Murex Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Murex

3.4

Financial Software Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Murex (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2017.

Interview

A thorough look at my experience to date, capabilities, and ambitions for my future career, as well as questions regarding my interests and proactivity relating to learning new skills as part of personal development goals

Interview Questions

• What type of work environment do you enjoy working in   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Murex (Paris (France)) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online in their website:
    1. First round - Specialized test : I was invited to Murex office in Paris to do the test. They had a short introduction about the company and recruitment process before doing the test (around 15 minutes). Test structure:
    - one compulsory writing test in Finance: you have 1 hour to complete this test. It includes 15 calculation questions about financial markets (such as: bonds, derivatives,...). You are not allowed to use your calculator or support documents.
    - one optional test in Finance: you have the rights to choose one of 3 subjects (I don't remember all of them). I chosen financial products subject and I had 45 minutes to complete 6 questions about hedging pricing model. It's much more difficult than the compulsory one. The optional test is not compulsory, you can choose to do the test if you are confident that it will help you increase your grade.

2. Second round: HR interview. After 2 weeks, I got a skype interview with HR. It's online interview. They just asked me some classical questions: my understanding about company's operation, my motivation, my advantages and disadvantages, my education... It was around 30 minutes

3. Third round: Face-to-face interview with manager: One hour interview.
    - The first part (10 minutes): They asked me about my previous experience and my education related to financial markets.
    - The second part (20 minutes): They asked about some financial products: IRS, EQD,... Just my understanding about these financial products (not about pricing).
    - The third part (30 minutes): They introduced one function in MX3 and explained how it works. Then they gave me a case study regarding this function. I needed to answer what should I do in this situation to analyse the problem and answer clients

The timeline: I got the result of 1st round in one week, the 2nd round in 2 weeks and the 3rd round in 3 days.

Interview Questions

• Classical questions in HR interview round and specialized and technical question in manager round   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Murex (Paris (France)) in July 2017.

Interview

1st received a phone call, where i was asked general questions from the company's recruiter, but i was not fully prepared because i was not notified of the call. the second step was a skype meeting with my head of department. Last step was a short call with HR

Interview Questions

• You’ve got several projects on the go. How do you handle it?   Answer Question

Functional Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Murex in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process is very lengthy, that is not to mention the exam that one needs to pass beforehand. And one has to pass many interviews in order to be considered. The whole thing was very badly managed and felt very unprofessional. I highly recommend people not to apply to this company as their teams were very hypocritical.

Interview Questions

• Mostly tell us about this experience or that experience.   Answer Question

Software Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Murex (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in June 2017.

Interview

Initial HR interview, followed my technical assessment. After this another intrview with more senior management. The technical exam was part in three parts, finance, IT and general problem solving questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked for details of projects I had worked on and problems zi had overcome within them. Asked for examples of dealing with difficult people and situations and how I coped with them.   Answer Question

Functional Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Murex.

Interview

3 steps of the recruitment process (in Eglish or French):
    - Test (basic / advanced math in application to financial markets, financial markets, corporate finance in application to banks (balance sheet, its constituents and so on))
    - Interview with HR
    - Interview with 1 or 2 associates based on the department where they pre-assign you

Interview Questions

• Some of the questions:

1) Test: (SWAP, OPTION, GAAP, Obligations, Liabilities and Asset)

- Basic math in application to finance
      (calculations and formula writing for bonds price, interest rate, yearly payments, ...)

- Financial products
      (similarly to the first is about financial instruments and estimation of the prices or yearly payment ...)

- Corporate finance in application to banks
        * mix of finance and accounting and financial markets – knowledge of the balance sheet, what it is, what are assets, what are liabilities and what is equity)
        * know the financial standards like IFRS and GAAP, what they are for and so on
        * And there are two cases:
        ** What to do if a customer call you and one deal / link isn’t generated by the software? What kind of question would you ask?
        ** A bank wants to use more possibilities of the MX3 platform and the want have a Proof of the Concept for swaps trading. There details about the swap, and you should know the how it must be made from the accounting point of view, which accounts and so on. But before you should make a proposal how you would implement the project as a chief of the support team.

2) Interview with HR:

- standard HR interview
      - going over the CV
      - understanding of the applicants motivation
      - salary expectation and so on   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Murex (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2016.

Interview

Received a call from the HR and i went to the office and did an assessment on mathematics, programming, database concepts, finance and communications. Right after the assessment i was interview by a HR personnel.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where you are being reprimanded by the client for a series of errors on the platform?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Murex (Paris (France)).

Interview

First step in the process is a 3 hours paper-based test to assess finance, maths and programming skills. Candidates for developer roles should focus on programming tests. They include object-oriented software design, C and/or Java, XML, SQL.
    If the test is passed, there is then an interview with the CTO. If successful, interview with team leaders. If successful, interview with the CEO which completes the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Some programming tests are very qualitative, focusing and software design skills rather than on knowledge of a particular language.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Murex.

Interview

I took 2 tests: basic maths applied to finance and finance. They were asking reasonable questions about bonds and interest rates and some acronyms like IBAN, JPY, UNIX etc
    Then I was invited for an interview with the HR

Interview Questions

• Why Finance?
      Why Murex?
      Are you in contact with other companies?
      Why Murex and not a bank?   Answer Question

Financial Software Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Murex (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied in Dublin office. There were 4 rounds:
    1. Online application, including CV and cover letter: research for Murex information, recent achievements, strengths, customers...
    2. Technical Paper Test: 2 hours, with 40 writing questions
          a. 10 compulsory questions: overview about Murex, why do choose this position, some IQ questions
          b. 5 topics, choose any 3 (risk management, capital markets, IT theory, practical IT knowledge, maths): 10 questions each
    3. HR Interview (with 1 more Consultant involved): go through the CV with great details
    4. Technical interview with 2 managers: focus on working experience, as well as questions to test technology general knowledge, ability and interest. 2 IQ questions as well

Interview Questions

• What is the technology that you consider the most innovative in the last 10 years?
      What is the technology that you find it most advantageous for yourself?   Answer Question