days, rather quickly actually, I was brought in for a 7 hour in person interview. After an in-person exam, I was asked question in three one hour 1-1 interviews regarding programming, the market, etc.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding the intricacies of networking, simply because I was not prepared for these questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Murex

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Murex (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

Got the interview by applying online. First a screening phone call to make sure that you understand what you have applied to and also to make sure that everything on your resume is Ok. Then comes a phone call, usually someone from the integration team who would ask you about what's listed in your resume. Make sure you know all definitions for this interview as well as basic algorithms, as stupid as this may sound I got stuck trying to define a class/object in Java and coming up with a decent algorithm to calculate root square using (Newton's sequence).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Murex (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

Phone interview 1 hour long all technical questions
    Complexities of Vector Link List
    Implement fibonacci series

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Murex (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

Initial phone interview, with basic Unix and finance related questions. Then an in-person interview with a 2 hour written exam on C, networking, Unix and finance basics. This interview had 4 different people interviewing me sequentially, each one including a brain-teaser of sorts. Each interview lasted around an hour, and none were too difficult.

Negotiation

Money for relocation. Also, keep in mind they pay for all benefits (medical, etc.)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Murex (New York, NY) in October 2008.

Interview

Made contact with an HR recruiter at a University event, spoke with the recruiter and then presented my CV. Was then contacted for an initial phone interview after a week (some logic problems albeit not very technical) , then by another interviewer (more technical problems). Two weeks passed before I received an invite for an on site interview in NY, all graciously arranged by the company. Upon my arrival was directly ushered in to take a knowledge test on technical skills (Math and Computer Science). I was then interviewed by 4 members of their team and felt the first couple of interviewers were in a hurry and just throwing in their questions before moving on. All interviews consisted of a brief summary of what they did, what I have done, before trying to solve 2-3 problems/algorithms and then moving on.
    That last day of interview was short but intense but I think that was the intent. Like any other place I think it has its cast of characters that you would enjoy to work with and some that you wouldn't.

Interview Questions

• What are the courses you took in University, which did you prefer and why ?   Answer Question
    • Given a grid of any height and width, write an algorithm to traverse it in a spiral. (Starting at the top left and ending in the middle)   Answer Question