Murphy USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

1.9

QA Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Dorado, AR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Murphy USA (El Dorado, AR) in August 2017.

Interview

Murphy USA flew me out and put me up in a nice hotel in downtown El Dorado the night before. The interview was around half a day and included lunch with some of the people relevant to the job. Everyone was incredibly nice and professional, the process of getting to and from the location was all taken care of so all I had to worry about was the interview itself.
    The interview was broken out into three separate one hour sessions with principals in the technology group. The questions were mostly about my background and some generalities about what the current situation was and what they wanted to do. All questions I asked were answered freely and fully.
    The interviews themselves were somewhat vague at times, I attribute this to things being at ground zero for the technology group. It did however lead me to have some questions about the job reality matching with the job description. That however is hardly a unique concern.
    Overall I would recommend this employer, I did receive a job offer and desperately wanted to accept it but we couldn't meet at a mutually satisfactory compensation package. That is not to say that Murphy USA did not try, there were just some mitigating circumstances that they were not able to remedy. No hard feelings on the offer or anything associated with the process.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Covington, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Murphy USA (Covington, LA) in July 2017.

Interview

Had two interviews. First on the telephone with a recruiter. Three behavioral questions and talk about my resume. Second interview was in person with DM very informal and just asked me why I wanted to join Murphy.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Murphy USA (Nashville, TN) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online.. did recruiter interview, then another phone interview, followed by a video interview and a in perosn interview with 3 divisional managers. Easy questions, all great personalities. Felt a little biased as more than half the candidates were from 1 other company and had previous work relationships with interviewers. Went with the process, answered the questions, but had lost interest in the position, as just based on interaction and dynamics you could tell the positions were already filled by pre-selected candidates.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Murphy USA.

Interview

We went over what they did with paper work and counting cigarettes why I would want to work there if I had any experience and talked for about 45 mins and I got the job

Interview Questions

• Why do u want to work for Murphy oil   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Aransas Pass, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Murphy USA (Aransas Pass, TX).

Interview

The interview was very quick and easy. The manager asked me basic questions about my experience, my availability and how comfortable I feel working at a gas station. I waited for 3-4 days and then they called me so I could conduct and background check and drug test. Background check was quick but drug test took a while. But once everything came back I started immediately.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Murphy USA in January 2017.

Interview

Was extremely quick. Got asked about 5 questions. Was willing to work as soon as possible and it showed so got the job right away. Background test and drug test

Anonymous Employee in Paris, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Murphy USA (Paris, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Quick and friendly, loved the manager. Still waiting on background to pass. They redflag any and everything, the manager has called to check on things but still waiting...... I'm hoping to hear from them soon but still searching for employment just in case

Interview Questions

• Could I be available in any case   1 Answer

District Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Murphy USA (Fort Worth, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview process took 5+ weeks. Had to do one phone interview. Then a second video chat interview. The final interview was with a District Manager and Division Director, they took turns asking various questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Murphy USA (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Best "interview" ever had . Everyone was extremely nice was hired right away ! No pressure felt like i was talking to a friend ! They were looking for someone determined to work and a good personality

Interview Questions

Negotiation

$8.25 no negotiation needed

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Murphy USA (Little Rock, AR).

Interview

I did a phone interview where they asked me questions and then they flew me to Little Rock, AR where I sat for a panel interview with 3 people. They all took turns asking me different questions.