Murex Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.6

50 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Murex (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

A interview on skype, followed by a written test done at one of their offices. The contents of the test cannot be disclosed, but they are testing basic math, programming, and financing skills.

Interview Questions

• Why Murex and not other companies? What do you think would be better at Murex compared with other companies and what could be worse?   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Murex.

Interview

Applied online on their company website, got an answer a few weeks later to take a technical exam. This is mostly SQL, linux commands, XML, and finding the problem in error reports. Then received 2 interviews afterwards. First is mostly behavioral and going over the exam and the second is more technical.

Interview Questions

• A question about an error in their system with an error in a SQL statement.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Murex (New York, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

Initially applied through a recruiter and had a phone interview with basic questions a day later. In two days, rather quickly actually, I was brought in for a 7 hour in person interview. After an in-person exam, I was asked question in three one hour 1-1 interviews regarding programming, the market, etc.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding the intricacies of networking, simply because I was not prepared for these questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Murex (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

Got the interview by applying online. First a screening phone call to make sure that you understand what you have applied to and also to make sure that everything on your resume is Ok. Then comes a phone call, usually someone from the integration team who would ask you about what's listed in your resume. Make sure you know all definitions for this interview as well as basic algorithms, as stupid as this may sound I got stuck trying to define a class/object in Java and coming up with a decent algorithm to calculate root square using (Newton's sequence).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Murex (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

Phone interview 1 hour long all technical questions
    Complexities of Vector Link List
    Implement fibonacci series

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Murex (New York, NY) in October 2008.

Interview

Made contact with an HR recruiter at a University event, spoke with the recruiter and then presented my CV. Was then contacted for an initial phone interview after a week (some logic problems albeit not very technical) , then by another interviewer (more technical problems). Two weeks passed before I received an invite for an on site interview in NY, all graciously arranged by the company. Upon my arrival was directly ushered in to take a knowledge test on technical skills (Math and Computer Science). I was then interviewed by 4 members of their team and felt the first couple of interviewers were in a hurry and just throwing in their questions before moving on. All interviews consisted of a brief summary of what they did, what I have done, before trying to solve 2-3 problems/algorithms and then moving on.
    That last day of interview was short but intense but I think that was the intent. Like any other place I think it has its cast of characters that you would enjoy to work with and some that you wouldn't.

Interview Questions

• What are the courses you took in University, which did you prefer and why ?   Answer Question
    • Given a grid of any height and width, write an algorithm to traverse it in a spiral. (Starting at the top left and ending in the middle)   Answer Question

Functional Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Murex.

Interview

3 steps of the recruitment process (in Eglish or French):
    - Test (basic / advanced math in application to financial markets, financial markets, corporate finance in application to banks (balance sheet, its constituents and so on))
    - Interview with HR
    - Interview with 1 or 2 associates based on the department where they pre-assign you

Interview Questions

• Some of the questions:

1) Test: (SWAP, OPTION, GAAP, Obligations, Liabilities and Asset)

- Basic math in application to finance
      (calculations and formula writing for bonds price, interest rate, yearly payments, ...)

- Financial products
      (similarly to the first is about financial instruments and estimation of the prices or yearly payment ...)

- Corporate finance in application to banks
        * mix of finance and accounting and financial markets – knowledge of the balance sheet, what it is, what are assets, what are liabilities and what is equity)
        * know the financial standards like IFRS and GAAP, what they are for and so on
        * And there are two cases:
        ** What to do if a customer call you and one deal / link isn’t generated by the software? What kind of question would you ask?
        ** A bank wants to use more possibilities of the MX3 platform and the want have a Proof of the Concept for swaps trading. There details about the swap, and you should know the how it must be made from the accounting point of view, which accounts and so on. But before you should make a proposal how you would implement the project as a chief of the support team.

2) Interview with HR:

- standard HR interview
      - going over the CV
      - understanding of the applicants motivation
      - salary expectation and so on   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Murex (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2016.

Interview

Received a call from the HR and i went to the office and did an assessment on mathematics, programming, database concepts, finance and communications. Right after the assessment i was interview by a HR personnel.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where you are being reprimanded by the client for a series of errors on the platform?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Murex.

Interview

I took 2 tests: basic maths applied to finance and finance. They were asking reasonable questions about bonds and interest rates and some acronyms like IBAN, JPY, UNIX etc
    Then I was invited for an interview with the HR

Interview Questions

• Why Finance?
      Why Murex?
      Are you in contact with other companies?
      Why Murex and not a bank?   Answer Question

Financial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Murex (Paris (France)) in February 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by the enterprise through email after one forum they had done at my university .
    The first stage consists to pass a hard exam ( almost 3 hours ) where I was asked about maths and financial stuffs. The second stage was the interview with the human resource team

Interview Questions

• Have you heard about the company ?
      Which is your dreamed position?   Answer Question