Murex Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Murex Interview Questions

Updated Dec 10, 2017

3.5

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Murex (Paris (France)) in October 2017.

Interview

First, you have to pass a written test composed of several parts: probability, programming, architecture and databases, risk, finance. Then there is an HR interview where you are asked basic questions about yourself and finally a round of technical interviews.

Functional Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Murex in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process is very lengthy, that is not to mention the exam that one needs to pass beforehand. And one has to pass many interviews in order to be considered. The whole thing was very badly managed and felt very unprofessional. I highly recommend people not to apply to this company as their teams were very hypocritical.

Interview Questions

• Mostly tell us about this experience or that experience.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Murex (Paris (France)) in July 2017.

Interview

1st received a phone call, where i was asked general questions from the company's recruiter, but i was not fully prepared because i was not notified of the call. the second step was a skype meeting with my head of department. Last step was a short call with HR

Interview Questions

• You’ve got several projects on the go. How do you handle it?   Answer Question

Functional Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Murex.

Interview

3 steps of the recruitment process (in Eglish or French):
    - Test (basic / advanced math in application to financial markets, financial markets, corporate finance in application to banks (balance sheet, its constituents and so on))
    - Interview with HR
    - Interview with 1 or 2 associates based on the department where they pre-assign you

Interview Questions

• Some of the questions:

1) Test: (SWAP, OPTION, GAAP, Obligations, Liabilities and Asset)

- Basic math in application to finance
      (calculations and formula writing for bonds price, interest rate, yearly payments, ...)

- Financial products
      (similarly to the first is about financial instruments and estimation of the prices or yearly payment ...)

- Corporate finance in application to banks
        * mix of finance and accounting and financial markets – knowledge of the balance sheet, what it is, what are assets, what are liabilities and what is equity)
        * know the financial standards like IFRS and GAAP, what they are for and so on
        * And there are two cases:
        ** What to do if a customer call you and one deal / link isn’t generated by the software? What kind of question would you ask?
        ** A bank wants to use more possibilities of the MX3 platform and the want have a Proof of the Concept for swaps trading. There details about the swap, and you should know the how it must be made from the accounting point of view, which accounts and so on. But before you should make a proposal how you would implement the project as a chief of the support team.

2) Interview with HR:

- standard HR interview
      - going over the CV
      - understanding of the applicants motivation
      - salary expectation and so on   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Murex (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2016.

Interview

Received a call from the HR and i went to the office and did an assessment on mathematics, programming, database concepts, finance and communications. Right after the assessment i was interview by a HR personnel.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where you are being reprimanded by the client for a series of errors on the platform?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Murex (Paris (France)).

Interview

First step in the process is a 3 hours paper-based test to assess finance, maths and programming skills. Candidates for developer roles should focus on programming tests. They include object-oriented software design, C and/or Java, XML, SQL.
    If the test is passed, there is then an interview with the CTO. If successful, interview with team leaders. If successful, interview with the CEO which completes the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Some programming tests are very qualitative, focusing and software design skills rather than on knowledge of a particular language.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Murex.

Interview

I took 2 tests: basic maths applied to finance and finance. They were asking reasonable questions about bonds and interest rates and some acronyms like IBAN, JPY, UNIX etc
    Then I was invited for an interview with the HR

Interview Questions

• Why Finance?
      Why Murex?
      Are you in contact with other companies?
      Why Murex and not a bank?   Answer Question

Financial Software Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Murex (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied in Dublin office. There were 4 rounds:
    1. Online application, including CV and cover letter: research for Murex information, recent achievements, strengths, customers...
    2. Technical Paper Test: 2 hours, with 40 writing questions
          a. 10 compulsory questions: overview about Murex, why do choose this position, some IQ questions
          b. 5 topics, choose any 3 (risk management, capital markets, IT theory, practical IT knowledge, maths): 10 questions each
    3. HR Interview (with 1 more Consultant involved): go through the CV with great details
    4. Technical interview with 2 managers: focus on working experience, as well as questions to test technology general knowledge, ability and interest. 2 IQ questions as well

Interview Questions

• What is the technology that you consider the most innovative in the last 10 years?
      What is the technology that you find it most advantageous for yourself?   Answer Question

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Murex (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

Interview was with two senior developers, and took place at the Murex offices. The interview lasted about 1 hour and consisted of questions about my background and education. I was asked some questions about Java programming language and about Object-oriented software design. I was also asked to solve some simple programming problems in Java, on a computer set up in the interview room.

Financial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Murex (Paris (France)) in February 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by the enterprise through email after one forum they had done at my university .
    The first stage consists to pass a hard exam ( almost 3 hours ) where I was asked about maths and financial stuffs. The second stage was the interview with the human resource team

Interview Questions

• Have you heard about the company ?
      Which is your dreamed position?   Answer Question