Murex Interview Questions in Paris, France | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 3, 2017

3.6

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Murex (Paris (France)).

Interview

First step in the process is a 3 hours paper-based test to assess finance, maths and programming skills. Candidates for developer roles should focus on programming tests. They include object-oriented software design, C and/or Java, XML, SQL.
    If the test is passed, there is then an interview with the CTO. If successful, interview with team leaders. If successful, interview with the CEO which completes the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Some programming tests are very qualitative, focusing and software design skills rather than on knowledge of a particular language.   Answer Question

Financial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Murex (Paris (France)) in February 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by the enterprise through email after one forum they had done at my university .
    The first stage consists to pass a hard exam ( almost 3 hours ) where I was asked about maths and financial stuffs. The second stage was the interview with the human resource team

Interview Questions

• Have you heard about the company ?
      Which is your dreamed position?
      Answer Question

Training Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Murex (Paris (France)) in July 2015.

Interview

Got an email few days after I applied to schedule an interview with a recruiter and the hiring manager in 2 weeks.

I know the behaviour of one employee is not necessarily representative of the company as a whole but I'll still keep a bad impression. The first person I met was the recruiter. She was very cold and seemed upset about something when she welcomed me. She stayed like that for the 30 mins the interview lasted. It really made me feel uncomfortable and didn't give me envy to stay for the second interview. The first one ended earlier than expected and I was supposed to wait for the hiring manager for 30 mins. However after 1 hour, she had not show up yet so I decided to leave. First because this behaviour is really disrespectful in my opinion, second because the position didn't meet my expectations at all. Had some doubts before the interview but they were confirmed when I talked to the recruiter.

I told the receptionist that the hiring manager doesn't need to meet anymore and I sent an email to the recruiter as soon as I got home to explain the situation more in details, seems like reception didn't inform anyone. The recruiter tried to call me on my way home and left a voice message when the hiring manager realized I wasn't in the meeting room anymore, 1 hour after our interview was supposed to start. I'm glad I didn't wait longer and felt much more better after leaving.

Interview Questions

• No tricky questions, usual questions about the company (what do you know about us, why Murex, why this position), what are your lacking skills, why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Internship: Functional Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Murex (Paris (France)).

Interview

1 round: I took the following tests: Calculus, Applied math for finance, Finance: not so hard, at 2y-3y bachelor level. Mid and back office management: Test on some abbriviations, I had no idea.
    2 round: HR: basic questions
    3 round: tech

Interview Questions

• Why Murex? Why finance? Percentage of math work expected in the consultant position?   Answer Question

Front End Functional Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Murex (Paris (France)) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a hr 1 week after applied on line. We arranged a on site technical test 2 weeks later. The candidate can choose the tests according to their choice of position. I chose the C, Java and general technical test. C and Java tests were about reviewing some code and give your opinions on the code's design and performance and write your improved code. I believe that I succeeded the C test but I had to read large chunk of Java code. As I'm not good at OOP. I failed the test. At the beginning of the test, a hr presented their company and said the result would be released for the candidates one week later, but actually 2 weeks later they gave me NO after I called them to ask the result.

Interview Questions

• improve the performance and reliability of C code for calculating if a sequence converges, return its limit.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Murex (Paris (France)) in March 2015.

Interview

1,5 phone interview with many detailed question about system itself and problem solving. Phone call was with 2 person. One of them was Expert and second was direct Manager of whole team. Expert an Manages asked me question one by one. All interview was in very polite atmosphere. If I do not know the answer Managers try to explain me what was correct answer.

Interview Questions

• What happen when....? What will you do if... ? Suppose you modify this ... how it would impact different components of the system ?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Murex (Paris (France)) in February 2015.

Interview

I've been contacted via linkedin for a technical writing test. The test contains general questions about oop sql plus some code optimization in c++ and some OO design optimization in java.

Interview Questions

• optimize a code computing a series limit and calling two external libs for the series ...   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Murex (Paris (France)) in April 2011.

Interview

The process is in three parts.

The first part is a written exam, made of several medium length exercises. It tests the overall programming knowledge of the candidate and his capacity to quickly read code and reason about it. If you succeed, the HR department will call you rather quickly to continue.

The second part consists in an interview with the HR department. The goal of this interview is to check with the candidate if his expectations and those of Murex match, in term of position, role, salary, etc.

The last part consists of technical interviews (one or more) with the teams potentially interested by the profile of the candidate. Each team has its own preferred exercises and focus, so the difficulty, duration and topic may vary a lot. It is also an opportunity for the candidate to check whether he would like to work within this team.

Interview Questions

• Comment on a API, and explain what looks good and what does not. And how would you improve it.   Answer Question

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Murex (Paris (France)) in December 2016.

Interview

j'ai passé un test technique après être contacté par les RH. Le test se compose d'une épreuve obligatoire portant sur des maths financières. On a la possibilité de passer une ou plusieurs épreuves facultatives, j'avais choisi celle des maths : c'était principalement des maths de prépa avec beaucoup d'intégrales.

Consultant Technique Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Murex (Paris (France)) in September 2016.

Interview

Tests écrits: Il s'agit de la 1ère session de recrutement. Plusieurs tests écrits vous sont proposés, dont un est obligatoire, les autres facultatifs. Le test de Mathématiques financières élémentaires est obligatoire. Si vous aspirez à devenir IT Quant par exemple, vous devrez passer les tests de programmation et de mathématiques avancées.
    Les tests sont longs et relativement théoriques.

Interview Questions

• Calculer les taux d'intérets sur 2 investissements différents   Answer Question